Bodybuilding & Junk Food

True beans, most pros do eat clean for most part, though let’s not forget that what also separates the men from boys as well is the ability to have access and afford the right combinations and amount of bodybuilding drugs, as well as the required drug tolerance and ability to take that much stuff for years without suffering severe side effects, organ complications and/or failure, or potentially even worse.

And I think that we are all aware that bodybuilding pros never really come off, and just alternate from one drug stack to the next, for years without cessation. Not cheap and certainly not healthy, regardless of how one eats (though eating bad foods, on top of all of those drugs, will almost certainly magnify the negative impact of these drugs on the body).

Just food for thought, no pun intended.

My take on it,yea the pros do eat like crap. Makes it easier for them.Honestly,they got far,but with sloppy dieting and aas stacks known to make a women grow a cock. That in the end isn’t really discipline. To boot,look at all the heart attacks thanks to all that junk combined with aas. I myself,eat all natural,not all organic,but all natural. It’s cheaper,healthier,and honestly to me,taste better. I’ll go to walmart and get some cheese and kefir before you catch me at a restaurant .

[quote]wellshii wrote:
My take on it,yea the pros do eat like crap. Makes it easier for them.Honestly,they got far,but with sloppy dieting and aas stacks known to make a women grow a cock. That in the end isn’t really discipline. To boot,look at all the heart attacks thanks to all that junk combined with aas. I myself,eat all natural,not all organic,but all natural. It’s cheaper,healthier,and honestly to me,taste better. I’ll go to walmart and get some cheese and kefir before you catch me at a restaurant .[/quote]

If you think the top pros eat like crap you don’t know what you’re talking about. If you think that drugs mean you can eat what you want without getting fat, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

You don’t know what you’re talking about

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]wellshii wrote:
My take on it,yea the pros do eat like crap. Makes it easier for them.Honestly,they got far,but with sloppy dieting and aas stacks known to make a women grow a cock. That in the end isn’t really discipline. To boot,look at all the heart attacks thanks to all that junk combined with aas. I myself,eat all natural,not all organic,but all natural. It’s cheaper,healthier,and honestly to me,taste better. I’ll go to walmart and get some cheese and kefir before you catch me at a restaurant .[/quote]

If you think the top pros eat like crap you don’t know what you’re talking about. If you think that drugs mean you can eat what you want without getting fat, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

You don’t know what you’re talking about[/quote]

While many at the top certainly do as you say, I do beg to differ kind sir. Theirs is not the only voice in the forest after all.

In part I likewise fell for this, but as much as I resisted believing so and wanted it to be different, my bf’s insight and commentary finally started painting a different picture about many of these top guys. All you have to do is go onto to YouTube and listen to guys like Lee Priest, Kali Muscle, etc. and acknowledge the madness; how does one explain that?

With the myriad of androgens, DNP, clenbuterol, HGH, IGF-1, insulin, etc. used by these guys you can certainly prevent fat gain while eating like Shamu. It’s used and acknowledged within the community quite often, and Rich Piana has even talked about this at great length. Calling him a liar?

Or, as stated on another anonymous site:

The young bodybuilder Bostin Loyd has become quite famous thanks to his deep insight knowledge in the game of bodybuilding. He classified the sport as chemical welfare and said numerous times that the good bodybuilding coaches are actually experts in drug usage and not so much training and nutrition gurus.

That should not come as a surprise to you since we all know very well that the majority of the insane physiques we see in magazines and YouTube videos have been built through the usage of anabolic steroids and other PEDs.

Bodybuilders dont put as much effort into their workouts as they make you believe. Many train with just machines and usually use the same old excuse: I just want to feel the muscle a little better and prevent injuries. On top of everything they eat junk food more often than you think and their diets are strict only a couple of weeks before competitions.

Well, sometimes just a couple of days.

[quote]TheresaACP wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]wellshii wrote:

You don’t know what you’re talking about[/quote]

While many at the top certainly do as you say, I do beg to differ kind sir. Theirs is not the only voice in the forest after all.

