T Nation

Broken

This thread is for anyone and everyone who feels like they’ve had their hearts ripped out by the roots. Also, this thread is for anyone pissed at the world or any part of it.

Post your stories and/or rants. Anything you need to get off your chest. Not like personal pet peeves, but like shit you’re really concerned or hurt about. After all this is the internet and nobody really knows who you are.

Rules: This thread is NOT about picking fights with other members, OR for telling other members how trivial, unimportant, or irrelevant their concerns or problems are.

This thread is not about dick waving, or one upmanship. Everyone’s got their own problems and their own fears—some might seem superficial to you but profound to others. So no fucking judgment.

So help me I will fucking murder anyone who does that. Literally. Like I’ll find the city you live in and show up at your door. I don’t give a fuck.

:slight_smile:

It doesn’t even have to make sense.

Ok, my turn. I might as well lead by example.

So the girl I thought was custom made for me by God himself broke up with me today. We had a long, honest conversation. It was horrible. I loved the honesty part. I hated everything else. I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself.

I’ve been around the block enough to know precisely how rare my girl was. And exactly how long she’s going to take to get over. She was literally one in a billion. So…what do I do? I’m drunk right now. And I don’t care. Currently I’m too numb to know what’s going on. However, I imagine as soon as I am aware enough to move, I will drive home and crash.

I don’t know what will happen after that. Most likely I will go crazy.

Awesomely, my dad has kidney stones too big to pass and my uncle had a big ass stroke in the last week.

Ok, your turn.

Allow me to set the mood for this thread.

Really, don’t care if it’s minor to others or not. Whatever is killing you at the moment, but lets keep bb’ing or PL’ing goals out of it.

John, I know that’s a joke, but hopefully you’ve got something else to contribute??

It is nice out tomorrow and I have 6 hours of class and a workout I have to do meaning I will get to enjoy none of it.

I am broken.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

So the girl I thought was custom made for me by God himself broke up with me today. We had a long, honest conversation. It was horrible. I loved the honesty part. I hated everything else. I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself.

I’ve been around the block enough to know precisely how rare my girl was. And exactly how long she’s going to take to get over. She was literally one in a billion. So…what do I do? I’m drunk right now. And I don’t care. Currently I’m too numb to know what’s going on. However, I imagine as soon as I am aware enough to move, I will drive home and crash.

Awesomely, my dad has kidney stones too big to pass and my uncle had a big ass stroke in the last week.

Ok, your turn.[/quote]

Don’t think I can compare at the moment.

D:

I can’t understand how someone who is such a power (happy) -metal fan like you could ever be pissed at the world or feel sad in any way.

All jokes aside, why don’t you tell us your story so we can cheer you up again?

Edit: Okay, the thread was empty when I clicked “submit”. Damnit. This was in response to Aragorn’s OP…

cool John S.

Well the idea for this thread was for people to rant or let go of whatever they felt was seriously hitting them at the moment in the comfortable anonymity of the internet.

I suppose I should have made this in T-Cell Alpha where I’d be guaranteed quality responses. Serves me right :wink:

For the record, I wasn’t looking for a “pity party” or anything of the sort. Just people having a hard time.

I HATE PEOPLE!

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

Ok, your turn.[/quote]

Well, I’m not broken at the moment and haven’t been in a long time… But I am quite familiar with your situation, except that there were no kidney stones involved.
No idea how to make recovery easier, unfortunately… Just don’t rush headlong into the next relationship just because some new girl listens to you cry about your troubles. That seems to be a recipe for disaster later on…

Sorry for your pain brotha, aside from that I got nothing. I know she seems like the one and only, just keep thinking “six billion people”. The right ones out there.

Yes. But I don’t want to talk about it.
I’m doing what a man should do and I’m bottling it up until the day when I need to fucking explode on someone.

lol

Your girl was NOT the one for you, no matter what you feel right now. If she was, you would still be together. You are in love with an idea, not a person. Most men are like this, that’s why they say love is blind. So get drunk, bang some shit around and get over it in your own good time. This experience is knowledge. Use it to your advantage. You need 20/20 vision before you start another relationship.

Interesting timing. I tend not to get too personal on these boards…but I need to vent with my current situation. Anyways,wife had a miscarriage. Me and her both were ultra-excited about getting to see the baby about 3 weeks ago…then were devastated when they could no longer find heartbeat and it had stopped growing.

I’ve dealt with it pretty well…the wife is off and on. Really concerned about her and doing my best to keep her spirits up or let her deal in her own way. It really bums the hell out of me when I catch her crying and sobbing just when I think she’s moved on…I think I’ve finally accepted that it will take her a while.

So this prob sounds crazy but this is what has been on my mind lately.

I don’t like to get angry at people or situations. It seems like a real ugly emotion to me and you are just passing it on to the next person etc. That’s why lifting is so appealing to me. Plenty of people just do stupid shit cause that’s their environment and they are trying to protect themselves.

But now I’m thinking this is a mistake. Since I never get pissed off, I’m not really progressing in life because everything is under the surface. I’m going to go smash some shit and I’ll let you guys know what happens.

PS: That girl wasn’t for you if she left and doesn’t come back/

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Interesting timing. I tend not to get too personal on these boards…but I need to vent with my current situation. Anyways,wife had a miscarriage. Me and her both were ultra-excited about getting to see the baby about 3 weeks ago…then were devastated when they could no longer find heartbeat and it had stopped growing.

I’ve dealt with it pretty well…the wife is off and on. Really concerned about her and doing my best to keep her spirits up or let her deal in her own way. It really bums the hell out of me when I catch her crying and sobbing just when I think she’s moved on…I think I’ve finally accepted that it will take her a while. [/quote]

That’s so sad Boss.

Heart goes out to you and your wife, it’s not an easy thing to deal with what-so-ever.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

I’ve dealt with it pretty well…the wife is off and on. Really concerned about her and doing my best to keep her spirits up or let her deal in her own way. It really bums the hell out of me when I catch her crying and sobbing just when I think she’s moved on…I think I’ve finally accepted that it will take her a while. [/quote]

So that’s what you were talking about on fb. Damn man, I’m sorry to hear that and hopefully you guys have a kid in the future.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

That’s so sad Boss.

Heart goes out to you and your wife, it’s not an easy thing to deal with what-so-ever.
[/quote]

X2

She will feel like this for awhile but she try to act like things are OK. Tough stuff to think about, but there’s a lesson in there somewhere. Hope you guys try again and everything turns out OK.

My wife is pregnant and I think we’re going to end up divorced in the next year or so by my choice. I already have an 8 year old to another woman, now this will potentially be 2 kids from broken homes. Quite a track record I have going.

Of course there is always the possibility that this kid is really Iron Dwarf’s so maybe I’ll get off lucky this time.

I’ve been on crutches for the last 5 months.

My grandma just got relinquished to hospice care so she should be dead in a few days. They are basically just watching her starve to death because she lost the ability to swallow. They also have her off fluids because her kidneys are failing.

I was going to type an angry rant about the religious right and Dr. assisted suicide, but I’ll save it.

Sorry for your loss Boss, staying on the child note. My 19 year old son who is away at college decided to run up bank charges of almost $1000 in his/mine joint checking account. He also got arrested for possesion and dropped his classes. So I had to cut him off finacially and tell him I love him but he is on his own. Welcome to adulthood. Now he is telling everyone how I did nothing for him and expect him to do everything on his own. Nothing can rip out your heart like your kids can.