Bodybuilding Fads 'n Scams?

@The_Mighty_Stu I’m curious was ephedra something you used to use, prior to the ban? Or was it always banned in your BB organization?

You know, I’m not 100% certain because i didn’t really pay attention, or even know about “natural” bodybuilding until I picked up a magazine in ‘06 or ‘07, and even then I never considered competing until a couple of years later.

Ephedra was one of those things people talked pretty openly about in gyms, and took without any big deal for years until you stared hearing in the news about some idiot who took half a bottle, wrapped himself in a sweat suit and ran for an hour straight until he died.

I wasn’t even into bodybuilding at the time, but I would occasionally pop one before a hockey game when I was in college. One tab with a Diet Coke just like the cool guy who worked at the supplement store at the mall told me! (Lol)

S

2 Likes

It’s like everything else - - - there’s clearly not an all or nothing approach.

I can’t believe how many different things people will take. If product A works then why take product B, C, & D with the same goals in mind? I know there’s individual preference and some variability in the results, but I don’t understand people dabbling in things that can be toxic.

Are those the people like Coleman who are gigantic and really struggling to add a few more pounds of muscle? Does it have anything to do with product availability?

Judging by the daily newbie threads in the pharma section it comes mostly from ignorance.

I read six respected “how to” books on steroids just to decide they aren’t for me (yet, if ever). These guys come running in here “on day 7 of a DBOL only cycle what do I do?!!!”

These aren’t the kind of people that carefully research hepatoxicity, blood lipid, blood pressure, shut down, aromatization etc… risks and then make an informed decision.

There’s a reason thousands of people die from overdoses of innocuous drugs like Aspirin every year.

2 Likes

Well that kind of reinforces how I feel about them. Pharmaceutical grade stuff administered by doctors with required check ups and labs seems like a safer approach.

Correct. Which is why I’m saying it’s not a good thing to refer to all these different drugs under one umbrella term when discussing issues pertaining to “safety”.

I’m not going to discuss issues of regulation and legality here. I’m just going to comment on this statement.

It’s pretty absurd.

I’m not welcome in the zoo anymore. God damn sexy pandas were asking for it, I swear.

Pandas? You’re a chubby chaser.

I’ve got a bit of a thing for Asians. Don’t pretend you hadn’t noticed, big boy.

Are you calling me fat?

Wow. So discriminate. Much outrage.

2 Likes

me so solly

2 Likes

100% chance I read this in Kim Jong-il’s Team America voice “I’m so ronry, so ronry!”

2 Likes

I can’t listen to Elton John now without laughing because of Trump.

2 Likes

This little Scumbag needs to be smacked

Without knowing anything else, I’m gonna call roids based on use of the F word and that goofy finger thing he has goin on.

1 Like

I refuse to read into what the snake diet might actually be. I’m going to assume it’s where you eat very infrequently but your meals are usually bigger than your head.

Nope… Fasting for insane amounts of time.

Like weeks?

Also, I’m not sure I’ve ever heard keto makes your hair fall out. Losing hair is malnutrition and starvation (or chemo). That fucker is going to kill somebody.

What’s funny to me is that a lot of morbidly obese people actually have bad hair. They’re obese from over consumption but they eat such poor foods that they’re malnourished.

Also, I rarely see a black woman with long, straight, thick hair that isn’t a wig.

Here I found this that outlines his Bullshit…

I%20dont

1 Like