Bodybuilding Fads 'n Scams?

I’ve tried that and the bulletproof coffee. I don’t like the consistancy.

I can’t handle the DMAA. Just too much for me.

And this is coming from a former cocaine addict, lol.

3 Likes

Damn you…this would explain why your so lean. :wink:

3 Likes

Not fads or scams, just nostalgia:

Ultimate Orange. Pretty sure this was the OG of pre-workout drinks. It had caffeine and ephedrine. It was awesome. Tasted pretty good too.

I eventually switched to Ripped Fuel after I realized the ingredients were basically the same. Much more portable, and cheaper too.

I cried when ephedra was banned in '04.

Then Spike tablets were released shortly afterward. They were my favorite thing ever until they were discontinued. Now I use a McGuyver’ed substitute with caffeine, yohimbe, and sulbutiamine. I still miss my little yellow friends though.

1 Like

I’ll never understand America’s messed up view of drugs.

Supplements aren’t regulated because they’re taken voluntarily. User beware. Something great comes out and they ban it.

Meanwhile, I see loads of ads or TV for pharmaceuticals with side effects like compulsive gambling, suicidal thoughts, depression, anxiety, bleeding ulcers, and the list goes on.

That’s all acceptable though!

5 Likes

I loved ephedra products but they gave me the bph that I still have today. But the workouts were insane!

We are so bass ackwards.

1 Like

Things that are low risk and aren’t for a specific purpose or for very common issues (e.g. non-chronic mild pain) are easily accessible.

Stuff that carries higher risk or addresses a particular condition needs more than some high school drop out that will diagnose you as low test and sell you 5 litres of testosterone because “you’re basically wasting your time otherwise.”

1 Like

I think a person should do their own research and know what they’re taking whether it’s from a doctor or personal trainer in the parking lot.

And why do you have to be “diagnosed” with low T to buy it from someone sketchy? :smile:

At that point I don’t think your actual levels matter.

This also supports my opinion that steroids and PEDs shouldn’t be felony crimes but should be prescribed by docs who also do regular lab work as part of the service. Call it an elective service and make it be 100% out of pocket.

1 Like

Isn’t that exactly how it works? You just need a “condition” first. Like you need an infection before you can have access to anti-biotics. That seems fairly sensible to me.

For TRT it can work that way. Hell, Chris Bell showed us how to cheat the test and get started in his documentary.

I’m talking about flat out, no lies steroid use. The stuff that is considered a controlled substance by our government.

It should be perfectly legal to go to your doctor and say “I want to get bigger and stronger and I want to do a cycle of ______.”

Doc says “Okay, let’s get a baseline for your levels through lab work and here’s a pamphlet that covers the side effects and risks.”

That has to be better than the way people do it now. Just look at the Pharma section and you can see how people get all over the place with their drugs and side effects.

Consider the adverse health conditions caused by tobacco and alcohol and it’s not such a crazy thought to decriminalize and control PEDs (when getting hung up on side effects and risks).

2 Likes

You seem to be thinking about only one compound when you talk about steroids.

Go try out a Halotestin only cycle and see what happens lol. Ask @Yogi1 what happened the last time he tried Anadrol.

@Frank_C I don’t see any issue with your proposal save that someone has to pay. If the patient that wants to use is prepared to then fine. If an insurer wants to then fine (they obviously would not). But I wouldn’t have thought anyone would consider it reasonable for any public or charitable funds to be used.

I guess clinical bodies are the best placed for oversight purposes though.

-edit- should make clear I’m from the UK so that may impact how I visualise what you’re suggesting!

1 Like

@Yogi1 I’m hoping this involves a farm animal or three.

3 Likes

I only referenced TRT because that’s the one that you can currently get from a doctor. I think they should all be on the table.

I think for something as elective as PEDs it should definitely cost you. Insurance shouldn’t cover it.

I could see insurance companies refusing to cover any medical issues related to PED use too. They try to deny legit claims so it only seems likely.

1 Like

But you do realize that you are talking about an entire range of drugs with minor to severe side effects, right? I wouldn’t be speaking so lightly of steroids as a whole even if they were legal.

yea, i’m not so sure they should be all on the table either. Some of them can be extraordinarily toxic if you take too much, and it’s easy to take too much lol. Superdrol and a handful of orals come to mind.

Testosterone is a relatively low risk drug. The side effects are well known and minimal, it’s something our body already produces, and taking excessive doses really isn’t going to cause much harm, if any, for most people, particularly in an acute sense. Those things don’t apply to all steroids.

2 Likes

Holy shit. I don’t think there was a locker in my high school that wasn’t overflowing with that shit.

I think the point is that test is a Schedule III narcotic, which it clearly isn’t. It’s available over the counter in many countries but has been vilified in the US.

It really should not be considered in the same light as other Schedule III narcotics like codeine and ketamine.

I’ve seen @Frank_C post in other forums, and his point is well taken.

1 Like

Not to rehash a dead horse but Regarding Halo Top…

They actually have coconut based recipes of almost all their flavors now. So make sure you are looking at what you’re getting.

I find them to be a bit creamier, but they do have that slight coconut taste to them.

1 Like