Broken

i’m at work and the bottom of my dress fell into the unflushed toilet

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
This thread is not about dick waving, or one upmanship. Everyone’s got their own problems and their own fears—some might seem superficial to you but profound to others. So no fucking judgment.

So help me I will fucking murder anyone who does that. Literally. Like I’ll find the city you live in and show up at your door. I don’t give a fuck.

[/quote]

I have a better than average one (dick waving) and I can do anything you can do but better (one upmanship). I have no problems that I would dare air in a public forum on the internet and think anyone that does is a fucking estrogenic loon (judgment). Most “problems” aired here are utterly trivial and as superficial as Paris Hilton. Any problem deeper than that posted here has been a monumental lapse in judgment, dignity and privacy.

I live in S. Jersey. When shall I expect you?
[/quote]

Can I visit as well??[/quote]

Anyone is welcome.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]tootles27 wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
This thread is not about dick waving, or one upmanship. Everyone’s got their own problems and their own fears—some might seem superficial to you but profound to others. So no fucking judgment.

So help me I will fucking murder anyone who does that. Literally. Like I’ll find the city you live in and show up at your door. I don’t give a fuck.

[/quote]

I have a better than average one (dick waving) and I can do anything you can do but better (one upmanship). I have no problems that I would dare air in a public forum on the internet and think anyone that does is a fucking estrogenic loon (judgment). Most “problems” aired here are utterly trivial and as superficial as Paris Hilton. Any problem deeper than that posted here has been a monumental lapse in judgment, dignity and privacy.

[/quote]

Superficial to you maybe.[/quote]

Hmmm, loss, death, sickness, miscarriages? Yeah, that’s superficial…

I always find it interesting that people feel the need to post in threads they consider dumb. This is off topic, we can say and do anything here. Don’t like it, don’t fucking read it. It’s not hard.[/quote]

Pat, it seems that while you’re not butchering theoretical physics, you are equally inept at reading comprehension. My reply says, in part, “Any problem deeper than that (trivial or superficial for the reading impaired) posted here has been a monumental lapse in judgment, dignity and privacy”.

Sooo, if your post is not trivial or superficial, it does not belong on a public forum - in my opinion. I’m sorry for not “getting” the need to share your problems with 100,000 strangers.

Aragon - I have always thought people come into our lives when we need them and leave when its time. Still hurts, but makes it easier. Take care of yourself.

Big Boss - sorry for your loss. Sometime people forget that an early miscarriage is not uncommon does not make it common for those suffering through it. Care for your wife as she is experiencing this different than you. Take care of yourself as well.

DJHT - as a sibling of a child that just had to be turned loose by the parents based in large part by my input, I still feel the responsibility of my decision but have not wavered that it is the right one. I hope everything turns out alright for your son.

OG - I hope your healing continues. Take your time settling with the insurance company - try to wait until your medical bills have all come in if possible.

PMPM - your pain has come through in your posts in the past. I hope you find a way to move through it all with eventual positive outcomes.

I haven’t been able to train for a month. I haven’t seen the inside of a gym since 3/27th. I got a major infection in my body due to a chiped bone in my elbow. Lost 10 lbs of hard gained mass. Had to have two surgeries and I’m just now starting to regain flexibility in the joint. I’ve just started light conditioning work this week. Can’t wait to start lifting heavy weight again. I miss you baby!!!

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

I was in a car accident on April 1st. My car was hit on the front passenger side by a big truck trying to do a left hand turn. I was going 50mph. I am recovering, and thankfully the other driver (18yr old girl on a cell phone) was not hurt. I have an ac separation of the right shoulder, a pinched nerve, bruised ribs, both knees keep swelling and having to have the fluid drawn off and the permanent damage.

I have some burn marks on my chin down to the middle of my neck from the air bag and a burn mark on the side of my nose. My right breast suffered traumatic tissue damage and looks like a shrunken squeezed dinner roll. I have a hard time squeezing my right hand and I seem to have short term memory loss and a hard time getting the right word sometime. I have been told that luckily everything will be fixed or healed in time. I just get really bummed about it though sometimes.

Work has been great and everything should be covered so that is all good. It was not good when I didn’t have the strength to help my mom when she was running out of breath and all I could do was go and get her oxygen. Things just take time and I am better now then I was last week.[/quote]

Well that sucks. Try to stay positive and comfortable and hope you heal up quickly.

DB

So, let me wrap my mind around this. OP loses girlfriend, and types this post in a drunken state and now we have created a support group for sad stories? SMH[/quote]

C’mon BG, I know you have a sad story to tell. I can see it in your avatar.

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

So, let me wrap my mind around this. OP loses girlfriend, and types this post in a drunken state and now we have created a support group for sad stories? SMH[/quote]

DB[/quote]

Yeah, his life story.