In part I likewise fell for this, but as much as I resisted believing so and wanted it to be different, my bf’s insight and commentary finally started painting a different picture about many of these top guys. All you have to do is go onto to YouTube and listen to guys like Lee Priest, Kali Muscle, etc. and acknowledge the madness; how does one explain that?

With the myriad of androgens, DNP, clenbuterol, HGH, IGF-1, insulin, etc. used by these guys you can certainly prevent fat gain while eating like Shamu. It’s used and acknowledged within the community quite often, and Rich Piana has even talked about this at great length. Calling him a liar?

Or, as stated on another anonymous site:

The young bodybuilder Bostin Loyd has become quite famous thanks to his deep insight knowledge in the game of bodybuilding. He classified the sport as chemical welfare and said numerous times that the good bodybuilding coaches are actually experts in drug usage and not so much training and nutrition gurus.

That should not come as a surprise to you since we all know very well that the majority of the insane physiques we see in magazines and YouTube videos have been built through the usage of anabolic steroids and other PEDs.

Bodybuilders dont put as much effort into their workouts as they make you believe. Many train with just machines and usually use the same old excuse: I just want to feel the muscle a little better and prevent injuries. On top of everything they eat junk food more often than you think and their diets are strict only a couple of weeks before competitions.

Well, sometimes just a couple of days.
[/quote]

Ok, so now I’m 99.999999% sure you’re a troll. But just in case you’re not, here’s a response:

Funny, as I actually work with real bodybuilders and have experience using the drugs.

People like you want to believe that bodybuilders half ass workouts and eat like shit, but the drugs build these superhuman physiques regardless of what they do.

If that were true, everybody who used the drugs would look like a pro bodybuilder. No, what separates the guys who look really amazing from the guys who look average is busting their ass consistently in the gym, and being diligent as fuck in the kitchen.

But it suits the armchair, youtube commentators to be like “hmmph I could look like that if I took what they took” as they tuck into yet another bag of cheetos. It feeds the egos of these average looking people who don’t train as hard or eat as well as they should.

But hey, don’t believe me? Take some drugs then! Take the drugs, eat like shit, half ass your workouts and see where it gets you. Anyone who knows what they’re talking about - which isn’t you, sadly - will be able to tell you it doesn’t work.

And yes, guys like Rich Piana or whomever you follow on youtube ARE lying to you because if they don’t post sensational videos then no one will give a shit about them. That’s why Bostin Lloyd is so popular. He told the crowd who cry “it’s all drugs!” what they want to hear, and made himself a ton of money because of it.

Do yourself a favour and join a forum where the real pros hang out. I can’t obviously link to them here but they’re easy to find. Start a thread about how bodybuilders eat shit and half ass workouts and see what the general consensus is among people who actually live it every day.

Or better yet, actually ask some pros. They’re easy to contact through social media.

Guys like Lee Priest have the genetics of GODS. Do not think they are typical. 99% of bodybuilders cannot get away with doing what he did, but they try, which is why gyms are full of big fat guys on steroids, but very few dudes who look as incredible as he did.

I understand nothing I have said will convince you, as you already have an emotional attachment to your opinion. Sad thing is, I’ve been where you are now. I believed exactly the same bullshit you bought into, but by actually being involved in the industry and having an open mind, I learned what it really takes. That’s why I know I could never be a professional bodybuilder. The dietary discipline is insane, and effects every other aspect of your life. It’s not a sacrifice I’d make.

And yes, I did just type out a long response to an obvious troll post, but hopefully there’s someone out there who might read that and appreciate it.

Well I had a feeling it would down to this, unfortunately. So now I’m a “troll”.

Well I may be a troll, but remember:

(1) Since I am involved with someone who lives bb, I’ve met my fair share over many years, even talked to a few up close and personal (though we never breached drugs + diet in our conversation). Most of these friends of my bf were average to below average guys (muscle size wise) before taking drugs, and the few who ended up using lots of drugs year round look like a galaxy away from those who train naturally or did milder cycles. Many in the gym even assumed they were “pros”. And these guys were eating lots of questionable food all the time; they hung out with us and talked about diet and drugs quite openly. Did all of them have GOD genetics too?

