'Birthers.' It Ain't Over, I'm Sure

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
[A CEOs background check is not shared with the entire company.[/quote]

Assuming a public company, a thorough biography is on the SEC disclosures, which anybody can get, and which is checked for accuracy by the auditors, the Board, and outside counsel.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]ReignIB wrote:

Of course, Obama will just use the “BUSHDONEIT!” argument to crush his opponents with his superior intellect.
During the last election Obama didn’t look all that impressive, now that his opponents can question/criticize his actual actions vs. his plans he’ll look even weaker imo.

[/quote]

LOL. So he didn’t impress a right wingnut like yourself?

Well, I’m shocked. I bet he was counting on your vote.
[/quote]

Good to have you back Irish…lol, I’ve missed your rather acerbic wit around here lately.

But let us not pretend that the media did not dig up the most mundane and not even remotely relevant facts about W. during his time in office…comes with the POTUS territory no?

Race tends to be a card played by BOTH sides.[/quote]

My point with this has always been that one person above all else would have found out and made public if he wasn’t a citizen- and that was Hillary Clinton.

If she couldn’t find it, there was NO WAY that he wasn’t a citizen, because she would have pulled that shit out IMMEDIATELY.

Hell, I think she still would.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
In my humble opinion, the POTUS should be the single most vetted person in the country.

We should have every piece of information on that person made totally public. Birth certificates, ALL school transcripts, parking tickets, fucking netflix cue.

Christ this is the most powerful person on earth…everything should be transparent.

How can anybody argue with that??[/quote]

Disagree completely. Next thing you know we’re requiring the same of the VP, S of T, etc. etc. 30 years from now we’re requiring all CEOs of big businesses.

There are plenty of powerful people in the world, it’s a slippery slope and releasing all private information is not something I’d endorse.[/quote]

Lanky, if you were going to hire somebody that important to run your company…you are going to dig into EVERY aspect of their background…education, criminal record, ability to work in the U.S…references, background check, credit history ect.

Shit, I do that for manager level positions I hire for in my company…why should the most powerful person in the country be exempt? [/quote]

There is a difference between an HR exec running a criminal background check, etc. and releasing that information to the entire world. [/quote]

Except we are hiring him to run the entire country…he works for us.

It’s simply a matter of scale, politicians should not be exempt.

[/quote]

A CEOs background check is not shared with the entire company.[/quote]

A CEO does not control Naval battle groups and Thermonuclear weapons either.[/quote]

You’re the one who made the analogy!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
So what?! Distraction. Now he can join the hallowed halls of the Legit American Murdering Prezidents – just like BUSH, et al.

Who do we bomb next?[/quote]

Your proving Thunderbolt correct in everything that he’s ever said about you. You should stop now.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Ummmmmm…

I wonder what Trump will use as a platform now…???[/quote]

Already questioning how a C+ student with low LSAT scores got into Harvard Law.[/quote]

He should ask W. I think he knows.[/quote]

Easy question, Bush got in because of the legacy of his father. Now tell us how Obama got in again?

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Assuming a public company, a thorough biography is on the SEC disclosures, which anybody can get, and which is checked for accuracy by the auditors, the Board, and outside counsel.[/quote]

Misleading to say the least. I am an auditor and I have a few SEC clients. The background includes where they went to school, their work experience and things of that nature. It does not include grades, papers written, medical records, etc.

This would have NEVER, NEVER happened to a white president named Mike Smith, even if he was from Hawaii.

This just proves that the inherent racism of the far right is still nothing but bullshit.[/quote]

Mike Smith - who knows, if his dad was from England might’ve been an issue.
Ivan Petrov or Mikka Turminen - different story.

