Chicken-Legs-No-More Split

Mr popular you are obviously a troll because you disagree with a lot of people, and since all of you have small arms your advice to train them is obviously wrong.

Duh anybody?

[quote]mr popular wrote:
I’m accusing them of giving poor advice. I’m still not really following what you’re trying to say here…[/quote]

Im calling you a parrot and I havent given any advice in this thread.

OP: Sounds like a reasonable course of action. I took the other approach and gave up cardio for the rest of June (3 weeks). Then again I am in a major bulk and trying to retain a maximal amount of muscle, even at the cost of my endurance. As a long time runner and swimmer, I think I can afford it at this time. Plus it is pretty boring, and the last thing I feel like doing after a brutal 60 minute lift is cardio :slight_smile:

Given the fact that you are 2-3" taller and 50 lbs heavier, I can understand why you are not cutting cardio out completely. Perhaps HIIT isn’t the right approach here but when I hear the word “light” as a prefix to any kind of exercise I think of middle-aged women in spandex walking on a treadmill. Sorry for the visual.

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
I see you like the front squat. More power to you, but from my experience most people can back squat much more than they can front squat. You might want to focus on back squats some more … at least, I much prefer them because they leave me totally sore all over. They do not target the quads as much but I prefer to feel it in my posterior chain.
[/quote]

I did full back squat for years and got zero quads development from it (long ass femur…) I squatted mostly using my hammies and back. Three months ago I switched to front squat and voila! I got more quads development in three months of front squatting than in years of back squatting. Front squat is also great for forcing my lazy gluteus into work.

Now I rely mostly on rack pulls, romanian deadlift for my posterior chain. I still back squat for the fun of it but not that much anymore. From a bodybuilding perspective I don’t think back squat is necessary, actually it can even be counterproductive in some case.

Regards,

Franck

Everyone is different, that is for sure. Back squats barely hit my hamstrings at all. I feel it bigtime in my glutes and quads actually. I follow them up with good-mornings or deadlifts to shock the hamstrings into submission. Besides, I can tell by your picture that you are more experienced than I … front squats are something I am going to try in the future but I am trying to bring up my hams and glutes before I toy around with quad development. Good input though!