Car Love Thread

Okay guys and gals, I don’t think we’ve had a car thread for a long time, not since jjackkrash posted photos of Ct. Rockula’s coffinmobile. That thread went sideways pretty fast.

So, post photos, descriptions, praise or condemnation of your sweet, sweet ride. Make us jealous; make us laugh or cry. Tell us about losing your virginity in the back of a Ford Fairlane wagon.

I was inspired reading this story earlier today:

This man Owned & Drove the same car for 82 YEARS. Can you imagine even having the same car for 82 years!?

“How Long Have You Owned a Car?”

Mr. Allen Swift (Springfield, MA.) received this 1928 Rolls-Royce Piccadilly-P1 Roadster from his father, brand new - as a graduation gift in 1928.

He drove it up until his death in 2010…at the age of 102 !!! He was the oldest living owner of a car that was purchased new. It was donated to a Springfield museum after his death.

It has 1,070,000 miles on it, still runs like a Swiss watch, dead silent at any speed and is in perfect cosmetic condition. 1,070,000 miles - not kilometers!! That’s Best British engineering of a bygone era. I don’t think they make them like that any more.

Alright, Ill start. This is my current car, a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 - really fun to drive, but not very economical. And its way too easy to get up to 160 or 170 km per hour, without really trying.

Surprisingly, Ive never had a speeding ticket in it, but it seems to be a crash magnet. Ive been hit on both left and right front corners by lane changers who just moved over, without looking or signaling. Fortunately, in both instances, reasonable traffic cops were reasonable and assigned blame to the other driver.

Obnoxiously loud V8, fucking love her. Worth every cent spent in fuel

My baby. 2000 Silverado 1500. I love my truck… don’t think I could ever own another car.

Aaaand apparently I suck at imbedding images in this forum…

My pride and joy, 1993 500E black over black, 1 of only 3 brought to the states that year. Nearly as fast as a Testarossa, the very definition of a Q ship. I parked it in it’s usual spot at a nearby parking garage when I went to work, came out and someone had taken a crowbar to every body panel. Fuckers.

I’ve given up on buying nice cars and keeping them in an urban environment. Another car I owned was a 92 GLi that I rebuilt myself and tracked. That was stolen off the street.

• Car pictured is not mine, but is nearly identical in every way.

[quote]02Thief wrote:
Obnoxiously loud V8, fucking love her. Worth every cent spent in fuel[/quote]

god bless, those look so much better than our GTO’s (same car tho)

Hopefully this video works. Ignore the slip up in the staging lane haha

dont have any of my turd saved on my computer, however fast Audi’s are pretty cool

kinda looks like this, minus the wheels

Best M3 ever

GT

F40

If they only imported these to the states… 450hp (stock) 178mph and your dog can come too.

man cave

turbos

F40 and F1

if i were to build a muscle car, it would be this.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
If they only imported these to the states… 450hp (stock) 178mph and your dog can come too. [/quote]

Is that an RS6? I had a jacked up Stage 3 s4 that I really miss, complete with smoking custom stereo and sophisticated in-dash radar detector with laser countermeasures. I put 180,00 hard miles on that car before I decided I needed a truck.

I’m looking at v-8 s4 convertibles right now, and I’ve also seen a few built Avants I really like.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
If they only imported these to the states… 450hp (stock) 178mph and your dog can come too. [/quote]

Is that an RS6? I had a jacked up Stage 3 s4 that I really miss, complete with smoking custom stereo and sophisticated in-dash radar detector with laser countermeasures. I put 180,00 hard miles on that car before I decided I needed a truck.

I’m looking at v-8 s4 convertibles right now, and I’ve also seen a few built Avants I really like.
[/quote]

RS4, which came standard with the K04 turbos(stage 3).