Cheetin' Chinese

[quote]lixy wrote:
This is a most trivial matter.

The ultimate authority that can determine what age they are, is the Chinese government. And in case you’re not following the news, it can’t be bullied nor coerced. If they lied, then there’s absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. If they didn’t, it makes you lot a whiny bunch bitching about nothing more than a bloody piece of metal.

There’s no such thing as a level playing field in this type of events. People get away with what they can. Start by guaranteeing the same access to food, supps, medicine, etc.

And I’m not even going to touch the racial slur in this thread. Well, let me just say that it’s a shitload more wrong than forging a DOB.[/quote]

Much like you persistent and eternal bitching about my country and people? If it were the U.S. doing this you’d be on it like flys on shit. But your always on the wrong side and you support the abuse and murder of the innocent at the hands of tyrants. But you be quick to condemn a “racial slur” like it matters. …Your priorities are severely out of whack.

[quote]pat wrote:
Perhaps, but I am suffering from an extreme version of not giving a fuck. ‘Chink bitches’ just kind of rolls off the tongue. It has a lyrical, sardonic quality to it, representing a sickly humor but expressing an even sadder abuse at the hands of their government and those sworn to protect them. [/quote]

I see you’re from the Humpty Dumpty school of semantics.

[quote]pookie wrote:
pat wrote:
Perhaps, but I am suffering from an extreme version of not giving a fuck. ‘Chink bitches’ just kind of rolls off the tongue. It has a lyrical, sardonic quality to it, representing a sickly humor but expressing an even sadder abuse at the hands of their government and those sworn to protect them.

[/quote]

Yeah, but I got held back a year. So I haven’t graduated yet.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
I agree that there is no way they are 16, but why would a 10 year old have an advantage over a 16 year old in gymnastics? I would think the 16 year old would have more practice and experience.

Just as a point of reference, Nadia Comaneci’s famous performance was at the age of 14 in the '76 Olympics.[/quote]

Yup. And she was also routinely in a back brace any time she wasn’t competing. Seems she had serious back problems but rather than treat her, they just kept her in the game.

Do you all realize that it wasn’t until the 1930’s that was any real organization to the Olympics? People just showed up. You were on a country’s team if you wanted to be. How quaint.

– jj

[quote]pat wrote:

Yeah, but I got held back a year. So I haven’t graduated yet.[/quote]

You failed to meet eggspectations?

[quote]pookie wrote:
pat wrote:

Yeah, but I got held back a year. So I haven’t graduated yet.

You failed to meet eggspectations?
[/quote]

Welcome back pook!

Everytime i read the title of this thread I keep thinking it says “getting cheese”

More on this topic:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastics/news/newsid=213588.html?_source=rss&cid=

Apparently, a few Chinese news media sites listed He’s age as 13 not so long ago… until those pages disappeared.

I really like the quote near the end of the article:

“We already explained this very clearly. There’s no need to discuss this thing again.”

Right. “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.”

[quote]
Molotov_Coktease wrote:
I could be wrong, but it doesn’t seem like anybody is bending over backwards to verify these ages (other than examining the allegedly falsified legal documents)…

LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
There is absolutely no objective way to measure the age of a human being by physical evidence. These girls’ ages will come down to which documents one chooses to believe are correct. This issue is done. [/quote]

I can’t see the IOC doing anything, they’ve taken flack for China over the games for too long that they are defensive now.

The one chance that China would be caught is if whatever the international gymnastics organization (whatever it’s called) investigates. China would have had to submit official papers in the past if these girls did in fact compete internationally.

At that point, China would need to admit that one set was wrong and they could be sanctioned (ie. suspended from future competition).

Again this is only if the international gymnastics community investigates, which I doubt they will.

They’re not going to admit to it. Most people know they’re just kids. Let them have their medal.
They already admitted the the girl lip syncing because the real singer wasn’t cute enough.
They have the mentality to do it and they wont let themselves be embarrassed by their cheating again.

Wow, i used they a lot.

[quote]pookie wrote:
More on this topic:

Apparently, a few Chinese news media sites listed He’s age as 13 not so long ago… until those pages disappeared.

“We already explained this very clearly. There’s no need to discuss this thing again.”

