T Nation

Cheetin' Chinese

Who the hell, other than lixy, thinks these bitches are actually anywhere near the age of 16? I know gymnasts look young typically, but there is a limit on how young. I would love them to get busted on this, but I don't see any way when the people with the greatest interests in them winning are also the issuers of the documentation. The parents will of course lie, 'cuase well they'd be executed if they didn't. Besides the fact that they have not seen their daughters since the age of 3.What balls...

[quote]pat wrote:
Who the hell, other than lixy, thinks these bitches are actually anywhere near the age of 16? [/quote]

Bitches, ey?

Classy.

I agree that there is no way they are 16, but why would a 10 year old have an advantage over a 16 year old in gymnastics? I would think the 16 year old would have more practice and experience.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I agree that there is no way they are 16, but why would a 10 year old have an advantage over a 16 year old in gymnastics? I would think the 16 year old would have more practice and experience.[/quote]

Light weight, better flexibility and greater fearlessness is what I read…

Or maybe the best gymnasts in the country just happened to be too young so they faked it.

Being smaller and lighter makes it easier to perform the more difficult movements.

As for their actual age, I say we cut them in half and count the rings.

Seriously, it’s only a matter of time until the other countries wise up and forge papers and birth certificates for their own champion gymnasts.

It’ll still be cheating, but if everyone cheats, then the playing field is level again.

Low, but level.

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
Who the hell, other than lixy, thinks these bitches are actually anywhere near the age of 16?

Bitches, ey?

Classy.[/quote]

Damn, what the hell? Have you suddenly turned PC? When did this happen?

Interesting video, especially the part with the forensic artist.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=207187&cl=9245880&ch=6527422&src=sports

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
Who the hell, other than lixy, thinks these bitches are actually anywhere near the age of 16?

Bitches, ey?

Classy.[/quote]

Pot, meet the kettle.

[quote]pat wrote:
Who the hell, other than lixy, thinks these bitches are actually anywhere near the age of 16? I know gymnasts look young typically, but there is a limit on how young. I would love them to get busted on this, but I don’t see any way when the people with the greatest interests in them winning are also the issuers of the documentation. The parents will of course lie, 'cuase well they’d be executed if they didn’t. Besides the fact that they have not seen their daughters since the age of 3.What balls…[/quote]

Forgot to mention the conveniently low scoring opposition and long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long time to return a score.

The french judges give it a 9.5!kind of moment here.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Being smaller and lighter makes it easier to perform the more difficult movements.

Seriously, it’s only a matter of time until the other countries wise up and forge papers and birth certificates for their own champion gymnasts.

It’ll still be cheating, but if everyone cheats, then the playing field is level again.

Low, but level.
[/quote]

Didn’t we do this back in the eighties, when beating the eastern athletes was the one goal of the olympic proxy war?

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
pookie wrote:

Low, but level.

Didn’t we do this back in the eighties, when beating the eastern athletes was the one goal of the olympic proxy war?

[/quote]

Everyone cheats. Some are just more blatant.

Don’t they also have a new gymnastics scoring system where a 10 isn’t the max? If you get a 10 and someone does better, he could get 10.5 or 11…?

I feel sorry for those athletes. So much hard work and dedication being demeaned by all the national posturing and political bullshit they get showered with.

As if having a world champion as a citizen was in any way, shape or form representative of the country as a whole.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Don’t they also have a new gymnastics scoring system where a 10 isn’t the max? If you get a 10 and someone does better, he could get 10.5 or 11…?

I feel sorry for those athletes. So much hard work and dedication being demeaned by all the national posturing and political bullshit they get showered with.

As if having a world champion as a citizen was in any way, shape or form representative of the country as a whole.
[/quote]

Agreed. The athletes are each surrounded by scientists and coaches, all crazy to get a medal. That and a dollar gets a pack of gum…

Lotta kids could be fed, clothed and educated for all the money poured into this. 200 million for an ugly stadium…guess it’ll give the beggars a new place to hang out in front.

I personally don’t care.

My fast pitch batting title (465 Batting Ave.) was on the way to being revoked when the guy in second found out I was 17 playing in an 18 and over league. They gave the title to me anyway, telling telling the petitioner that he got beat by a kid and should just deal with it! The fact that he had a problem was laughable. That how we handle small town politics…thru embarassment!

If the girls are underage, so what.

The best part is China may just be the first nation to have a gymnastics team competing where most athletes are 24 years old in eight years…mind you they will look about 20.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I agree that there is no way they are 16, but why would a 10 year old have an advantage over a 16 year old in gymnastics? I would think the 16 year old would have more practice and experience.[/quote]

Just as a point of reference, Nadia Comaneci’s famous performance was at the age of 14 in the '76 Olympics.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
I personally don’t care.

My fast softball pitch batting title (465 Batting Ave.) was on the way to being revoked when the gal in second found out I was 17 playing in an 18 and over league. They gave the title to me anyway, telling telling the petitioner that she got beat by a kid and should just deal with it! The fact that she had a problem was laughable. That how we handle small town politics…thru embarassment!

If the girls are underage, so what.[/quote]

What a bitch.

[quote]pookie wrote:

[/quote]

Yes, it is sad for the athletes involved. People here they think they train hard, but they are fat, lazy lard-asses compared to these gymnasts. The training and competitions are so unbelievably grueling and to have your score be so arbitrary and subjective to politics and people with an agenda. Years from now when those chink bitches sprout tits and pubic hair they’ll look at their gold medals and know they did not deserve because of the way they got them.
Now I will grant that the Chinese were better. They made fewer mistakes, but when you weigh very little and half of your bone mass is still cartilage is it really fair to say they won…Would the chinese have won if they put athletes of the correct age up there? That’s the question.
Also, the Americans won’t say it, but they knew from the get go that they were at a disadvantage. Would they have done better if they thought the playing field was more fair?

[quote]pookie wrote:

[/quote]

Perfect score = 17 now I think. And things like the pommel horse are lower scoring events than the high bars for example. Instead of adjusting the scoring for the event so a near perfect pommel horse routine gets the same as a near perfect high bar routine, they make events matter less fucking over people who are better in certain areas than others.

[quote]pat wrote:
…when those chink bitches[/quote]

What’s with the ethnic/sexist slurs?

If cheating was involved, then it’s rather clear that fairness went out the window pretty quick. Cheating and fairness are very, very hard to reconcile. :slight_smile:

Maybe in 2012 Japan can field some robot with a faked birth certificate and win every medal. I mean, there has to be a reason they keep making robots that look like young females, right?

We’ll never know.

If you see your competition and they’re all 30 pounds lighter than you are, it probably has a “psyching out” effect.