Are You A Vegetarian?

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
MrJoshua,

You obviously haven’t read the article very well (if at all) because you don’t know what you are talking about.

It’s simple. Less animals die from a diet that consists of grass-fed beef than a vegan diet. That is the assertion, you can type a lot of nonsense but you can’t seem to address this simple assertion.[/quote]

well as a vegetarian, i would just like to throw in my two cents on this issue. as the more intelligent and concerned people have mentioned, there are lots of ways to live your life while being considerate of the well-being of animals. but, bee dude or whatever your name is, do you really care? or do you just need to pick a fight? because there ARE people who really care and have done a great deal of research to try to do the best thing, so maybe you could step off your pedestal long enough to realize that you bitching about what’s ultimately “right” may come off as a bit asshole-ish.

seriously, why don’t you just scratch your balls and sniff while you’re at it? give people a break and don’t give ignorant beefy but possibly more well-meaning guys like yourself a bad name. to everyone else, do what you think is best and trust your own judgement. it got you this far.

[quote]AZMojo wrote:
When you say vicious predator, are you speaking about the people who get pushy at the butcher’s counter? Because, that’s about as close to predatory as people are nowadays.
[/quote]

really? people are slaughtering each other all over the fucking world and the worst behavior that you can come up with is impatience waiting in line?

humans are a ruthless war like species…or haven’t you noticed?

it doesn’t make it wrong either…it makes us significantly more intelligent than other species (for better or worse)…

humans thrive on an omnivorous diet…

when all humans are dead…

[quote]
So, your stance is that beef cattle, or whatever, are treated humanely? Please elaborate.[/quote]

yes…humans are brutal and selfish…

so, humane = not a good thing…

[quote]Massif wrote:

This website is populated by athletes powerlifters and bodybuilders. That population probably eats three times the amount of meat that a regular dude does, purely to get their protein requirements. Therefore, although there are vegies here, they are pretty scarce. A vege isn’t going to start such a thread unless he wants a flame war.

On other websites, such as PETA and Govege and what not, it is the opposite situation. A meateater would be given the treatment over there if they started this thread (if they were even allowed to start it).

I would expect it here, just as I would expect the opposite over there.[/quote]

You’re absolutely right. You wont catch me posting on those sites (or reading them for that matter). I dont even have any vegetarian friends, aside from my girlfriend (I dont deal well with hippies :). But I lift wieghts just like everyone else. I want to be big and strong just like everyone else. Just because I am in the minority doesnt mean I’m not going to speak my mind. I’m going to everytime I see a post about it, even though I expect the treatment.

I have a lot of people ask me how I got big when I dont eat meat. I work my fuckin ass off. So I am going to yell until people understand that maybe you should give props to the big strong veggies instead of giving them shit.

[quote]mrjoshua wrote:
I have a lot of people ask me how I got big when I dont eat meat. I work my fuckin ass off. So I am going to yell until people understand that maybe you should give props to the big strong veggies instead of giving them shit.[/quote]

In all honesty, if you prove that you are big and strong while being a vege, you will get both props and shit. Mike Mahler still gets a ribbing about it.

There are a bunch of veges on here who do good work (Mike, Senseless and Proteinpowder) and while their achievements get props, them being a vege does not.

The majority of the posters on this site see being a vege as a hinderance to what the vege is trying to do. For whatever reason, the majority of veges are purposely making it harder for themselves to reach their goals. You get props for what you achieve, but not by making it harder for yourself.