But yeah, the race card just had to be played eh?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Assuming a public company, a thorough biography is on the SEC disclosures, which anybody can get, and which is checked for accuracy by the auditors, the Board, and outside counsel.[/quote]

Misleading to say the least. I am an auditor and I have a few SEC clients. The background includes where they went to school, their work experience and things of that nature. It does not include grades, papers written, medical records, etc.[/quote]

I’ve been on the BOARD of several public companies, as well as general counsel. We see transcripts, applications to schools, medical records (sometimes, depends on key man insurance), credit reports ----- the works. If he or she has a PhD (or anywhere where there isa graduating thesis, we certainly get it and read it).

I’d be happy with Obama’s transcripts, so we can stop all this “he’s so smart” pablum.

He’s a C+ student, just like Bush, Kerry, Gore (who flunked out of divinity school) and the rest of the turds.

[quote]ReignIB wrote:

Of course, Obama will just use the “BUSHDONEIT!” argument to crush his opponents with his superior intellect.
During the last election Obama didn’t look all that impressive, now that his opponents can question/criticize his actual actions vs. his plans he’ll look even weaker imo.

[/quote]

LOL. So he didn’t impress a right wingnut like yourself?

Well, I’m shocked. I bet he was counting on your vote.
[/quote]

I do indeed root for the Red Wings.

[quote]ReignIB wrote:

This would have NEVER, NEVER happened to a white president named Mike Smith, even if he was from Hawaii.

This just proves that the inherent racism of the far right is still nothing but bullshit.[/quote]

But yeah, the race card just had to be played eh? [/quote]

Sure does. Mostly because of all our presidents in the last 230 years, this was the first time it came up - even though one could argue that before, at the earliest, the 1900s, the records kept of ANYTHING in this country were pitiful.

But what a coincidence- first black president, Muslim sounding name, clearly he can’t be American, even though we’re in the information of much more easily tracked records, Open Public Records Acts, and the internet.

Just a coincidence I guess.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Misleading to say the least. I am an auditor and I have a few SEC clients. The background includes where they went to school, their work experience and things of that nature. It does not include grades, papers written, medical records, etc.[/quote]

I’ve been on the BOARD of several public companies, as well as general counsel. We see transcripts, applications to schools, medical records (sometimes, depends on key man insurance), credit reports ----- the works. If he or she has a PhD (or anywhere where there isa graduating thesis, we certainly get it and read it).

I’d be happy with Obama’s transcripts, so we can stop all this “he’s so smart” pablum.

He’s a C+ student, just like Bush, Kerry, Gore (who flunked out of divinity school) and the rest of the turds.[/quote]

I too have served on several boards and we demand and always get medial records for all chief executives. Why are Obama’s medical records being held in secret?

These are the types of things that are disturbing to those of us who do not worship the chosen one like some on this board.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

He’s a C+ student, just like Bush, Kerry, Gore (who flunked out of divinity school) and the rest of the turds.[/quote]

And like I said, the board seeing this information is different than sharing it with the entire world. Utah Lama is arguing for complete transparency of the POTUS’s whole life including what time of day he normally takes a shit. That is excessive.

Sidenote: I also find it hard to believe you actually viewed an employee’s medical records. If you’re getting key man insurance the insurance company would need to see those records and let you know what the premium would be. The board doesn’t even enter the equation. That being said, you say you did, I don’t believe you, no point in arguing about it, I guess.

[quote]ReignIB wrote:

Sure does. Mostly because of all our presidents in the last 230 years, this was the first time it came up - even though one could argue that before, at the earliest, the 1900s, the records kept of ANYTHING in this country were pitiful.

But what a coincidence- first black president, Muslim sounding name, clearly he can’t be American, even though we’re in the information of much more easily tracked records, Open Public Records Acts, and the internet.

Just a coincidence I guess.[/quote]

Actually, this was raised about several previous presidents or candidates.

Hillary and the NY Times raised it about McCain because McCain was born on the Panama Canal Zone (a military base and a US Territory), for example. This did not gain traction once it was revealed Obama was the candidate and had a similar issue (Hawaii being a territory at the time).

