Ben White's Back

I walked by Ben doing a signing at GNC the other day. This dude is absolutely JACKED.

I’m a new fan, that’s for sure.

His back isn’t very white. Oh, I see that’s the dudes name. Very impressive, I bet he only does TBT and compound lifts.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Btw, here’s another image of his back (probably what you were looking for, X?)… http://www.thebiguniverse.com/showstopper/page9.jpg

[/quote]

Looks photoshopped. Still an awesome physique though judging from pic above.

Isn’t it fairly common for bodybuilders to use leg press over squats? I don’t know, I just haven’t seen many bbers squat in movies(minus Coleman), but leg pressing seems common

[quote]Professor X wrote:
browndisaster wrote:
did you guys see his mdtv training video? I doubt he built much of his mass training that way

If you mean this video, he is dieting. Few people aside from Ronnie Coleman are trying to hit new personal records when feeling like shit from no carbs and completely depleted.[/quote]

Maybe they should…

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
Professor X wrote:
browndisaster wrote:
did you guys see his mdtv training video? I doubt he built much of his mass training that way

If you mean this video, he is dieting. Few people aside from Ronnie Coleman are trying to hit new personal records when feeling like shit from no carbs and completely depleted.

Maybe they should…[/quote]

Why? Dieting like that often means much less energy and feeling like shit…which is what Ben White stated himself in that video in the original post. Few people can train in spite of that and break new personal records unless they are genetic freaks. We aren’t talking about being MONTHS away from a competition.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
who will win squat?

my guess is Johnnie.

Pretty sure it’s just a push pull comp. Squatting is for losers/functional people. [/quote]

touche

[quote]DaFreak wrote:
JoabSonOfZeruiah wrote:
Why do they cut saturated fat? So its all fish and chicken during contest prep?

Nah most guys will eat red meat up until the week before the show, it helps keeping you full - when you’re muscular enough your body will use the calories!! Basically, chop off a bodybuilder’s arm and you have a boned steak - not a chicken breast. See the picture? I say eat the animal you want to look like![/quote]

GORILLA MEAT! ! ! !

Is it too much to shoot for a physique like this? I just ate a pound of sirloin tips but methinks it ain’t enough… I feel like such a pussy after seeing this thread.

How tall is he?

hardgnr wrote:
Professor X wrote:
browndisaster wrote:

If you mean this video, he is dieting. Few people aside from Ronnie Coleman are trying to hit new personal records when feeling like shit from no carbs and completely depleted.

Maybe they should…

Why? Dieting like that often means much less energy and feeling like shit…which is what Ben White stated himself in that video in the original post. Few people can train in spite of that and break new personal records unless they are genetic freaks. We aren’t talking about being MONTHS away from a competition.[/quote]

Well we are talking about genetic freaks anyway aren’t we. But I mean Ronnie trained his ass off right up to Olympia, I’m sure he didn’t always feel 100%, but look where his approach got him. So maybe these guys should take note of that if they haven’t already.

I understand the feeling like shit, but this is a pro bodybuilder. You don’t get that way by making excuses.

I haven’t seen the video yet though, I’m on my wireless and only have limited data.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
Professor X wrote:
hardgnr wrote:
Professor X wrote:
browndisaster wrote:

Maybe they should…

Why? Dieting like that often means much less energy and feeling like shit…which is what Ben White stated himself in that video in the original post. Few people can train in spite of that and break new personal records unless they are genetic freaks. We aren’t talking about being MONTHS away from a competition.

Well we are talking about genetic freaks anyway aren’t we. But I mean Ronnie trained his ass off right up to Olympia, I’m sure he didn’t always feel 100%, but look where his approach got him. So maybe these guys should take note of that if they haven’t already.

I understand the feeling like shit, but this is a pro bodybuilder. You don’t get that way by making excuses.

I haven’t seen the video yet though, I’m on my wireless and only have limited data.[/quote]

I use that term “genetic freak” loosely because someone actually called me that once and I am nothing of the sort. I’ve seen real genetic freaks before. One was my roommate in college and unless you can also weigh over 235lbs ripped to shreds while eating hamburgers and only working out occasionally, then the freak label doesn’t apply to you. Ben White is impressive but I am not sure “freak” fits him.

Other than that, few people can pull that off. Ronnie Coleman deserves way more credit than he gets for what he did in those videos. The man should be a living legend yet instead he gets called an idiot and made fun of by supposed “fans” of bodybuilding.

He has claimed previously he doesn’t do deadlifts.[/quote]

That’s impossible. You NEED deadlifts.

Dieting down doesn’t just mean low energy levels, it also means that you are more prone to injuries. Setting PRs weeks out from a show is impressive, but also very dangerous. I’ve read that at a certain level of low body fat it becomes very difficult to even balance heavy weights as the supportive tissue surrounding your joints is depleted, maybe someone like Dafreak or someone else who’s competed can chime in on whether that’s true or not.

In the end I think they have to weigh the possibility of getting hurt performing a low rep freeweight exercise with whether it will help them on stage, and most take the more cautious route in order to stay healthy up to the competition.