(2) Lee Priest doesn’t have GOD genetics either IMO. There was a newspaper article and photo of him as a teenager training with mum, when he was natural (not when he SAID he was natural at 19, but earlier) and the image is striking. He looked like a rock climber, nothing like a bodybuilder, although he was in great shape. Now what do you think changed between point A to Z, genetics? Give me a break.

(3) Look at similar photos of Nasser El Sonbaty, Dorian Yates, Kevin Levrone, etc. when they started BEFORE the drugs. Did they have GOD like genetics too, or a high tolerance for massive drug use?

(4) And since when are sponsored BB’s going to tell the truth about such things? Or - if they do - they are lying to us telling us what we want to hear, right? You can’t be this naïve sir.

(5) YES, there are fatties and sloths who say stupid things like “I would look like that too if I took drugs” and sit on the couch. But we are not talking losers who aren’t even motivated to go to the gym. We are talking about folks who take lots of drugs, bust ass and live bodybuilding, training and eating almost obsessively. Do many not have the genetics to compete? Yes. But they are eons past the average natural.

Not sure why you chose Lee Priest as the guy was probably in the best handful in terms of forearm and upper arm development had a great set of wheels and was just a good all round package.

Genetics play a huge role as your body parts can look bigger because of superior insertions and muscle bellies even if they are smaller. Drugs and genetics are both pretty critical aspects

TheresaACP: google Dave Draper.

[quote]MikeManos wrote:

[quote]Mtag666 wrote:
Once you’re maintenance calories are well over 4000 you can fit alot of junk in. Not really that difficult to understand.

Do you people still think there are certain magic foods that keep you leaner??[/quote]

junk food used for this purpose will not only make you fatter but significantly unhealthier in the long run as well. The science is clear on that.

[/quote]

unhealthier, maybe. The first part IS BLATANTLY FALSE. it will not make you fatter.

[quote]TheresaACP wrote:

[quote]mutantcolors wrote:
“clean dieting is pure marketing BS to teens who don’t know any better”

LOL, yes. It’s all a scheme by Big Chicken and Broccoli to take those poor saps’ hard earned dollars and get them hooked on not-corn syrup![/quote]

I don’t know about the chicken and broccoli cartel, or the pull their lobbyists have in Washington, but I do know that image is everything. And when money and corporate interest is involved, in the bodybuilding community included, the gloves are off and the brass knuckles come on.

So it should come as no surprise that when it’s time for the muscle media mafia to sell a clean image of a pro-bodybuilder eating a likewise clean diet and living a clean lifestyle, it plays a big role in their promotion:

IMAGE: Eat clean & organic food, live a clean lifestyle, and dedicate yourself to training hard!

REALITY: Load up on a ton of drugs and eat calorically dense food, even junk food.

Of course I’m singling out the bad lot of apples, not all bodybuilders, but you get the premise of the message.

You can read all about it here:

[/quote]

Natty or not? Did you really link to the site that tries to publicly shame lifters by determining if they are “natty or not” by looking at pictures lol? C’mon now, you trolling!

[quote]MikeManos wrote:
True beans, most pros do eat clean for most part, though let’s not forget that what also separates the men from boys as well is the ability to have access and afford the right combinations and amount of bodybuilding drugs, as well as the required drug tolerance and ability to take that much stuff for years without suffering severe side effects, organ complications and/or failure, or potentially even worse.

And I think that we are all aware that bodybuilding pros never really come off, and just alternate from one drug stack to the next, for years without cessation. Not cheap and certainly not healthy, regardless of how one eats (though eating bad foods, on top of all of those drugs, will almost certainly magnify the negative impact of these drugs on the body).

Just food for thought, no pun intended.[/quote]

lol, OK. No, what separates the men from the boys is their ability to bust their ass as previously mentioned and genetics.

Some people here are crazy, they think you just pop the syringe and blow up…

[quote]TheresaACP wrote:
Well I had a feeling it would down to this, unfortunately. So now I’m a “troll”.

