Bagsy's Training Log

Well, I’ve been taking 10,000 IU of vitamin D per day instead of my usual 5,000 IU :sweat_smile:

I don’t really know why training is going so well right now.

2 Likes

Congrats on the PR - you are on fire right now it seems.

1 Like

No doubt it is your unstoppable optimism.

3 Likes

Hey I reread your post and you mentioned the possibility/likelihood that what we’re dealing with is still attachment issues. Maybe the last question on this for a while - if that’s the case, do you recommend anything (other than outside therapy) to help promote attachment?

And I’ll just say (not saying it’s not attachment issues) that since we had the new baby I feel like attachment is up. Way up. I’ve seen true empathy, care, and other emotions really shine through; and if internally she felt she “didn’t belong” I think having the baby, and she was part of our family first, helps her understand that she DOES belong. IDK though.

I could be entirely wrong. I could be projecting my own feelings in a more dramatic way. That’s why seeing a professional is best to identify the cause. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share this here, or if I’ve shared it with you in the past, but this document has strategies and external resources that could help.

1 Like

No link appeared. But you sent me some helpful things on RAD in the past! I’ll review them assuming it’s the same thing.

Really? Nothing appears if you click on “this document” in the post? Otherwise I can share another way

It works, thanks! The link wasn’t highlighted and didn’t look like a link so I just missed it. Cool trick! Will read this.

1 Like

OG C1WD2/3

50 pullups

3x3 jumps

Front squat
35x5
90x5
100x3
115x12 PR
90x15

Bench
35x8
77.5x5
90x3
100x1 (oof…)
85x8

3x20 band pullaparts
55 pushups

2 mile run 15:47

Today was weird. Still feeling very beat up from that single deadlift set, yet the fatigue affected me more on bench than squats. I think I had a few more in me on front squats. I expected 5-6 reps on bench. After figuring it was an off day, I dropped down to 85, and that also went terribly. I skipped single leg/core but might make it up early tomorrow morning.

I also think my mindset waned. I rushed through this because my dad, whom I haven’t seen in a year, is in town this weekend, so I wanted to zoom through everything. Also haven’t properly deloaded in a long time.

10 Likes

Another PR up in here! Nice work.

1 Like

Because I almost never post food pics here:

Very indulgent meal, and I ate it all. Not pictured are an avocado salad and maduros. I love Central American food. My dad and his partner thought it was the best meal they’ve had in the past years. I rarely eat out, but when I do, I have good taste.

3 Likes

Freaking amazing

1 Like

Big meals always knock me out. I slept 9.5 hours last night.

We ended up doing a charity walk per my dad’s partner’s suggestion, which surprised me. I ended up walking about nine miles, or two laps around a decent park. Nothing hilly but didn’t matter because it was for a good cause and a nice way to think about nothing for a while – no music, no one talking to me.

My dad is so out of shape that I wondered if he would even finish. I don’t mean that to be smug. It worries me, but there isn’t much I can do.

6 Likes

OG C1W3D4

50 pullups

Press
35x5
47.5x5
52.5x3
60x9 tied PR
65x1
75x6 push press
80x3 push press
47.5x15

Standing ab wheel progression 8,9,7
Kneeling ab wheel 20

Lateral and front raises

5x20 band pull aparts

2 mile run 15:58

Very pleased with how today went. I rarely can press 60 for more than five or six reps. I’m pretty sure the PR I tied is 4-5 years old (I don’t lie when I say my overhead strength has been stuck for a while).

Life timed out pretty well with the end of the cycle coinciding with a long weekend out of town. I intend to take a full week off from lifting, which I think could do me good. I expect to do a lot of walking at my destination and may even squeeze in a “real” hike if I am not too afraid to go solo.

I think I will do one or two more cycles of this, then probably BBB again. These last couple months have been the best my training has gone in a long time, so it might not be a bad idea to not fix what isn’t broken.

11 Likes

All these PRs are getting a little boring, try to “wow us” with something next time.

1 Like

Don’t worry, knowing me I’ll probably be whining about something again soon.

Will probably need more time to know for sure, but I think the push presses, even though I’m technically challenged on those, and single arm KB presses make a bigger difference than more pressing.

4 Likes

There, fixed it for you.

1 Like

As always, great things happening here. Enjoy the time away!

Well, I hope I can press 60 for 9 reps more than twice in my life. Glad you are more confident on that than me

Thanks! Sadly not a vacation but will be good to leave town at least :sweat_smile:

I just got back from several days in DC. I didn’t do any lifting, of course, but I am physically and mentally drained. Maybe not the best way to spend a deload…

Firstly, I walked. So much. At least a half marathon every day. On one of the days I broke a step record after walking 19 miles (> 40k steps). My back feels broken. What a relief to simply sit at home and type this. I don’t remember the last time I’ve been this exhausted.

On top of that physical stress, I wasn’t there for a getaway. Instead I had an appointment there for which I spent a long time preparing – probably over a year or so. I was terrified. It’s one of the weirdest and biggest things I have done in a while, and I’m really proud of myself for going alone and putting myself in such an uncomfortable and unforgettable situation. It all worked out, so thankfully I didn’t travel for nothing!

Still, I took a long weekend because I had never been before. It was so much fun to check out some of the sights. Too many things to see in such little time, sadly. I was a big fan of the area. It’s the first time I traveled to a new destination in… almost three years? Need to go back sometime. It was a nice time besides being harassed on public transit this morning :slight_smile: I love solo travel.

I’lll try to recuperate the next couple days and then start the next cycle. I’m going to see if I can squeeze out any more PRs, riding the highs from last cycle. Also still working on the 400m run and need to figure out when to test that.

8 Likes