Bagsy's Training Log

You have earned the right to brag a long time ago IMO

1 Like

I’ve been a good morning squatter for my entire lifting career lol. I didn’t care about it at all until last year, when people here suggested maybe it’s held back my squat. I’m not looking for advice on it anymore; I think I’ve fixed it “enough” at this point

I don’t compare myself to anyone. My lifting frustrations stem from my own snail’s pace of improvement. No one is responsible for it but me. I try to not spend time whining about it, and obviously I’m trying to try in training. I don’t mean to lead people down these rabbit holes

No worries. It’s an interesting topic. Do you happen to use the word “just” a lot in everyday conversation?

I honestly don’t really talk about lifting weights with anyone in real life. I think lifting has made me a more generally confident person than I was years ago. But I genuinely feel that I am already a realist here, even if others disagree. I can assure you that I am at least proud of myself in most of my other hobbies though, if that’s any consolation.

I appreciate all the concern. Again, i don’t mean to be difficult or to fish for pity. I suppose it’s worth reconsidering my self-analysis

3 Likes

Its quite possible. I’ve never watched for that one. Another submissive keyword?

In some cases, “just” expresses hesitation or undermines a task’s difficulty or importance.

4 Likes

BBB C1W3D4

50 pushups

Deadlift
125x5
160x5
180x5
205x5
160x5x10

SSB BSS 70x13,10,10 (hello week’s worth of DOMS)

BB Curl 50x16, 45x15

50 band pull aparts

“Fun” track workout 500m (1:55) → 400m (1:30) → 300m (1:07) → 200m (:40) → 100m (:20). Unfortunately rolled my foot during 800m cooldown. Hopefully it’s nothing.

I barely pulled five reps on the top set. I did the BBB sets belted even though I thought I could have gone beltless, but still DOH. At least those still moved really fast. 165x5x10 should be easy on the next 5/3/1 week based on how today went. 210x5 scares me more than the BBB sets.

6 Likes

Bags, that last video you posted of your front squats is probaly the best visually looking set of squats we’ve seen from you thus far!

You’ve come far in the last year, imagion how perfect you back squat current back squats 1RM will look for reps in another 5!

Give yourself some credit! They where great front squats. And , from what i can see, you get ALOT less pelvic tilt when preforming your front squats compared to your back squats.

Can save the pelvic tilt argument for another thread but IMO and my personal experience, the more pelvic tilt I personally 'had’m i found the less my core was braced, the tighter my hips where and the more i was prone to good morning squatting.

1 Like

8/3
3 mile run 24:20
50 band pull aparts

My legs killed, and my foot still felt a little off. But the temperature was 10-15 degrees lower than normal, which helped immensely.

8/4

BBB C2W1D1

70 pullups

Press
35x5
45x5
50x5
57.5x5
45x14,12,13,12,13

Standing ab wheel progression 6,6,8,6

50 band pull aparts
Lots of lateral and front raises

100 cal assault bike 11:58

8/5 AM

BBB C2W1D2

Dips 16,15,12

3x3 jumps

Front squat
35x5
85x5
100x5
85x5x10

SA BB Row +55x2x12
KB swing 25kgx41
40 band pull aparts

8/5 PM

6 hill sprints
1 mile cooldown 8:19

The hill sprints did not feel like total agony, thanks to kinder temperatures. It was nice for something to feel that way.

Leg DOMS from Sunday still lingering… today is Friday. Survived the week thanks to so much mindblowing new music releases.

Also have to ramble after catching up on the Olympics. I don’t think I’ve voiced my opinion much on strength sports. Anyway, by far the coolest strength sports are Strongman and weightlifting. I don’t really “follow” any lifters, but I like Mattie Rogers. 138 kg is a crazy amount of weight to lift overhead, but the fact that she gained so much bodyweight, barely enough to meet her intended weight class’s cutoff, and competed alongside her much heavier competitors is almost equally remarkable. Sucks that she didn’t perform as well as she would have liked. I hope she can return to the next Olympics and lift in her preferred weight class.

The men’s 400m hurdle final was awesome as well.

5 Likes

BOOM! That’s impressive.

1 Like

No, we are trying a different tactic.

70 is no good. 80 would have been better.

2 Likes

Maybe…

2 Likes

Watching the Olympics is some of the best motivation

It makes me sort of miss the pressure of being an athlete.

And it makes me, like many others, want to pretend I am a sprinter. I always find that a little funny.

2 Likes

LOL, I can sprint a solid 20 second 100M! Think I should try out next Olympics cycle?

2 Likes

Ha, my 100m time isn’t much better. I don’t think that would have been my event had I ever dabbled in track and field, though.

Maybe there’s probably a track and field club for adults near you.

The coaches were super harsh this year. I can’t remember ever seeing so many red lights.

Edit: JUDGES not coaches ffs

1 Like

I didn’t see every group’s highlights, but I did get that impression, even if I don’t watch much weightlifting in my free time. :woman_shrugging:

C2W1D3

45 pull ups

Bench
35x7
67.5x5
77.5x5
87.5x11
67.5x20

Standing ab wheel progression 2x8
Dragon flag 12,10

SA KB Press
Top shell+3kgx10,9
Top shell+2kgx11

75 band pull aparts

5 Likes

C2W1D4

50 pushups

Deadlift
125x4
145x5
165x5
185x5
160x5x10

Goblet squat 24kgx18,15,10
BB Curl 50x17,12

Jumps and 10x100m sprints at the track

160 moved like 135 today. This makes me confident I can pull 170x5x10 on week three, which will be awesome.

I also got some bloodwork done yesterday. I stop getting bloodwork through a PCP because it’s way too expensive :expressionless: Some results are still pending – very curious about vitamin D. My thyroid results are a bit meh as always, but on the bright side my cholesterol is fantastic.

3 Likes

How are you doing the standing ab wheel progression? Wanting to work towards one myself

I don’t know how effective it is, but I basically start from the standing position and roll out as far as possible that way. Then I eventually have to finish the full ROM from the knees. From then I start rolling the wheel backwards, on my knees, to a point where it is challenging yet doable to return to standing.

I like this better than rolling to the wall like much of the Internet suggests, but I imagine a ramp would be even better. Ross Enamait is the best ab wheeler I’ve ever seen and has tons of YouTube videos on ab wheel progressions and variations.

2 Likes