Here:

Eisenhauer, and a couple other had the issue raised because they had no birth certificates, and had to gather up witnesses to their birth.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

And like I said, the board seeing this information is different than sharing it with the entire world. Utah Lama is arguing for complete transparency of the POTUS’s whole life including what time of day he normally takes a shit. That is excessive.

Sidenote: I also find it hard to believe you actually viewed an employee’s medical records. If you’re getting key man insurance the insurance company would need to see those records and let you know what the premium would be. The board doesn’t even enter the equation. That being said, you say you did, I don’t believe you, no point in arguing about it, I guess.
[/quote]

There can be some sort of sign in sheet for the shits…I’m not overly concerned about that.

FIBER ONE on AIR FORCE ONE!!

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

I too have served on several boards and we demand and always get medial records for all chief executives. Why are Obama’s medical records being held in secret?

These are the types of things that are disturbing to those of us who do not worship the chosen one like some on this board.[/quote]

I don’t believe you any more than I believe Jewbacca about viewing medical records.

I have not once seen you say anything outside of republican party lines on these boards. I’m more conservative than most I know, but it’s pretty disturbing how closely you fall in line with whatever the GOP is doing. It almost seems without thought, it must be instinctive at this point.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]ReignIB wrote:

Hillary and the NY Times raised it about McCain because McCain was born on the Panama Canal Zone (a military base and a US Territory), for example. This did not gain traction once it was revealed Obama was the candidate and had a similar issue (Hawaii being a territory at the time).

Here:

Eisenhauer, and a couple other had the issue raised because they had no birth certificates, and had to gather up witnesses to their birth.

[/quote]

McCain I knew about, but as far as Eisenhower (why’d you spell it that way?), the issue did not plague him throughout his presidency, and it didn’t with anyone else.

Can you imagine if all you had was witnesses for Obama’s birth but no certificate? They’d be destroying the witnesses’ lives as well and claiming that they were undercover Black Muslim Nationalists paid by Obama to say they say him being born.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

The board elects the officers, the people elect the President. Ergo, broader disclosure.

We have to affirm, under oath, the accuracy of the biography. I sure as heck look at the source materials.

The medical condition of officers comes up a fair amount, if they are key or founding members. For example, I am quite confident Steve Jobs has signed a medical release so the board can determine if he remains fit to hold the position he holds.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]ReignIB wrote:

Here:

[/quote]

Stop clouding the issue with facts. You should know by now that anyone who questions Obama about anything is a racist.

[quote]ReignIB wrote:

Again, if his name was say Jaromir Jagr, his dad being from Checkoslovakia, his mom divorced his Check dad, married a Swede and moved to Sweden where he spent most of his childhood - I can totally see this happening.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
In my humble opinion, the POTUS should be the single most vetted person in the country.

We should have every piece of information on that person made totally public. Birth certificates, ALL school transcripts, parking tickets, fucking netflix cue.

Christ this is the most powerful person on earth…everything should be transparent.

Disagree completely. Next thing you know we’re requiring the same of the VP, S of T, etc. etc. 30 years from now we’re requiring all CEOs of big businesses.

There are plenty of powerful people in the world, it’s a slippery slope and releasing all private information is not something I’d endorse.[/quote]

Lanky, if you were going to hire somebody that important to run your company…you are going to dig into EVERY aspect of their background…education, criminal record, ability to work in the U.S…references, background check, credit history ect.

Shit, I do that for manager level positions I hire for in my company…why should the most powerful person in the country be exempt? [/quote]

There is a difference between an HR exec running a criminal background check, etc. and releasing that information to the entire world.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

You don’t think that the public should have access to things like his medical and school records?[/quote]

Birth certificate, yes, because it’s a requirement to be POTUS.

Other medical records seem unnecessary. I don’t need to know that in 1982 the POTUS had a pollup removed from his asscrack, or that he’s got ED.

School records I’m on the fence about. I can see the use, but also feel like some papers that were written 20 years ago could easily be taken out of context.

[/quote]

You don’t think cancer or mental illness is something we should know?