T Nation

Blacklabel's Raw Log

Starting a new log just for the hell of it. Heres a link to my old one.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/blacklabels_log?id=2579439&pageNo=0

3-7-09 Sheiko #37 - Week 1 - Day 1

Bench press:
(50%) 135x5x1
(60%) 170x4x2
(70%) 195x3x2
(75%) 210x3x5

Squat:
(50%) 170x5x1
(60%) 200x5x2
(70%) 235x5x5

Bench press:
(50%) 135x6x1
(60%) 170x6x2
(65%) 180x6x4

Flat DB flies: 20x10x5
Good morning: 100x5x5

First day of sheiko #37, I had fun.

Looking good, I think you will like the extra volume, I switched to something similar. So far my lifts are all up, and my form is a lot better, specifically on bench.

Goodluck with sheiko! I’m considering giving it a try in some time, possibly summer. Let me know how it works out

[quote]power_bulker wrote:
Looking good, I think you will like the extra volume, I switched to something similar. So far my lifts are all up, and my form is a lot better, specifically on bench.

[/quote]

Thanks alot man.

[quote]CBar29 wrote:
Goodluck with sheiko! I’m considering giving it a try in some time, possibly summer. Let me know how it works out[/quote]

Thank you,

and I obviousley cant give any advice now, only the fact that these workouts take a long ass time, im not complaining tho.

My new goal is to qualify for nationals in the USAPL fed. I need a 1150 total at 242 before im 18 (I turn 17 in Nov.), and that is definitley going to happen. The way I see it, I need these numbers,

Squat 405
Bench 290
Deadlift 455

These goals seem attainable bye the end of the year. My hope with sheiko is just to put a few pounds of each one of my lifts. Im looking for 5 pounds on each, no more no less. After sheiko I should be going back to westside for a little while, and then onto Smolov squatb cycle in the summer.

Good luck, man.

Getting in your log for email updates.

[quote]Flow wrote:
Good luck, man.

Getting in your log for email updates.[/quote]

Thanks man.

1-9-09 Sheiko #37 - Week 1 - Day 2

Deadlift:
(50%) 190x5x1
(60%) 230x5x2
(70%) 270x4x2
(75%) 290x3x4

Incline bench:
135x4
150x4x6

Dips:
5x5

Deadlift from pins (suppose to be boxes):
(50%) 190x5x1
(60%) 230x5x2
(70%) 270x4x2
(80%) 310x3x4

Lunges:
20x5+5x5

Leg raises:
10x3

I am so fucking tired right now. My back is completley fried. It was fun tho.

On a side note,

Theres a sophmore at my school (my age, 16) who benched 305, squatted 405 and power cleaned 240. The kids a beast, and they were all legit lifts.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
On a side note,

Theres a sophmore at my school (my age, 16) who benched 305, squatted 405 and power cleaned 240. The kids a beast, and they were all legit lifts.[/quote]

How does it feel to be working in between 60-80% now, instead of the usual 90-100% on ME days?

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
I am so fucking tired right now. My back is completley fried.[/quote]

Don’t worry, that only lasts for the first few months…

[quote]power_bulker wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
On a side note,

Theres a sophmore at my school (my age, 16) who benched 305, squatted 405 and power cleaned 240. The kids a beast, and they were all legit lifts.

How does it feel to be working in between 60-80% now, instead of the usual 90-100% on ME days?

[/quote]

Its alot harder then I would have thought. All of these sets im doing with the lower weights have been really challenging. Benching isnt that bad so far, neither are squats, but doing deadlifts are fucking brutal.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
Its alot harder then I would have thought. All of these sets im doing with the lower weights have been really challenging. Benching isnt that bad so far, neither are squats, but doing deadlifts are fucking brutal.[/quote]

I found Benching to be easy throughout the cycle, Squats felt just about right, and DL’s felt, well fucking brutal. :wink: Once you start a peaking cycle, the low back gets a chance to recover.

[quote]Modi wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
Its alot harder then I would have thought. All of these sets im doing with the lower weights have been really challenging. Benching isnt that bad so far, neither are squats, but doing deadlifts are fucking brutal.

I found Benching to be easy throughout the cycle, Squats felt just about right, and DL’s felt, well fucking brutal. :wink: Once you start a peaking cycle, the low back gets a chance to recover.[/quote]

Thank god. I was getting a little worried that my lower back would be like this threwout the entire cycle

Didnt your deadlift get the most out of sheiko, a 20 lb PR?

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
Modi wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
Its alot harder then I would have thought. All of these sets im doing with the lower weights have been really challenging. Benching isnt that bad so far, neither are squats, but doing deadlifts are fucking brutal.

I found Benching to be easy throughout the cycle, Squats felt just about right, and DL’s felt, well fucking brutal. :wink: Once you start a peaking cycle, the low back gets a chance to recover.

Thank god. I was getting a little worried that my lower back would be like this threwout the entire cycle

Didnt your deadlift get the most out of sheiko, a 20 lb PR?[/quote]

Nope, just 10lbs. I got 10,5,10 out of it. But my DL was stuck for about a year, so I was happy with anything. I might have been good for a 15lb PR, but after the 10lb PR I was toast.

[quote]Modi wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
Modi wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
Its alot harder then I would have thought. All of these sets im doing with the lower weights have been really challenging. Benching isnt that bad so far, neither are squats, but doing deadlifts are fucking brutal.

I found Benching to be easy throughout the cycle, Squats felt just about right, and DL’s felt, well fucking brutal. :wink: Once you start a peaking cycle, the low back gets a chance to recover.

Thank god. I was getting a little worried that my lower back would be like this threwout the entire cycle

Didnt your deadlift get the most out of sheiko, a 20 lb PR?

Nope, just 10lbs. I got 10,5,10 out of it. But my DL was stuck for about a year, so I was happy with anything. I might have been good for a 15lb PR, but after the 10lb PR I was toast.
[/quote]

Thats still great. Id love to see those numbers once this cycle is over.

Good luck with smolov bye the way. I failed on the first day.

hey man, keep up the good work. You weren’t kidding, we’re VERY close to each other in strength. I’m a little higher on peak deadlift, you’re higher on peak squat, and we’re even on benching.

3-11-09 sheiko #37 - Week 1 - day 3

Bench press:
(50%) 140x7x1
(55%) 155x6x1
(60%) 170x5x1
(65%) 190x4x1
(70%) 195x3x2
(75%) 210x2x2
(70%) 195x3x2
(65%) 180x4x1
(60%) 170x6x1
(55%) 155x8x1
(50%) 140x10x1

Flat dumbell flies:
20x10x5

Squat:
(50%) 170x5x1
(60%) 200x4x2
(70%) 235x3x2
(75%) 250x3x5

DB french press:
20x10x5

Seated GM:
100x10x5

Made it threw the first week, and im still alive! Today was crazy, I havent seen this much volume for bench in a while. The squats moved medium speed, and I kept perfect form, everything is looking good so far.