Bulking With Ramen Noodles?

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
ChrisKing wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
ChrisKing wrote:
zarathus wrote:
the ramen isn’t good for post workout either…the saturated fats will block carb absorbtion.

This statement is pure nonsense. There is absolutely no truth to it.

It is a stupid statement sort of coming out of left field. But it’s not pure nonsense. You do want to minimize fat as much as possible post-workout.

Actually, the most recent research on the topic shows that fats may not hinder post-workout nutrition as previously believed.

Interesting. Any links? Not calling you out. Just curious

I don’t have access to anything at the moment, but I believe Lonnie Lowery, or one of the other contributors here, mentioned one of the studies.
[/quote]

Huh. Thanks

I once put on 30 solid lbs over the course of about 6 months eating a bunch of stuff that included Ramen. That other stuff was probably where my success was, but I know that I used to mix up a can of sardines into each bowl. In fact, I think I was just eating the Ramen as a cheap way to drown out the ass taste of the sardines. I know that it really didn’t matter what I ate, I just really really had to EAT, so I at least made a half-assed attempt to make it worthwhile.

Mike

You could buy a 5 pound bag of flour for less money. You would get more calories and a bout the same nutrients which would be 0

Ramen is shit. Bleached rice is shit. Flour is shit. Anything white is pretty much shit (funny I live in Korea and they like everything white except me!).

Stick to organic rice if you want, but limit its use. Eat more greens like spinnach and broccoli instead. For getting your bulking calories, take lots of fish oil and eat mixed un-salted nuts. Berardi’s written on how you should go about increasing your caloric intake in Massive Eating 2 I believe.

In my book, health is always more important than money. I.e. I’d rather be shit poor and feeling great than a little wealthier and sick / fat / lacking energy all the time. Oh, did I mention I plan on living to 120… wish me luck… I believe it can be done… only 98 more years to go before I can consider that eternal slumber :slight_smile:

[quote]grew7 wrote:
Seriously, though. Good idea?[/quote]

You can include them no problem. I’ve had them daily before when I was cutting. I would think you’d want a varied diet though for health reasons. But yes, you can have ramen noodles if you want.