Body By Gregron 2.0

Dave- I did the back squats for you man.

Frenchy- Diet talk is lame huh? I think that life is all about finding balance. You cant be too heavily consumed with one aspect otherwise you wont be getting the most out of every day… but yeah if your goal is to be a massive behemoth of RougeVampire standards then dont hit that treadmill lol

scj- good to know. we can now continue to be internet buddies

Harry- I would be careful. 3 whole miles in one day? Your body might start breaking down any second now.

elmore- welcome to my log. What’d you do in the Army? I went to jump school at Fort Benning and thats about the extent of my army interactions… I liked Benning though.

mmatt- Another new comer? This is great! I am former military. Ive been out for a year and a half now? (wow) and I’m going to school. Were you in?

ok so yesterday was pretty terrible. Had a family issue come up that just literally made me sick to my stomach for a day and a half. I didnt sleep at all (like literally 1 hour of sleep) on tuesday night and my diet on wednesday was a shake in the morning, 3 pieces of sour licorice in the afternoon, 2 pancakes for dinner and I forced myself to drink another shake right before bed because I felt horrible and had a headache from no food… it sucked. Literally I probably ate 800 cals? felt like doo doo

Feeling kinda better today but just stressed still. My fiance and I are heading up to tahoe this afternoon to do wedding stuff all weekend. We’ll be in tahoe tonight and friday night, then we’ll be staying in San Francisco saturday before coming home on sunday. there will be no training at all this trip. Hopefully it will be productive (as far as the wedding plans go) and that it will help me get my head straight. I’m ging to the gym right now to get in one last workout. Planning on hitting Back N Bi’s but then I think I’ll mix in a little chest/ shoulders and tri’s as well so that I get more of a “Full Body Workout” DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN! in to hold me over for the weekend.

I’ll report back soon with my results. Sorry for the delayed responses guys.

You guys all take it easy and have a great day. Lifes too short to walk around bummed out or pissed off all the time.

Challenge of The Day:
Try to do something nice today for a stranger. It just might make their day and it’ll probably brighten yours as well.

Hope everything’s alright bud. Keep your head up.

WF- Thanks man… I guess its just life getting in the way of a good time lol

Hit the gym and had a really good session. Put some good work in (i think) and had a lot of fun. Helped me out a lot I think and I’m ready for a fun weekend.

jogged to the gym, legs felt like bricks… I think my quads are sore from those hack squats?
warm up KB stuff:
Goblet Squats
Two arm swings
KB Snatches

cleans:
worked up to triples at 185. Did 3 or 4 sets of triples. Felt ok but my bar speed was whack.

Bent Over Rows:
225 x 10, 10, 10 Really strict. No body english

Wide Grip Pull Up:
10, 10, 8, 7

V Handle High Pull down:
big squeeze on these. 3 x 12. last set was 225

V handle cable row:
sa me as above but last set was 180 i think? 3 x 12

Just for fun I tried curling 135 with the olympic bar… got it up with a STRICT curl. I was happy about that… and then moved on lol

EZ Bar Preacher Curls:
35 on each side and used the inside grips… these were awesome. Great pump
3 x 10

This was my finisher “circuit” if you will
35lb DB Zotman Curls - 8 REPS
“185” Incline Smith machine Press (no lockout) - 12 REPS
“115” Smith Machine Shoulder press (no lockout) - 12 REPS
135 Snatch Grip High Pull - 8 REPS

4 rounds of that just run right through and I was done. Had a really good full body pump pretty much, had a good sweat going and was/am feeling great. Gonna shower up, pack up and get ready for this trip.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Oh yeah and here is Good Charlotte’s newest music video 1979. I’m not really a GC fan but my soon to be brother in law directed, shot and edited this music video. Posting it here so you guys can check it out if you want.

heres his “Directors Reel” from 2010/2011 with clips from a lot of the stuff he’s done. In there is Mike Posners video, Bobby Brackins, Steve Aoki, Asher Roth/Celo Green, Mansions on the Moon… some stuff form some Hurly and Redbull adds… some other shots of Michelle Rodriquez and other music vids as well.

He’s a really talented guy and he actually shot and directed my fiance and my Save The Date video… Check out those vids if you guys are lookin for something to do… They is some cool stuff in there.

I was in the infantry, I went to basic, javelin, and airborne in benning, then went to fort campbell ky, went to air assault school. I deployed for 15 months to yusifiyah Iraq got back and had to go WLC and bnoc phase 1 and exited the military shortly after, my highest rank was e-5. And that good sir is my entire military career lol.

Hey hope everything is ok. A weekend away sounds good…

We’re going to ride rolly coasters on Saturday. wheeeeee!

Hey gorgeous! I’m sorry life’s got complicated for a hot minute. The trip to Tahoe with your boo will be good. Don’t stress over the wedding stuff, just enjoy the process and the QT time with your lady. Hope you’re having fun!

