Cheetin' Chinese

Damn, the Chinese gymnasts are already celebrating their victory.

[quote]pookie wrote:
pat wrote:
…when those chink bitches

What’s with the ethnic/sexist slurs?
[/quote]
For the sole purpose of being as completely politically incorrect as possible.

[quote]pat wrote:
pookie wrote:
pat wrote:

[/quote]

Racist asshole.

[quote]pat wrote:
pookie wrote:
pat wrote:

[/quote]

I wasn’t aware that calling Chinese girls “Chinese girls” was being politically correct.

The previous poster is right. Your “sole purpose” is not discernable from the text nor from the context and all you manage to do is come off as a racist/sexist retard.

Even if someone is angry that they cheated and maybe “stole” medals they didn’t deserve, those girls had no choice in that decision. Scorn and anger should be directed towards the authorities and various regulatory panels that allow such a thing to take place unchallenged.

[quote]Magnate wrote:
pookie wrote:
Don’t they also have a new gymnastics scoring system where a 10 isn’t the max? If you get a 10 and someone does better, he could get 10.5 or 11…?

I feel sorry for those athletes. So much hard work and dedication being demeaned by all the national posturing and political bullshit they get showered with.

As if having a world champion as a citizen was in any way, shape or form representative of the country as a whole.

Perfect score = 17 now I think. And things like the pommel horse are lower scoring events than the high bars for example. Instead of adjusting the scoring for the event so a near perfect pommel horse routine gets the same as a near perfect high bar routine, they make events matter less fucking over people who are better in certain areas than others.
[/quote]

You have a “start value” for a routine. It is sorta like a degree of difficulty in diving. You add to that the execution score, and you have your total. You don’t get extra points for being good, you just get less deductions.

I think one of the US girls start value was a 7.7 so, in theory, she could get a possible 17.7 for a perfect routine.

What I noticed most about the youungest looking Chinese gymnast the way she moves. It has nothing to do with the technical execution of her moves, but she just moves like a kid, I especially noticed when she was running. The American gymnasts (and others) move like women, with more grace. I’m not sure how to explain it, but watching her run across the mat was most telling for me.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Magnate wrote:
pookie wrote:
Don’t they also have a new gymnastics scoring system where a 10 isn’t the max? If you get a 10 and someone does better, he could get 10.5 or 11…?

I feel sorry for those athletes. So much hard work and dedication being demeaned by all the national posturing and political bullshit they get showered with.

As if having a world champion as a citizen was in any way, shape or form representative of the country as a whole.

Perfect score = 17 now I think. And things like the pommel horse are lower scoring events than the high bars for example. Instead of adjusting the scoring for the event so a near perfect pommel horse routine gets the same as a near perfect high bar routine, they make events matter less fucking over people who are better in certain areas than others.

You have a “start value” for a routine. It is sorta like a degree of difficulty in diving. You add to that the execution score, and you have your total. You don’t get extra points for being good, you just get less deductions.

I think one of the US girls start value was a 7.7 so, in theory, she could get a possible 17.7 for a perfect routine.

[/quote]

I did not realize that. I blame Tiki Barber and whoever that annoying bitch he broadcasts is with for telling me a 17 was a perfect score.

I wonder if the Chinese Minitrue (or whatever they call their equivalent of 1984’s Ministry of Truth) is sweating bullets over not being able to edit newspapers and records the world over.

There are quite a few traces of He Kexin and Jiang Yuyuan - two of the Chinese gymnasts - being 14 and 15. Their ages have previously appeared in print in many newspaper, and, more importantly, have been recorded by other countries during international competitions.

Kexin was apparently born on Jan 1st, 1994; making her 14 years old right now and Yuyuan on October 1st, 1993; making her 15.

[quote]Magnate wrote:
I did not realize that. I blame Tiki Barber and whoever that annoying bitch he broadcasts is with for telling me a 17 was a perfect score.[/quote]

For a routine with a start value of “7” - a perfect score would be a “17”. IF the start value were 6.2, a perfect routine would be 16.2.

It’s really sad that I know this. Almost as sad is the fact that I actually said “repechahge” out loud yesterday.

It only happens every 4 years, though.

On a more serious note: Tiki Barber couldn’t pour piss out of a boot.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

It’s really sad that I know this. Almost as sad is the fact that I actually said “repechahge” out loud yesterday.

[/quote]

The beauty supply company? Kind of worried that I know that, this seems an appropriate time for (no homo).

Edit: You probably meant ladder brackets.