(1) Since I am involved with someone who lives bb, I’ve met my fair share over many years, even talked to a few up close and personal (though we never breached drugs + diet in our conversation). Most of these friends of my bf were average to below average guys (muscle size wise) before taking drugs, and the few who ended up using lots of drugs year round look like a galaxy away from those who train naturally or did milder cycles. Many in the gym even assumed they were “pros”. And these guys were eating lots of questionable food all the time; they hung out with us and talked about diet and drugs quite openly. Did all of them have GOD genetics too?

(2) Lee Priest doesn’t have GOD genetics either IMO. There was a newspaper article and photo of him as a teenager training with mum, when he was natural (not when he SAID he was natural at 19, but earlier) and the image is striking. He looked like a rock climber, nothing like a bodybuilder, although he was in great shape. Now what do you think changed between point A to Z, genetics? Give me a break.

(3) Look at similar photos of Nasser El Sonbaty, Dorian Yates, Kevin Levrone, etc. when they started BEFORE the drugs. Did they have GOD like genetics too, or a high tolerance for massive drug use?

(4) And since when are sponsored BB’s going to tell the truth about such things? Or - if they do - they are lying to us telling us what we want to hear, right? You can’t be this naÃ?¯ve sir.

(5) YES, there are fatties and sloths who say stupid things like “I would look like that too if I took drugs” and sit on the couch. But we are not talking losers who aren’t even motivated to go to the gym. We are talking about folks who take lots of drugs, bust ass and live bodybuilding, training and eating almost obsessively. Do many not have the genetics to compete? Yes. But they are eons past the average natural.

[/quote]

lol @ Lee Priest not having amazing genetics… Oh man, the trolling continues… https://i.ytimg.com/vi/V_MYGP95guo/hqdefault.jpg

“Since I am involved with someone who lives bb, I’ve met my fair share over many years, even talked to a few up close and personal” < When I read what you just said, that translates into: I’ve spoken to a lot of gym rats but no actual REAL BB’ers with pro cards.

[quote]daltron wrote:

[quote]TheresaACP wrote:

[quote]mutantcolors wrote:
“clean dieting is pure marketing BS to teens who don’t know any better”

LOL, yes. It’s all a scheme by Big Chicken and Broccoli to take those poor saps’ hard earned dollars and get them hooked on not-corn syrup![/quote]

I don’t know about the chicken and broccoli cartel, or the pull their lobbyists have in Washington, but I do know that image is everything. And when money and corporate interest is involved, in the bodybuilding community included, the gloves are off and the brass knuckles come on.

So it should come as no surprise that when it’s time for the muscle media mafia to sell a clean image of a pro-bodybuilder eating a likewise clean diet and living a clean lifestyle, it plays a big role in their promotion:

IMAGE: Eat clean & organic food, live a clean lifestyle, and dedicate yourself to training hard!

REALITY: Load up on a ton of drugs and eat calorically dense food, even junk food.

Of course I’m singling out the bad lot of apples, not all bodybuilders, but you get the premise of the message.

You can read all about it here:

[/quote]

Natty or not? Did you really link to the site that tries to publicly shame lifters by determining if they are “natty or not” by looking at pictures lol? C’mon now, you trolling![/quote]

I don’t believe that the site is a undisputable source of absolute truths, if that’s what you accuse me of implying. I do not 100% agree or disagree with all things on that site, to put it another way.

I do however believe that it sets two important premises:

(1) It saves many young, beginner and natural lifters from the potential for being brainwashed by the muscle media, and from falling into the almost inescapable pitfalls of lies and deceit that runs rampant in the bodybuilding (for profit) industry.

(2) Makes aforementioned wannabes ask why they want what they want first, before undergoing the possibly harmful initiation of pursuing the dream of building a drug produced (but naturally marketed, obviously) physique. It’s not the desire to build the maximum amount muscle, strength and leanness it attacks, it’s the virus infected version software that may be powering it that it questions and addresses.

And this sort of thing has infiltrated women’s psyche long before the men’s physique movement of dysphormia moved in.

