Ask a Psychopath Anything

I wouldnt ever consider going to get a formal diagnosis. Why put a label on what i and others (from when i was less adept at hiding it) already know? all a formal diagnosis would do is work against me.

Trying to diagnose public figures is a stretch. There are too many unknown factors. I’ve gotten reasonably decent at detecting it in people I know in real life though. We tend to either get along well or get along superficially well but avoid each other and do our own thing.

its hard for me to swallow the moral systems that religions uphold. all i can see is a tactic used for population control. makes it hard to believe in organized religion. i dont really have much interest in the existence of lack thereof of a higher power.

as far as killing people goes, it would depend on the reward and my inclination at the time. i’d imagine cleaning up afterwards would be a pain in the ass.

i’d say i can experience intimacy on a pretty shallow level, but i get bored real quick. as i said, i dont see whats so strange about what i live for. i live to have the cushiest existence possible and experience a lot of things. not experiencing deep romantically inclined feelings of intimacy isnt that big of a deal when you dont know what its like anyway. i bet the 40 year old virgins that want intimacy but cant get it have a much harder time and most of them still find reasons to live.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I thought psychopaths or sociopaths were highly intelligent. Your grammar is atrocious. [/quote]

He sets the high functioning bar pretty low.

[quote]beardgoggles wrote:
So many questions… I’ll try and address a few.

I dont give a fuck what you do with the clumsy pieces of shit that you think are psychopaths. They can pay the price for being too stupid to hide it.

I would say its a product of both genes and your experiences. More genes in my case I think but theres definitely both involved. I’ve always felt emotion differently than everyone else. I wouldn’t say that most people like me are totally emotionless but that we interpret emotion very differently. I tend to be much more analytical than emotional anyway. I cant speak for the very extreme cases. And yes, this includes love. The experience part comes in with my experiences with other people. You arent born knowing how to hide it you have to learn it. And being too open leads to bad experiences which only confirm whats in your nature. You just learn to hide it better to adapt.

Why do I keep on living? Why would I kill myself? Do you people really experience so much gratification from love that its your sole purpose for being? Even if it is it doesnt matter because you cant miss what youve never had. You find things you enjoy that are worth living for. I’d imagine that its much worse for somebody who wants love but cant get it. Those people are the ones to ask why they keep on living.

I rarely cry. When I do its pretty much a tool to get the reaction I want. I can cry on command on the rare occasion that it is appropriate to do so.

And you can call this thread attention-seeking all you want. I dont really care what you think it is though that wasnt my intention. I can get plenty of attention in the real world if I want it. I created this thread for my leisure and I’m attending to it at my leisure. Its more that I dont go around advertising this and I was curious what regular people would ask if they knew.[/quote]

Your fear of openness and intimacy seems more like self guarding against previous hurt or a lot of pain. That is an ego defense mechanism most “normal” people can go through. Who are you comparing yourself too? Do you know these other cases? How much of this do you know is absolutely true?
When or how did you come to the process or conclusion you were a psychopath?

Were you clinically diagnosed by a medical professional? Is there possibility this is nothing more then thoughts/beliefs in your head, the idea of you, others, and the world around you? Did you know that you are more then a collection of ideas in the mind? Sometimes, are things more untrue or unauthentic then we care to admit?

…even close? Maybe?

…probably…most definitely!

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

…even close? Maybe?

…probably…most definitely![/quote]

Pretty funny, considering your avatar, Slainge. Of course, I don’t know if anyone would contest the proposition that Technoviking is a psychopath.

So far this is a huge let down of a thread. Had high hopes.

[quote]comus3 wrote:
Bullshit. Prove you’re a psychopath then start your thread. I’m a fucking volcano ask me about lava [/quote]

This had me laughing.

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

…even close? Maybe?

…probably…most definitely![/quote]

Holy shit! This is pretty much how I looked in the early 90’s, but I wouldn’t have been caught dead in anything but black jeans and true combat boots, docs were for posers. I was so proud of my E. German trench I’d wear it until it was too hot to breath.

OP, I still need you thought on jeans, total swole here.

We tend to either get along well or get along superficially well but avoid each other and do our own thing.

[/quote]

So… You mean like the vast majority of other humans get along with others?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

We tend to either get along well or get along superficially well but avoid each other and do our own thing.

[/quote]

So… You mean like the vast majority of other humans get along with others?[/quote]
Snowflake…sigh

VT Baller, is that you ?

You dirty swine, why have you been keeping that sweet stuff from me honey ?

You need to stop fighting it, and just let that shit happen.

If your dad died would you cry at his funeral?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
VT Baller, is that you ?

You dirty swine, why have you been keeping that sweet stuff from me honey ?

You need to stop fighting it, and just let that shit happen.[/quote]
Nah he’s too smart and has a wife.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[i]DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria For Antisocial Personality Disorder

A. There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15, as indicated by three (or more) of the following:

1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest.

2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure.

3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead.

4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults.

5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others.

6. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

Among those criminals with Antisocial Personality Disorder few ever make it into old age, because of a abnormally high rate of early death from suicide, homicide, accidents, and complications of drug and alcohol abuse.[/i][/quote]

This describes practically every action/adventure movie hero ever.

What’s the most psycho thing you’ve done?

How do you bring a psychopath/sociopath down?

Are all psychopaths as boring as you or are you an exception?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[i]DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria For Antisocial Personality Disorder

A. There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15, as indicated by three (or more) of the following:

1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest.

2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure.

3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead.

4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults.

5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others.

6. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

Among those criminals with Antisocial Personality Disorder few ever make it into old age, because of a abnormally high rate of early death from suicide, homicide, accidents, and complications of drug and alcohol abuse.[/i][/quote]

This describes practically every action/adventure movie hero ever.[/quote]

As a action/adventure movie hero myself I resemble that remark.
[/quote]

Well, think about it: who matches more of the traits listed above? McMurphy from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, or Indiana Jones?

Each of them fucked a fifteen-year-old girl, and yet whereas one (who was, by the way, also a grave robber and mass murderer) is a respected college professor and agent of US Military Intelligence, the other (who committed no other crimes than statutory rape) ended up in a psych ward, got shock treatments, a frontal lobotomy, and ultimately smothered with a pillow by Third Ruffian.

Call me crazy, but that hardly seems fair.