I was going to post something about how I’m still in love with my ex, and how the “best way to get over someone is to get under someone else” hasn’t worked (3 times over, at that), and how she basically ruined all future relationships I have with other women… but that just seems trivial after reading everyone else’ problems.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]tootles27 wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Superficial to you maybe.[/quote]

Hmmm, loss, death, sickness, miscarriages? Yeah, that’s superficial…

I always find it interesting that people feel the need to post in threads they consider dumb. This is off topic, we can say and do anything here. Don’t like it, don’t fucking read it. It’s not hard.[/quote]

Pat, it seems that while you’re not butchering theoretical physics, you are equally inept at reading comprehension. My reply says, in part, “Any problem deeper than that (trivial or superficial for the reading impaired) posted here has been a monumental lapse in judgment, dignity and privacy”.

Sooo, if your post is not trivial or superficial, it does not belong on a public forum - in my opinion. I’m sorry for not “getting” the need to share your problems with 100,000 strangers. [/quote]

Now that you’ve shared your trivial and superficial opinion…can you please S.T.F.U. to show that you value your own “keen” judgment and dignity.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Sorry for your pain brotha, aside from that I got nothing. I know she seems like the one and only, just keep thinking “six billion people”. The right ones out there.[/quote]

I was listening to an Episode of This American Life Podcast titled “Somewhere out there,” and they mathematically proved that there are not THAT many people out there for each person. Lets take a trip down reality lane for a moment.

First of all,alot of those 6 billion people are probably guys. Then you have to factor in age. There are probably alot of elderly people and children(Which unfortunately doesn’t bother some people on this site) Next there is the whole “long distance thing” You can’t be everywhere at once and everyone is always on the move.

And then there is that slight chance that those beautiful women who are in your region and are in your age group (present family excluded,past family excluded) are in relationships with other guys. Imagine that: good looking girls are in relationships. Then they have to be interested in you. Plus you have to be attracted to them. Let’s say that you are attracted to 1 out of every five women. Well that really narrows you choices don’t you think? Thats 2/10 which is an F where I go to school. F for fail.

[quote]Stength4life wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Sorry for your pain brotha, aside from that I got nothing. I know she seems like the one and only, just keep thinking “six billion people”. The right ones out there.[/quote]

I was listening to an Episode of This American Life Podcast titled “Somewhere out there,” and they mathematically proved that there are not THAT many people out there for each person. Lets take a trip down reality lane for a moment.

First of all,alot of those 6 billion people are probably guys. Then you have to factor in age. There are probably alot of elderly people and children(Which unfortunately doesn’t bother some people on this site) Next there is the whole “long distance thing” You can’t be everywhere at once and everyone is always on the move.

And then there is that slight chance that those beautiful women who are in your region and are in your age group (present family excluded,past family excluded) are in relationships with other guys. Imagine that: good looking girls are in relationships. Then they have to be interested in you. Plus you have to be attracted to them. Let’s say that you are attracted to 1 out of every five women. Well that really narrows you choices don’t you think? Thats 2/10 which is an F where I go to school. F for fail.[/quote]

ohhhh k. now this is my sad thing.

I was in a car accident on April 1st. My car was hit on the front passenger side by a big truck trying to do a left hand turn. I was going 50mph. I am recovering, and THANKFULLY the other driver (18yr old girl on a cell phone) was not hurt. I have an ac separation of the right shoulder, a pinched nerve, bruised ribs, both knees keep swelling and having to have the fluid drawn off and the permanent damage.

I have some burn marks on my chin down to the middle of my neck from the air bag and a burn mark on the side of my nose. My right breast suffered traumatic tissue damage and looks like a shrunken squeezed dinner roll. I have a hard time squeezing my right hand and I seem to have short term memory loss and a hard time getting the right word sometime. I have been told that luckily everything will be fixed or healed in time. I just get really bummed about it though sometimes.

Work has been great and everything should be covered so that is all good. It was not good when I didn’t have the strength to help my mom when she was running out of breath and all I could do was go and get her oxygen. Things just take time and I am better now then I was last week.[/quote]

Well, I think I may have chosen a different word than the one I placed in all caps, but props for having a good heart. If some snot-nosed 18 year-old hospitalized me because he/she was texting, I don’t think he/she would have left that wreck unscathed, even if I was hurt pretty bad. Hell, I unleashed a verbal tirade the likes of which had never come out of my mouth when a 60+ year-old woman ran a red light and caused us to wreck. So it bears repeating, you did the right thing in forgiving that person…I wish I had that level of maturity.

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

And then there is that slight chance that those beautiful women who are in your region and are in your age group (present family excluded,past family excluded) are in relationships with other guys. Imagine that: good looking girls are in relationships. Then they have to be interested in you. Plus you have to be attracted to them. Let’s say that you are attracted to 1 out of every five women. Well that really narrows you choices don’t you think? Thats 2/10 which is an F where I go to school. F for fail.[/quote]

ohhhh k. now this is my sad thing.[/quote]

Don’t worry, the math only works with men. Women have an exponentially higher number of choices.

DB

Aragon - I have been there and it sucks. Time does not heal all wounds but it heals most.

Big Boss â?? I hope you and Mrs. BB (or does she go by just â??The Bossâ???) heal up emotionally and think about DollarBillâ??s words.

DJHT â?? Here is one more vote on you doing the right thing. I knew several kids like yours and tough-love ended up being the best medicine. Best of all it worked out.