Also, I’m totally with you on your training philosophy! And I’m glad to read that I’m not the only one who views lifting as a part of being athletic. I’ve definitely heard other guys articulate similar sentiments about how being “big” makes them feel less agile, and less “athletic”. And I can totally understand that mentality. For me, at least, it comes from my team-sports background - the quest to be stronger, faster more explosive.

LOL! I just read about the save the date video. You guys are such ballers. This wedding is going to be EPIC! I forsee a serious dance-battle.

Nice training as per usual, sir. Carry on!

Hi!

Looking good Greg. Following along.

right you are - balance is key. some cardio is good. but don’t take my wine and cheese away :wink:

hope family issues are resolved. I get easily upset over those.

strict curls with 135! you brotard you!

enjoy the trip

Brotards aren’t curling 135!

Enjoy the trip bossman.

Greg, enjoy Tah-hoe. I live in Berkely, pretty close to SF. If I ever see you on the streets, we gonna have a dance off.

But for realz, I was wondering about your military training. I know quite a few peeps who have been in various branches, and they all say that they are required to do a crazy amount of running, etc…a lot of cardio basically. It makes sense that the military would want soldiers with a bunch of endurance, b/c in a gun fight, strength doesn’t really matter.

But I used to do Military Athlete workouts, and the author (Rob something) would always say that in specail forces, strength is very important. Why does the military want athletes with such high endurance, and why don’t they emphasize strength at all? It seems like boot camps are the most catabolic places in the world, except maybe for Claire’s in various malls across America…

Also, I think I know what I’m talking about. After all, I read Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell, so I pretty much know what it’s like to be a Navy Seal. Lol. Good book if you haven’t read it. Oh, and I also saw GI Jane, so I pretty much get it!

Good luck with the family stuff. What doesn’t kill us, makes us stronger. I hope.

Just checking in to say this log is awesome, and that the stick these chaps give you is hilarious and ENTIRELY warranted!

I’m a contracted cadet in Clemson’s ROTC program. I play army, but technically I’m current.

Taylor Swift, and Good Charlotte doing a song called “1979”…jeez man, you’re letting yourself go to shit! Haha

Hope the family stuff turns around, and you’ve had a great weekend (by now).

Also, I will deadlift more than you did in your video, on Saturday. That is my goal. Haha

elmore- nice man. Sounds like you got to go to some fun schools. Glad to have you checking my log.

DF- LOL

MiM- The weekend away was good… I love rollercoasters!

Masch- Hows the leg? I feel like there are a lot of people in here that have a similar view on training that I do… maybe thats why they are checking out my log? hahaha. LOL @ being a “Baller”

Doc- HEY! Welcome back! Where have you been?

Frenchie- Hell yeah! You can take my freedom… but you’ll never take my cheese and wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine! Correction… it was “strict curls” it was “strict CURL”… singular lololol :slight_smile:

Bug- You’re right, brotards arent curling 135 (even if it is only once) Thanks bud… I’m gonna come creep your log soon…

hlss- We drove through Berkley on our trip… We did A LOT of driving (and by we I mean me) There isnt too much of a quick response to your question that will be satisfactory in my explanation… I’ll write you up something here soon.

phlegms- Glad to have you aboard man. The back and forth is pretty funny huh? Thats what keeps me coming back. I hope to keep hearing from you… drop by whenevs

mmatt- You’re in the cadet program right now? I was at Jump School with a few cadets… Are you contracted to be an Army O when you graduate?

Well I’m back from my trip and it was great but it was LOOOOOONG! 10 hour drive up there and 8 hour drive back from SF… did a ton of stuff and we got lots of things together. I/We feel WAY better about the wedding now that we talked to a planner, florist, DJ, hotel coordinator lady and all that stuff… it was definitely a good trip.

I’m gonna hit the gym later today and will be back with my results. Take it easy everyone and thanks for stopping by and checking out my log even though I wasnt logging lol.

Now its time to creep some logs… muuuuwahahahahaha!

Also, FTR, if anyone is looking for some new “baby makin” music you should check out The Weeknd. It’s prime time for a ride on the pound town express lol

Sorry about bad family stuff Greg.

I totally agree with the training philosophy, especially that you can do a lot more than you think.

I always say your not overtrained, you’ve just not adapted yet.

During the boxing season, I was lifting 3 times a week, HIIT 2-3 times, jogging most days and going to boxing sessions 3-4 times a week (one of which was fitness on the beach) standard boxing session consisted of 3-9 rounds sparring, 3-9 rounds on pads and bags, prowler pushes and shuttle runs With about 100 push ups mixed in.

/end hijack

all this wedding planning stuff sounds so stressful!

glad you are feeling good about it now and had a good trip…when is the big date again??

Yeah, I’m a contracted cadet. I’m not sure what I’m going to branch, but finance corps is the leading possibility due to my major/minor combination. It’s always neat to meet service guys who actually lift weights.