Blacklabel's Raw Log

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
Im gonna take jonatan’s advice and do a deload week. I think ill need it, I really have to get use to all the conditioning fromk track.

And for no reason at all, today’s diet:

Breakfast, 1:00PM: Breakfast sandwhich
2:00PM: Another Breakfast sandwhich
4:00PM: shitload of steak
Dinner, 7:00PM: Pork and mashed potatoes (which im eating now)

Ill probably have 1 more large meal, and a small one before bed. I dont usually eat this much, but…who the fuck cares.[/quote]

Well, I think you could improve the diet as well, that would probably help your training.

And yes, do the deload, not a decon, just a simple deload with less volume and maybe a little less intensity.

Track is going to be a blast, Blacklabel. Stick with the explosive stuff. . . I ran the mile and 2 mile. Learned a lot, but it would have been better to throw or something.

Keep going hard.

I did the same as Flow. Nowadays I wish I had tried out other events. And I really wish I had found the weight room back then.

Enjoy it. Track is a great sport. Lots of fun in high school.

[quote]jonatan-shg wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
Im gonna take jonatan’s advice and do a deload week. I think ill need it, I really have to get use to all the conditioning fromk track.

Ill probably have 1 more large meal, and a small one before bed. I dont usually eat this much, but…who the fuck cares.

Well, I think you could improve the diet as well, that would probably help your training.

And yes, do the deload, not a decon, just a simple deload with less volume and maybe a little less intensity.[/quote]

Suggestions for diet?

[quote]Flow wrote:
Track is going to be a blast, Blacklabel. Stick with the explosive stuff. . . I ran the mile and 2 mile. Learned a lot, but it would have been better to throw or something.

Keep going hard.[/quote]

Thanks man.

Im already haveing a really good time at track practice, the only thing that sucks is the 1 mile warmu up at every practice.

You also played football, didnt you?

[quote]donpalmero wrote:
I did the same as Flow. Nowadays I wish I had tried out other events. And I really wish I had found the weight room back then.

Enjoy it. Track is a great sport. Lots of fun in high school.[/quote]

Thanks man.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
jonatan-shg wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:

Ill probably have 1 more large meal, and a small one before bed. I dont usually eat this much, but…who the fuck cares.

And yes, do the deload, not a decon, just a simple deload with less volume and maybe a little less intensity.

Suggestions for diet?[/quote]

As I’m from Denmark I eat stuff, you probably don’t have in the US. Bread made from rye, rolled oats with milk and protein powder, fruit, lean meat, alot of stuff like that. I eat 5-6000Kcal a day @ ca. 200lb BW.
Hope that helps for inspiration.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
Flow wrote:

Keep going hard.

Thanks man.

Im already haveing a really good time at track practice, the only thing that sucks is the 1 mile warmu up at every practice.

You also played football, didnt you?[/quote]

Yeah, I did. I played for freshman and sophomore years. I ended up hurting my left knee. Doctors said I was going to have to sit out the whole season. Coaches told me they don’t play people that sit out a season.

It is what it is :slight_smile:

Had an optional track practice today and went. We threw the whole time, no running and I hit 36’.

Havent slept, had to stay up ALL night to do a project I forgot to do. Expecting a hard ass track practice (its raining so well be inside again) and the first day of my de-load in the weightroom. Im gonna fill my backpack with food and just eat all day.

4-6-09 De-load for lifting

Track practice:

Pushup/crunch circuit:
30 pushups
50 crunches
30 pushups
50 crunches
20 pushups
30 crunches

1 mile run
Running drills (10 mins)

I ended up not sleeping last night as explained in my other post. Made practice pretty tuff. Threw the discus, and was just trying to get the form down. My best throw was probably 80’. But it was raining like a bitch so we packed it in a half an hour early and hit the weight room. Did some random shit, ill try and remember everything.

Bench press: (paused)
115x8
115x8
135x8

Deadlift:
185x8
135x8
135x8
These sets were done threwout the workout. Was jumping around alot.

Kettlebell clean and press:(just right arm)
30x4
70x1
70x3

Dips:
1 set of 8

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

1-7-09 - practice and de-load

1 mile run

Pushup/ crunch circuit:
30 pushups
70 crunches
30 pushups
70 crunches
20 pushups
70 crunches

Running drills: 5 mins

Threw jav. today. Stupidest fucking thing ever. Im gonna stick with disc. and shotput.

Lifting:

Box squat:
135x8
135x8
155x5

Kettlebell swings:
30x8
50x8
70x6

Glute ham raise (on a regular bench):
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8

Planks:
Front x 3 x 60 sec. on 60 sec on / 60 sec/ off
Right side x 2 x 30 sec. on/ 30 sec. off
Left side: same as right

Can you du the concentric part of a gh raise on a regular, flat bench?

[quote]jonatan-shg wrote:
Can you du the concentric part of a gh raise on a regular, flat bench?[/quote]

Nope.

I think im gonna stay away from bench for a while. Just do a shit load of pushups and upper back work. My routine will look like this

Monday: squat

Teusday: pushups

thursday: deadlift/ upper back work

Comments, suggestions?

I’d do a lot of upper back work on Monday and Thursday. Eric Cressey talked about doing 50 sets of upper back work a week. I’ve done a lot of additional upper back work on top of the upper back in the deadlift (in Sheiko) and have had no problem with recovering.

Also, what about some dumbbell pressing work? Does that seem to aggravate things?

I may have missed something, but why back off on benching? Just wondering what your reasoning is. If barbell flat bench press is getting stale for you, you could always swap things up and go nuts on incline pressing.

That said, a push-up program can definitely work. There are tons of ways to modify a push up for your needs.

Personally, I think bench press variations need to stay in your training. Especially considering the fact that you’ll be doing field events.

[quote]Flow wrote:
I may have missed something, but why back off on benching? [/quote]

shoulder problems

[quote]mrodock wrote:
I’d do a lot of upper back work on Monday and Thursday. Eric Cressey talked about doing 50 sets of upper back work a week. I’ve done a lot of additional upper back work on top of the upper back in the deadlift (in Sheiko) and have had no problem with recovering.

Also, what about some dumbbell pressing work? Does that seem to aggravate things?[/quote]

Ive thought things over and my training is gonna look like this.

Monday: Squat

Tuesday: Rows, pullups and explosive pushups

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: Deadlift

Friday: Pushup variations, weighted, incline and decline, and dips

DB’s are fine to train with. The problem isnt my shoulder, its just the fact that ive been stuck on the same bench for over a year, and dont think id be a bad idea to just do pushups for 3 or 4 weeks.

[quote]Flow wrote:
I may have missed something, but why back off on benching? Just wondering what your reasoning is. If barbell flat bench press is getting stale for you, you could always swap things up and go nuts on incline pressing.

That said, a push-up program can definitely work. There are tons of ways to modify a push up for your needs.

Personally, I think bench press variations need to stay in your training. Especially considering the fact that you’ll be doing field events. [/quote]

Backing off benching will certainley make it better for my shouler, but theres nothing wrong with it at the moment. Just with all the throwing ill be doing might bring back the pain

And my bench has been floating around the 260-275 are for the past year now. A change of pace will hopefully do some good.