OG â?? Three weeks ago huh? Well, I hope you are starting to heal up. It sounds like it must have been a pretty hard collision.

PMPM - I used to share the same fears. When my little girl came along those fears were alleviated. Itâ??s ok to be scared.

DB- Three, one before each child. I canâ??t even imagine.
I always enjoy reading your posts.

Loudog â?? Good luck getting back to it.

AC â?? That sucks! A seven hour commute is unreal.

I know none of you yet through the T-Nation forums I feel like I know most of you and it really pains me to see people hurt/sad/troubled. I wish I had some wise sage advice for each of you (but I don’t). I apologize for not having anything else to offer.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

I was in a car accident on April 1st. My car was hit on the front passenger side by a big truck trying to do a left hand turn. I was going 50mph. I am recovering, and THANKFULLY the other driver (18yr old girl on a cell phone) was not hurt. I have an ac separation of the right shoulder, a pinched nerve, bruised ribs, both knees keep swelling and having to have the fluid drawn off and the permanent damage.

Well, I think I may have chosen a different word than the one I placed in all caps, but props for having a good heart. If some snot-nosed 18 year-old hospitalized me because he/she was texting, I don’t think he/she would have left that wreck unscathed, even if I was hurt pretty bad. Hell, I unleashed a verbal tirade the likes of which had never come out of my mouth when a 60+ year-old woman ran a red light and caused us to wreck. So it bears repeating, you did the right thing in forgiving that person…I wish I had that level of maturity.
[/quote]

It was an accident and she was crying so much I didn’t have the heart to say anything to her. I was very lucky because in the car behind me was a navy corpsman who stayed with me until the ambulance got there. I had three cars pull over and two golfers who came over to give me their names and numbers as witnesses. I haven’t had to really deal with anything except replacing my totaled car. I now have a new car, work is letting me leave when I need to, and the boob is a bummer, that can be fixed and everything else will heal in time.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

Ok, well, chances are that those relationships with those aformentioned women will end at some point, so that scenario will be always be in a state of flux. Everyone has just as many chances as everyone else to find a mate. A 1 in 5 chance isn’t bad when it comes to finding someone that you want to be with long term. Fail? Hardly.

Aragorn: Was this break up unexpected, or was there ongoing issues and she decided to end it?

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

ohhhh k. now this is my sad thing.[/quote]

Don’t worry LL, I’m only like 560 miles away from you. We can make this work…

PS- This thread is sad…

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

DB[/quote]

Yeah, his life story.

[/quote]

Because you have accomplished so much right? You can’t even accomplish good back development. And less than 5 years ago you were a skinny teenager prancing around here in your underwear and now you know everything, as if you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. LOL

Broke but not broken:

My wife was sexually abused by her boss/pastor. The pain with dealing with that alone is indescribable. 5 young girls & ladies later he gets busted. (Now serving 15 years) He threatened he would kill my wife if she told anyone, especially me. She believed him. Grand Jury convicts her on two counts of perjury. Doesn’t matter that she lied out of fear. Court system following the letter of the law. WTF?

I have to pay for her defense along with defending ourselves from 10 civil suits because we were both on the board of directors and WERE doing well financially at the time. I had invested heavily in housing just before the bubble burst. (Great f-ing timing btw. More on that later.) She is no longer working and can’t even if she wanted to due to background checks. Psychologically she still isn’t back.

Exhaust all financial resources, no more retirement accounts, college funds, or savings. Have to short sell my own house and lose two cars. Rent a small house 1/5 of what we were accustomed to. Housing industry burst: Lines of credit are maxed and banks are coming after me. I now owe close to 2 mil but don’t run from it. I feel BK is not on option and start working any and all odd jobs I can find in addition to my full-time gig. Start working deals from the smallest amount to the largest and pay to settle on many accounts as low as .10 on the dollar.

My 5 houses foreclose and now I only owe 300K but run out of juice and now the banks are after me in earnest but I can’t afford lawyers anymore. Credit is jacked. BK dang it! Sure, life dealt me a shitty hand. So what do I do? Cry and fold? Fuck that. I’m going down swinging. I got three awesome kids that are depending on me and to quote Em “success is my only mother-fucking option failure’s not.” I’m standing my ground and fighting every fucking day for every fucking inch I can get back. Yeah, I may have some anger issues that need some attention. Mainly I focus on and take it out on the weights. Went from 170 lbs two years ago to 202 today.

Weights and hunting help me to cope and keep my head right. Yeah, I’m a hunter but not a killer. But if I found that douche when I was looking for him that one night, I wouldn’t have been called a hunter. I give all credit to God for; keeping me sane, keeping me from finding that knucklehead, giving me the strength to stick and not run, giving me three beautiful kids that I would do anything for and a beautiful wife, though broken, that is progressing daily toward her healing.

For those that are interested, my strength comes from Phil 4:13.
I have known pain. Pain hurts and my pain may not be like any of yours and my intent is not to belittle anyone else’s heart break. My intent is to show that there is still hope and it is my hope that in some way through sharing my pain, someone out there will gain strength.
Stay strong.

DM

^^^^Winner of Saddest story so far.