Bulking in College, Impossible?

i mightve missed this but where do you go to school jj?

Yeah, so everyone else can avoid it. What a shitty meal plan.

[quote]Billmelater138 wrote:
i mightve missed this but where do you go to school jj?[/quote]

I dont see what is so shitty about it. The school charges him a LARGE convenience fee for keeping the food on campus. I mean, Sodomy is only illegal in a few of the states last time i checked. $4 for a chicken break definitely falls under sodomy.

[quote]Billmelater138 wrote:
i mightve missed this but where do you go to school jj?[/quote]

Quinnipiac university. good school, shitty meal plan.

I will let you in on something my brother(in college) has recently discovered. He is trying to bulk, goes to class and works fulltime and is on a budget. He stocks up on the cheap boxes of mac and cheese- somethin like .30 each. He makes it according to the box but omits the butter, and uses skim milk. 1 entire box comes to around 700 calories, 100+ carbs, 2-4 grams of fat, and 30+ grams of protein. Ideal post workout meal and also very filling. When he doesn’t have access to a stove top he simply brings water to a boil in the microwave and prepares it from there. I recently tried this and was very suprised with how good it tasted even without the butter.

Just an idea you might give a try
Good luck

DEzz

Bulking in college is not impossible. I’ve bulked up from 145 to 165 since april. Eat more food and dont eat as clean. Not impossible.

cc,

couldnt get my pm to work–so ill just post this here.

at first i did blend them but it got to be to time consuming for me. im not into fancy blueberry cheese cake type shakes–for me its just fuel–and when i was eating 5000kcal/day it gets real old, real fast, spending all day preparing food–thats why i came up with the JUG.

whole oats are probably better than quick oats(not flavored or sugared, just chopped up whole oats)but the quick oats are still a great carb source imho.

so… i got a funnel that would fit into the top of the JUG and just dumped in the desired amount of quick oats and other ingredients.

i also used some gatorade powder and found it really helped with hydration come workout time.

i did find that adding light olive oil was a great easy way to increase good fats and total calories–HOWEVER, it noticeably slows digestion–so much so in fact that i had to take it out of all but my last shake of the day.

i also had to drink water CONSTANTLY between meals (jugs) or i would still be burping up the last one :wink:

a quick trick with the JUGS is to just shake them up a few times before each swig–this gets the oats floating in the water/protein powder/oil/etc mix.

you can also use less water and the entire shake will be much more homogenous but i dont like it thick. i like to take a few swigs and be done with it.

train hard,
ryan b.

Thanks for the answer, man. Like I said in the PM, I’ve done a variation of this (“this” being shakes with oats, oils, protein powders, etc.) for years while bulking. I was just interested to see how someone else might do it differently. I always look for new ways to change up what I’m doing.