Benefits of Estrogen for TRT Patients

I’m fine, because I’m not obese. I’m speaking hypothetically on behalf of those who DO find themselves in this predicament…

My protocol is 150mg/week, injecting 50mg M-W-F. I don’t use an AI and I don’t have symptoms, other than a very occasional case of ED. When that happens, I generally take DIM for a few days and it’s back to normal…This is pretty rare nowadays though, and I can’t be entirely sure that the issue isn’t overuse. We rarely go more than 2 days without sex, and sometimes multiple times in a day so that could be possible.

My Free T levels run at about 19 on this protocol.

Would you at least agree that one could experience high E2 sides at the beginning of starting TRT due to the big increase? I agree that AI should be avoided but I’ve heard many stories of people experiencing high E2 sides when first getting dialed in, maybe first 3 months or so.

So what options do you give the hypothetical patient?

I can ask in the group if there are any reputable docs in Montana if you’d like.

Here’s what you can try becuase I’ve been where you are:

Write down how you have been feeing for the last few days. Then, split your weekly dose into daily injections for a 6 week period and then make an assessment at that time and compare it to how you are feeling now.

In my case, it was night and day.

However, you COULD report to your doc that you still have ED symptoms and would like to try a higher dose. Ask if you can bump it up to 200mg and test that out. Most docs won’t have an issue with this.

They aren’t high E2 sides.

The sudden increase in testosterone will cause some initial instability. The body needs TIME to adjust. This has nothing to do with E2. Stick to a protocol for six weeks and know that there will be some ups and downs initially. You may even feel worse before you feel better. This stuff takes TIME to work.

Please… Watch that video I posted. Please. There is so much relevant info in there.

Sure I’d be open to suggestions…

You care to take a stab at this?

Unless you are very lucky you are going to feel less than optimal when starting trt until your body adjusts. It doesn’t matter what you attribute those negative feelings to you still have to wait it out. Every protocol change I did I went through at least a month of not feeling optimal until my body adjusted to the dose change. Not sure what your point is. Even going from daily sub-q to daily IM there was a point of time where I didn’t feel good.

1 Like

@bmbrady77 did I not reply to this with my suggestions? Look above.

Ok let’s analyze this further… Before my wife started HRT, she experienced sever anxiety, loss of libido, and memory loss issues. I’m not talking about minor annoyances, I mean SEVERE symptoms. Her blood tests revealed that she was Estrogen dominant. Are you telling me that excess estrogen was not causing her issues, even though correcting that through HRT completely eliminated her symptoms?

No you didn’t…Those were suggestions for me…I asked what were your suggestions for the hypothetical patient I described above…

Obese guy who can barely afford a vial. Max dose only gets him to 24. He aromatases like crazy, can’t get a higher dose because he is already at MAX, and can’t afford cream because insurance won’t touch it…What does HE do?

@readalot

From Scott (who isn’t happy right now):

My response was only to thrombotic events given that he has a personal bias that clouds his remarks. These things lead nowhere Danny and no one clearly defines their terms. If the terms were defined, I would not have to assume it was thrombosis related and I would not have wasted five minutes of my time.

Needless to say I won’t bother Scott with this anymore…

That does make sense. One other thing I thought of though. What about gyno? I know there’s been guys that got gyno from TRT and isn’t that attributed to E2? I honestly think you’re probably right about all this but just want to hear what you have to say on that.

Well…he kind of proved the point for @readalot. He completely avoided the question and got pissed because he wasted 5 minutes of his time…What are you supposed to learn from people like this? Who get pissed when someone poses an intelligent question that doesn’t bode well for their own viewpoints?

He does daily shots with what he has. He stays the hell away from an AI because estrogen helps to improve visceral fat. It’s not the high E2 making him fat. It’s the fact that he is fat which causes high E2. In this case, E2 is his friend because he needs to reduce visceral fat. He needs to get his diet dialed in and start exercising to lose weight. TRT isn’t a magic unicorn that is going to fix everything for that guy. There is also nothing stopping him from finding a doc that can do this better. If you can’t afford $40 a month for cream, but go to McDonald’s 5 times a week, there isn’t much I can do for you.

1 Like

If you can find someone who will legally sell me the cream you describe for $40 a month WITHOUT insurance, I’ll buy 10 tubes right NOW!

Hell, you can’t buy a vial for that out of pocket!

I’m clear on this…

@bmbrady77 you missed the point. Scott addressed the question without knowing a key part of the terms of the question. Had he known this in advance, he would have responded differently. So he spent 5 minutes addressing one thing when he could have been addressing something else.

That’s typically what the guys are paying in our group. Using many different doctors using many different pharmacies.

I get that, but when that flaw was revealed (and btw…he put that error on the guy asking the question instead of considering the fact that he could have POSSIBLY just misunderstood it all on his own) He did not address the real question at all. Instead he got pissed and threw his hands up.

To any of you who want to question Dr Howell’s expertise, watch this: