Car Love Thread

Just went outside and took picture of my car.

BMW 528I 2011

Nice car smooth ride, I spend a lot of time in it

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:
Just bought this from a guy I do business with. He put a WARN winch on the front.

Manliest Mancar of Mankind.[/quote]

Looks like an adaptation of an army vehicle.

What is it?

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:
I will play. Mine.

[/quote]

Soooo…how many speeding tickets have you got so far?

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

Just bought this from a guy I do business with. He put a WARN winch on the front.

Manliest Mancar of Mankind.[/quote]

Looks like an adaptation of an army vehicle.

What is it?
[/quote]

Land Rover Defender 90 Mine is mil-spec.

Land Rover Defender 90 Mine is mil-spec.[/quote]

Your car looks better.
I did not know a military specification existed.

Great buy.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:
I will play. Mine.

[/quote]

[/quote]

None yet, knock on wood! With my mods it’s running about 550hp in “M” mode. I’ve driven a few faster cars, but not many, not by much, and they weren’t as fun to drive as the M5. The best part of this car in the V10 rumble, that noise is hard to beat.

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:
I will play. Mine.

[/quote]

[/quote]

None yet, knock on wood! With my mods it’s running about 550hp in “M” mode. I’ve driven a few faster cars, but not many, not by much, and they weren’t as fun to drive as the M5. The best part of this car in the V10 rumble, that noise is hard to beat. [/quote]

That is great to know!

The police probably would not be able to keep up with you anyway so might as well admire you flying by.
I know I would, ha!

Just curious and if you do not object:

How much is the maintenance of such powerhouse? ( including tires )

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:
I will play. Mine.

[/quote]

[/quote]

None yet, knock on wood! With my mods it’s running about 550hp in “M” mode. I’ve driven a few faster cars, but not many, not by much, and they weren’t as fun to drive as the M5. The best part of this car in the V10 rumble, that noise is hard to beat. [/quote]

That is great to know!

The police probably would not be able to keep up with you anyway so might as well admire you flying by.
I know I would, ha!

Just curious and if you do not object:

How much is the maintenance of such powerhouse? ( including tires )
[/quote]

No problem. “Maintenance” is not bad per see on oil changes ect $250-$300 every 10k and mine is a garage queen so I only drive it when I feel the need for speed. Replacing parts and tuning is a different story, because it’s really a race car with race car parts shrouded in a BMW sedan. Pretty much everything cost $3000 - front brakes $3k rear brakes $3k, tune up $3k, you get my point. Tires are about $200-300 each for the fronts (265) and the rears are about 300-400 (285) just depending on brand and all that. All that said, I never owed a BMW before this and the M5 is just flat out remarkable and nasty fast and growls like a Nascar. I wouldn;t recommend it as a daily driver as it’s VERY aggressive even when not in M mode, but zero buyers remorse on this one. I smile every time I drive it.

My baby~

'84 CJ7 on 36" Iroks.
9" rear, 44 front - Chevy 350 - 300hp beast.

[quote]Edgy wrote:
My baby~

'84 CJ7 on 36" Iroks.
9" rear, 44 front - Chevy 350 - 300hp beast.[/quote]
So you finally finished rebuilding the engine?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
My baby~

'84 CJ7 on 36" Iroks.
So you finally finished rebuilding the engine?[/quote]

rebuilding was the easy part, wiring that som-bitch was the hold up!

we got 'er tho - she’s on the street and sounding mean~

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:

No problem. “Maintenance” is not bad per see on oil changes ect $250-$300 every 10k and mine is a garage queen so I only drive it when I feel the need for speed. Replacing parts and tuning is a different story, because it’s really a race car with race car parts shrouded in a BMW sedan. Pretty much everything cost $3000 - front brakes $3k rear brakes $3k, tune up $3k, you get my point. Tires are about $200-300 each for the fronts (265) and the rears are about 300-400 (285) just depending on brand and all that. All that said, I never owed a BMW before this and the M5 is just flat out remarkable and nasty fast and growls like a Nascar. I wouldn;t recommend it as a daily driver as it’s VERY aggressive even when not in M mode, but zero buyers remorse on this one. I smile every time I drive it.
[/quote]

Thank you for that.

I was wondering if it was worth it and from all you wrote it is: seems like it takes driving to another level ( that step closer to racing cars ).

It was my husband who introduced me to the M5 as the one he would buy if choosing to spend money on a car.
I will share your review with him.

Truly a special purchase.

This video illustrates what you said very well: I am sold on this car!

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:

[/quote]

Thank you for that.

I was wondering if it was worth it and from all you wrote it is: seems like it takes driving to another level ( that step closer to racing cars ).

It was my husband who introduced me to the M5 as the one he would buy if choosing to spend money on a car.
I will share your review with him.

Truly a special purchase.

This video illustrates what you said very well: I am sold on this car!

[/quote]

Thanks, that video was fantastic! I had never seen it before. “The last great “hurrah” to naturally aspirated power!” So true! That video really sums up the V10 M5.

Another pic of mine…it has the red leather and carbon fiber interior.

^I always wanted a BMW. That is sick.

Hip Scar your M5 is stunning!

Love the color and the wheels: my favorite style of alloys.

Well worth it in both style and substance!

Interior, never liked red, except on this car.

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:
Interior, never liked red, except on this car.[/quote]

I would have not thought red but you are right, it does work.

And look! No cup holders…how does that happen? :slight_smile:
( I hate cup holders - they uglify the car )

Is it sequential shift or manual?

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:
Interior, never liked red, except on this car.[/quote]

I would have not thought red but you are right, it does work.

And look! No cup holders…how does that happen? :slight_smile:
( I hate cup holders - they uglify the car )

Is it sequential shift or manual?
[/quote]

Yeah the cupholder that is hiidden I’m the dash is a complete engineering afterthought, and the way I corner I’m that car I got no business with liquids in the cockpit.

it is a sequential manual gear box, very satisfying once you get used to it!!

[quote]Edgy wrote:
My baby~

'84 CJ7 on 36" Iroks.

ew, it is all dirty and shit man.

Take a hose to that thing

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:

Yeah the cupholder that is hiidden I’m the dash is a complete engineering afterthought, and the way I corner I’m that car I got no business with liquids in the cockpit.

it is a sequential manual gear box, very satisfying once you get used to it!! [/quote]

I also only love manual cars: it would not be as much fun if it weren’t, in my opinion.

When you talk about it like that ( “the cockpit” ), it really let’s us know it is more than a just a car.

Congrats!