When I got into the love of serious training, dieting, weight training and conditioning, the temptation was there for me to try and emulate the popular figure competitor images and models, before realizing that if I had pursued this dream what it was I was actually signing up for - if I really wanted to obtain that look.

Lucky for me, involuntary intervention stepped in, and I got an unplanned inside look into this lifestyle and endeavor long before the compulsion took over (and thus saved myself the grief by understanding what had to be done to pursue such a goal).

[quote]daltron wrote:

[quote]TheresaACP wrote:

(4) And since when are sponsored BB’s going to tell the truth about such things? Or - if they do - they are lying to us telling us what we want to hear, right? You can’t be this naÃ??Ã?¯ve sir.

[/quote]

lol @ Lee Priest not having amazing genetics… Oh man, the trolling continues… https://i.ytimg.com/vi/V_MYGP95guo/hqdefault.jpg

“Since I am involved with someone who lives bb, I’ve met my fair share over many years, even talked to a few up close and personal” < When I read what you just said, that translates into: I’ve spoken to a lot of gym rats but no actual REAL BB’ers with pro cards.

[/quote]

And I’m the laughing stock for believing that he’s anything but natural in that pic.

FYI: The bodybuilders I was referring to were Milos Sarcev, Kevin Levrone and Craig Licker at the Arnold Expo (and a couple others whose names don’t come to mind). You know, your typical Planet Fitness gym rats. :smiley:

Case in point, daltron: Lee Priest at 19 years of age, claiming “natural” status.

You seriously buying this bunk?

Still not convinced?

The late great Nasser El Sonbaty, before and after serious drug use.

What GOD like genetics!

I’m on a roll. :slight_smile:

Dorian Yates and his GOD like genetics. They were so visible as a teenager!

By the way, I’m not a troll or hater or someone trying to spoil the dream. I’d love to look like the Marvel Comics version of Wonder Woman, but since I live on planet earth (and in reality), I’m just addressing simple common sense and logic here. Why do some people still have such a hard time understanding the most important aspect - drugs, drugs and more drugs - of achieving that look? Why rationalize it away constantly by using the “God like genetics” argument?

This is exactly what I meant earlier when I pointed out the brainwashing of the muscle media. People have been so conditioned to worshiping false idols and believing utter nonsense that they can’t even comprehend the truth anymore, even if they wanted to. This is what I’d like beginners to the sport should be spared from before they become infected and exploited by the BB corporate fascists.

All this brings to mind an analogy, and it has to do with a former Soviet defector I read about who escaped to the US back in the 70’s. The man worked for the KGB before escaping to America, and I’ll never forget what he quoted his headquarters superior once telling him when he was part of that system of oppression:

“Never argue with a leftist. They have been so thoroughly brainwashed and deceived that even if you took them to concentration camps and showed them the bodies they would never believe it.”

I could really draw parallels with that statement and the present lies and illusion of the modern bodybuilding industry.

It’s unfortunate you believe that “genetics” can only mean large and muscular to begin with. Genetics is just as easily a muscle’s ability to get larger and stronger than the average case when presented with stimulus like lifting.

I’ve seen guys of all body types have certain parts of their body blow up with out drug use and I’ve seen tons of guys go from scawny and small to big and strong without the aid of PED’s. It just sounds like A) you haven’t been in the iron game very long and B) you want to harp on drugs.

[quote]TheresaACP wrote:
By the way, I’m not a troll or hater or someone trying to spoil the dream. I’d love to look like the Marvel Comics version of Wonder Woman, but since I live on planet earth (and in reality), I’m just addressing simple common sense and logic here. Why do some people still have such a hard time understanding the most important aspect - drugs, drugs and more drugs - of achieving that look? Why rationalize it away constantly by using the “God like genetics” argument?

[/quote]

You just needed an excuse to not be able to achieve your goals and the excuse you came up with is “that can only be achieved with drugs”.

Dani Shugart looks like wonder woman. Probably better. The difference between you and her isn’t drug use (she’s drug free), it’s her ability to push herself and work hard in the gym. THAT is the difference between “wonder woman” and you. Not drugs.