I can never tell the age of Asian women just by looking at them. Don’t they age 1.5x faster than the average white person?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I can never tell the age of Asian women just by looking at them. Don’t they age 1.5x faster than the average white person?[/quote]

So these chinese girls are even younger than they look! lol, they must be 3 years old at most.

[quote]Magnate wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I can never tell the age of Asian women just by looking at them. Don’t they age 1.5x faster than the average white person?

So these chinese girls are even younger than they look! lol, they must be 3 years old at most.[/quote]

Looks are a really bad way to judge a persons age.

Magnate wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

So these chinese girls are even younger than they look! lol, they must be 3 years old at most.

Looks are a really bad way to judge a persons age.[/quote]

[quote]pookie wrote:
I wonder if the Chinese Minitrue (or whatever they call their equivalent of 1984’s Ministry of Truth) is sweating bullets over not being able to edit newspapers and records the world over.

There are quite a few traces of He Kexin and Jiang Yuyuan - two of the Chinese gymnasts - being 14 and 15. Their ages have previously appeared in print in many newspaper, and, more importantly, have been recorded by other countries during international competitions.

Kexin was apparently born on Jan 1st, 1994; making her 14 years old right now and Yuyuan on October 1st, 1993; making her 15.
[/quote]

I could be wrong, but it doesn’t seem like anybody is bending over backwards to verify these ages (other than examining the allegedly falsified legal documents)…

I mentioned in another thread that Bela Kharoly was outright stating it as nothing less than fact, while doing his commentary with Bob Costas… that their athletes are not of the age limit, and are therefore at an advantage.

If they do some research into these newspapers, will they take the printed as proof? Or will they simply conclude that the evidence of passports and such are rock solid and not dispute them, turning the other cheek…

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
I could be wrong, but it doesn’t seem like anybody is bending over backwards to verify these ages (other than examining the allegedly falsified legal documents)…
[/quote]

There is absolutely no objective way to measure the age of a human being by physical evidence. These girls’ ages will come down to which documents one chooses to believe are correct. This issue is done.

This is a most trivial matter.

The ultimate authority that can determine what age they are, is the Chinese government. And in case you’re not following the news, it can’t be bullied nor coerced. If they lied, then there’s absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. If they didn’t, it makes you lot a whiny bunch bitching about nothing more than a bloody piece of metal.

There’s no such thing as a level playing field in this type of events. People get away with what they can. Start by guaranteeing the same access to food, supps, medicine, etc.

And I’m not even going to touch the racial slur in this thread. Well, let me just say that it’s a shitload more wrong than forging a DOB.

Molotov_Coktease wrote:

There is absolutely no objective way to measure the age of a human being by physical evidence. These girls’ ages will come down to which documents one chooses to believe are correct. This issue is done. [/quote]

That’s it. It’s time to implement new and drastic measures. I think we should throw them. 20 feet they don’t compete! It’s like if the glove don’t fit you must acquit. Plus, if you throw one for 30 you get a gold medal.

[quote]pookie wrote:
pat wrote:
pookie wrote:
pat wrote:

I wasn’t aware that calling Chinese girls “Chinese girls” was being politically correct.

The previous poster is right. Your “sole purpose” is not discernable from the text nor from the context and all you manage to do is come off as a racist/sexist retard.

Even if someone is angry that they cheated and maybe “stole” medals they didn’t deserve, those girls had no choice in that decision. Scorn and anger should be directed towards the authorities and various regulatory panels that allow such a thing to take place unchallenged.

[/quote]

Perhaps, but I am suffering from an extreme version of not giving a fuck. ‘Chink bitches’ just kind of rolls off the tongue. It has a lyrical, sardonic quality to it, representing a sickly humor but expressing an even sadder abuse at the hands of their government and those sworn to protect them.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
I could be wrong, but it doesn’t seem like anybody is bending over backwards to verify these ages (other than examining the allegedly falsified legal documents)…[/quote]

Well, there’s the whole “let’s not piss of China while she’s hosting the games” political things and the fact that even if faced with tons of evidence from all over the world, the Chinese will simply maintain that mistakes were made and that their official papers are correct.

I think it’s good enough that the evidence is widely disseminated and that everyone know that China cheated. “Saving face” is of utmost importance in the Chinese culture, they’ll never admit to it.

So I think that while quite fuss could probably be made, no single country thinks it’s worth the effort nor aggravation.

Olympic medals are, in the grand scheme of things, completely unimportant.