Ben White's Back

he has certainly caused his muscles to hypertrophy.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
That 505 BP is weak considering I’ve seen him do 700!

He did 505 for 9 reps. I wouldn’t call that weak compared to his max.

Yeah, I posted before your other post showed up.

So, uh, I retract my previous statement along with my tail and will stand over there facing the corner in shame.[/quote]

fixed.

:slight_smile:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Cameo pic…with some pale dude.

It looks like I need to work arms some more.[/quote]

So many things off about the guy in the picture with Ben.

I bet the white guy actually is the prof! Busted!!!

I’ve not seen forearms like those since Serge Olivia.

did you guys see his mdtv training video? I doubt he built much of his mass training that way

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
did you guys see his mdtv training video? I doubt he built much of his mass training that way[/quote]

Which video are you referring to?

Really great forearms …but don’t compare to Oliva, please!rs

I don’t know if you guys know, but Ben and Johnnie Jackson are having a lift off at the Olympia, so they will not be competing in the actual BB comp, but they will do a bench/deadlift competition to earn the tittle of the strongest IFBB Pro.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
did you guys see his mdtv training video? I doubt he built much of his mass training that way[/quote]

If you mean this video, he is dieting. Few people aside from Ronnie Coleman are trying to hit new personal records when feeling like shit from no carbs and completely depleted.

browndisaster wrote:
did you guys see his mdtv training video? I doubt he built much of his mass training that way

If you mean this video, he is dieting. Few people aside from Ronnie Coleman are trying to hit new personal records when feeling like shit from no carbs and completely depleted.[/quote]

Do they low-carb for contest prep?

[quote]trextacy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
browndisaster wrote:

If you mean this video, he is dieting. Few people aside from Ronnie Coleman are trying to hit new personal records when feeling like shit from no carbs and completely depleted.

Do they low-carb for contest prep?[/quote]

Are you serious? Yes, that is how pros have dieted down for decades. In the last few weeks or even months, saturated fat is a big no-no as well.

[quote]matso1236 wrote:
I don’t know if you guys know, but Ben and Johnnie Jackson are having a lift off at the Olympia, so they will not be competing in the actual BB comp, but they will do a bench/deadlift competition to earn the tittle of the strongest IFBB Pro.
[/quote]

I think Ben will win the bench comp, but Johnnie’s going to own him in the deadlift (especially if Ben truly doesn’t train that lift). Will probably be pretty interesting to see how their totals match up.

who will win squat?

my guess is Johnnie.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Dude’s a tank. What’s his comp weight?

I’m surprised that you’re not calling bs on his 505x9 bench.

Just kidding :slight_smile:

He competed as a superheavy in the NPC a year or two ago I think. Not the same as an IFBB superheavy, of course.

I think he’s 5’8 and used to weigh 240 or a little above in bb contest condition in 2007, not sure how big he is now,

Btw, here’s another image of his back (probably what you were looking for, X?)… http://www.thebiguniverse.com/showstopper/page9.jpg

[/quote]

That back shot is unreal.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
who will win squat?

my guess is Johnnie.[/quote]

Pretty sure it’s just a push pull comp. Squatting is for losers/functional people.

trextacy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
browndisaster wrote:

Are you serious? Yes, that is how pros have dieted down for decades. In the last few weeks or even months, saturated fat is a big no-no as well.[/quote]

By “low-carb” I meant the standard “low-carb, high-fat” approach (ketosis, fat for fuel) approach. My understanding was that many pros would lower both carbs and fat (e.g. tuna and water diet, or chicken breast w/ iceberg lettuce and red wine vinegar). I’ve also seen plenty of contest prep diets that are purely low fat (40/40/20) with carbs kept decently high until of course the last week or 2 where things change a bit.

Why do they cut saturated fat? So its all fish and chicken during contest prep?

[quote]trextacy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
trextacy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
browndisaster wrote:

Are you serious? Yes, that is how pros have dieted down for decades. In the last few weeks or even months, saturated fat is a big no-no as well.

By “low-carb” I meant the standard “low-carb, high-fat” approach (ketosis, fat for fuel) approach. My understanding was that many pros would lower both carbs and fat (e.g. tuna and water diet, or chicken breast w/ iceberg lettuce and red wine vinegar). I’ve also seen plenty of contest prep diets that are purely low fat (40/40/20) with carbs kept decently high until of course the last week or 2 where things change a bit.
[/quote]

A lot of pros eat a s-load of carbs while dieting, look at jay cutler for example. Most guys just clean up their calories and eat about the same calories as off season, they just do a lot of cardio to create a deficit and cut up. Don’t forget we’re talking about 250-260 CONTEST READY PHYSIQUES!! Not 260 off-season and not-so-lean 210 come contest day.

[quote]JoabSonOfZeruiah wrote:
Why do they cut saturated fat? So its all fish and chicken during contest prep?[/quote]

Nah most guys will eat red meat up until the week before the show, it helps keeping you full - when you’re muscular enough your body will use the calories!! Basically, chop off a bodybuilder’s arm and you have a boned steak - not a chicken breast. See the picture? I say eat the animal you want to look like!