[/quote]

Give them a break. There is no need to discuss this thing again.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
pookie wrote:
More on this topic:

Give them a break. There is no need to discuss this thing again.[/quote]

Droids are always worth discussing.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
pookie wrote:
More on this topic:

Give them a break. There is no need to discuss this thing again.

Droids are always worth discussing.[/quote]

Gynoids in particular.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Give them a break. There is no need to discuss this thing again.[/quote]

What thing?

[quote]lixy wrote:
This is a most trivial matter.

The ultimate authority that can determine what age they are, is the Chinese government. And in case you’re not following the news, it can’t be bullied nor coerced. If they lied, then there’s absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.

If they didn’t, it makes you lot a whiny bunch bitching about nothing more than a bloody piece of metal.

There’s no such thing as a level playing field in this type of events. People get away with what they can. Start by guaranteeing the same access to food, supps, medicine, etc.

And I’m not even going to touch the racial slur in this thread. Well, let me just say that it’s a shitload more wrong than forging a DOB.[/quote]

I fail to see how disliking something for being morally wrong is a trivial matter, whether one can do anything or not.

[quote]Fiction wrote:
I fail to see how disliking something for being morally wrong is a trivial matter, whether one can do anything or not.[/quote]

It’s trivial in the same way discussing the hat Madonna wore to the Oscars is trivial.

And no, I’m no fun at parties.

Besides, all this discussion is defeating the purpose of the Olympics. Petty nationalism and racial slurs abound. So much for understanding and coming together.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Fiction wrote:
I fail to see how disliking something for being morally wrong is a trivial matter, whether one can do anything or not.

It’s trivial in the same way discussing the hat Madonna wore to the Oscars is trivial.

Besides, all this discussion is defeating the purpose of the Olympics. Petty nationalism and racial slurs abound. So much for understanding and coming together.[/quote]

lixy, I have to disagree with this being trivial.

just so you know where I’m coming from, I have few issues with performance enhancement in sport and I have no idea why the age is restricted to 16 year olds, maybe there’s a reason, I don’t know.

If this is true, it’s the fact that a country is forging State documents to have an athlete compete. It’s not like the aspect of the government is overlooking doping by its athlete’s. This sort of conspiracy would need to involve multiple aspects of a government.

And that is defeating the purpose of the Olympics.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:
I could be wrong, but it doesn’t seem like anybody is bending over backwards to verify these ages (other than examining the allegedly falsified legal documents)…

There is absolutely no objective way to measure the age of a human being by physical evidence. These girls’ ages will come down to which documents one chooses to believe are correct. This issue is done.

That’s it. It’s time to implement new and drastic measures. I think we should throw them. 20 feet they don’t compete! It’s like if the glove don’t fit you must acquit. Plus, if you throw one for 30 you get a gold medal.

[/quote]

at first glance i thought you were cruel but then i remembered they could easily stick the landing.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
lixy wrote:
Fiction wrote:

Besides, all this discussion is defeating the purpose of the Olympics. Petty nationalism and racial slurs abound. So much for understanding and coming together.

lixy, I have to disagree with this being trivial.

just so you know where I’m coming from, I have few issues with performance enhancement in sport and I have no idea why the age is restricted to 16 year olds, maybe there’s a reason, I don’t know.

If this is true, it’s the fact that a country is forging State documents to have an athlete compete. It’s not like the aspect of the government is overlooking doping by its athlete’s. This sort of conspiracy would need to involve multiple aspects of a government.

And that is defeating the purpose of the Olympics.[/quote]

Fair enough.

But you see, there’s an “if” attached to it “defeating the purpose of the Olympics”. Whereas the hate apparent on this thread is just there. No conditions.

I suppose I’d rather criticize the Chinese government for its human rights abuse and censorship, rather than deciding someone is older than she might really be. Moreover, I do not consider this a case of “forging”. The ultimate authority that can decide upon this is the People’s Republic. And, without a shred of a doubt, the girls allegedly involved are more than happy to get an early driving license.

Silly restrictions defeat the purpose of the Olympics just the same. If anything, this will help the idiots in the Committee to see the error of their ways.

Age discrimination is stupid. But that’s probably just me…