Bagsy's Training Log

2/10
DW D5D2+3
Pull-ups 9,7,7,7
Push press 62.5x10x10; two-minute rest
3x20 BPA
BB curl 35x29,26

20-minute run

I strung together what I could before my flight. I’m at this very long and draining conference that isn’t even in a likable location. The food and logistical circumstances aren’t good. I am eating forkfuls of peanut butter as I write this. I also slept for probably no more than two hours last night. I can’t wait to go home.

I think I have to move on from DW next week. I pushed hard for a few weeks, which is what I wanted. I think I will start a three-day 5/3/1 program. I have to free up time for work and language studies again.

9 Likes

Yep! You still have it?

Kicking butt as always.
I can’t imagine how others see you at this conference, and how that compares to how you see yourself, and how that compares to how WE see you, mainlining PB in the bathroom between presentations in your fancy clothes or whatever just wishing you weren’t there!!!

2 Likes

I actually don’t because the drive on my previous computer failed, and I lost a lot of old emails.

Hahaha, exactly! I’m not presenting anything this time – I feel kind of bad about this, but at least there’s less pressure so I can just hang out. Absolutely looking forward to coming home. I’m thankfully not the only one complaining about the food situation though…

1 Like

Do you still use the same? If so I’ll send you a message.

1 Like

Funny sardine story. My 5-year old niece loves sardines and I told her that I love them too. At Christmas, she was SO excited for me to open my present from her. When I opened it, it was 4 boxes of Matiz brand sardines. I was excited, she was excited and the whole thing was hilarious to everyone who watched it play out. :rofl:

5 Likes

Yep!

Thank you for brightening my day. If only my family were kind enough to have introduced me to sardines at such a young age…

3 Likes

I honestly don’t recall ever eating sardines in my life. Can anyone describe what they taste like?

Smoky, lightly oily from the olive oil and brine they’re typically packed in, a little lighter and flakier than salmon.

Describing food flavors is tougher than I assumed.

3 Likes

Light fish with spicy mustard up front and an umami chaser.

Very good!

4 Likes

2/15
AM
C1W1D1
3x8 pull-ups
Front squat 85x5, 95x5,105x5, 95x5x5
4x10 push-ups
Goblet squat 22kgx2x15

PM
Two-mile run 14:58

Starting over today after returning from an exhausting weekend late Monday night. The squats were light. I must say that I feel an immense weight lifted from my shoulders now that I don’t have any DW workouts. This is very much needed in my life right now.

11 Likes

2/17
C1W1D2
2x9 pull-ups
Push press 55x5, 65x5, 70x11, 65x5x5
5x4 standing ab wheel
SA BB row +45x22
2x25 BPA
35 six-count burpees in 4:17. My cardiovascular fitness is so much better than my ability to do push-ups, so this is more of a strength movement :skull:

11 Likes

2/18
20-minute run + five hill sprints en route to work

8 Likes

2/19
C1W1D3
4x8 pull-ups
Press 42.5x5, 47.5x5, 55x15, 60x7
Deadlift 145x5, 165x5, 185x5, 200x3
50 push-ups
10 minutes with 80# sandbag
BPA

12 Likes

2/20
Hilly 20-minute run

8 Likes

This is serious work.

1 Like

Someone just asked me to help move furniture. This is it. I’ve made it. :rofl:

11 Likes

Not owning a truck really adds some extra weight to this compliment

3 Likes

2/22
C1W2D1
Pull-ups 9,8,7,8
Front squat 85x5, 100x5, 110x5, 100x5x5
5x20 BPA
SA KB Press 12kgx3x12
Goblet squat 22kgx2x20

Last night was a mess. Work beat me up, I came home late, and then I had a terrible headache. I collapsed into bed pretty early and slept for maybe nine hours or so. I woke up feeling simultaneously refreshed and lethargic, and then I did this. Interesting times.

13 Likes

2/23
Hilly two-mile run 15:12

10 Likes