Are You A Vegetarian?

Beebuddy:

Find a post where a vegetarian instigated some anti-meat conversation. We arent sanctimonious, we just want to be allowed to do our thing without having to constantly put up with assholes who havent researched the topic nearly as much as we have. I dont eat soy, and last time I checked mice were not ground up to make it. And you dont harm just one animal. Last time I checked chickens only have 2 wings. Do you only eat 2 buffalo wings when you go to Hooters. I know I didn’t.

And I may come around. If I ever find a farm where I can actually see that the animals live decent lives, I may start to eat meat again.

And to all you vegetarians that beebuddy gave props to who dont dont speak up, you’re a bunch of pussies.

btw nice post nomancer

By the way, I love when you guys bring up shit that get me fired up. I read this right before going to the gym and had an awesome workout. :slight_smile:

[quote]mrjoshua wrote:
By the way, I love when you guys bring up shit that get me fired up. I read this right before going to the gym and had an awesome workout. :)[/quote]

I’m prepared to eat a cute cuddly cow before every one of your workouts if it means helping another lifter succeed…

so, before every one of your workouts, imagine a cruel heathen like me chowing down on an adorable moo moo steak and by this time next year you could be the world’s strongest veggie boy…

good luck!

[quote]mrjoshua wrote:
Beebuddy:

Find a post where a vegetarian instigated some anti-meat conversation. We arent sanctimonious, we just want to be allowed to do our thing without having to constantly put up with assholes who havent researched the topic nearly as much as we have. I dont eat soy, and last time I checked mice were not ground up to make it. And you dont harm just one animal. Last time I checked chickens only have 2 wings. Do you only eat 2 buffalo wings when you go to Hooters. I know I didn’t.

And I may come around. If I ever find a farm where I can actually see that the animals live decent lives, I may start to eat meat again.

And to all you vegetarians that beebuddy gave props to who dont dont speak up, you’re a bunch of pussies.

btw nice post nomancer[/quote]

You might be a bit confused.

No one is preventing you from eating whatever you want, or not eating whatever you want in this case. However, as there is still free speech in this country (barely in some ways) it’s anyones right to comment on what you are NOT eating.

By all means, keep avoiding meat as that’s what you want to do. But those of us who think it’s unhealthy, odd, overly dramatic etc. have the right to speak up.

You can not like it, or ignore it, whatever.

MrJoshua,

You obviously haven’t read the article very well (if at all) because you don’t know what you are talking about.

It’s simple. Less animals die from a diet that consists of grass-fed beef than a vegan diet. That is the assertion, you can type a lot of nonsense but you can’t seem to address this simple assertion.

P.S.

"“last time I checked mice were not ground up to make it.”

You didn’t check, the college professors that wrote the article did.

P.S.S.

To the “ethical” pricks reading this getting their hearts broken, wake the fuck up. The whole topic of this thread centers around a creative way to KILL LESS ANIMALS! That and playfully taking a few jabs at numbnuts that identify with their “ethical” diet.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
MrJoshua,

You obviously haven’t read the article very well (if at all) because you don’t know what you are talking about.

It’s simple. Less animals die from a diet that consists of grass-fed beef than a vegan diet. That is the assertion, you can type a lot of nonsense but you can’t seem to address this simple assertion.[/quote]

I’m goinna have to disagree with the article, tho the premise is sound.

A few reasons:
-they could have taken bad statistics
-they could have used faulty logic to justify one of their points which, while everything else following it is sound, is based on a faulty premise
-really, one mouse is important as one cow? that’s like saying don’t kill a fly or a bee if your a vegetarian because then you’ll be a hypocrite

I do agree though, that wild and hunted meats are the best. I also disagree with the people who say that humans can’t digest meat. What the hell is that supposed to mean. If you think about it, we are actually should eat meat, as it takes more effort to get complete protein sources if you are a vegetarian (and I’m not just talking about people who are looking to gain muscle). More effort in getting the basics leads to reduced productivity, which leads to reduced economic growth!!!

There, I just justified why vegetarians are bad for the economy. All that’s left is to say that being a vegetarian leads to drug use, and vegetarianism is a form of terrorism.

“”-really, one mouse is important as one cow?“”

A valid point, one I am no position to answer.

Another valid point is that non-organic farming techniques that are used to produce vegetarian protein sources are extremely bad for animals in the environment.

Take a look at the “dead zone” caused by fertilizer run-off into the Mississippi river.

And I bet more vegitarians look for organic foods than non-vegitarians do.

Wow!

That may be the farthest reaching argument against vegan diets that I’ve seen. This dude is seriously saying that field mice subsequently killed by predators due to the harvesting of crops are equivalent to beef cattle killed for the sole purpose of consumption. The really sad part is the small army of people who are rallying behind it.

Ethical vegetarians choose not to eat meat because they do not want to be directly responsible for the inhumane treatment and needless slaughter of food animals(surely nobody is going to argue that the animals are treated humanely, right?). They are not, however, dillusional enough to think that animals don’t die in this world. If an animal dies because of predators, or a tractor tire, that does not change the intent of vegetarianism. After all, vegans don’t stop driving cars because they may someday run over a mouse. It’s stupid to suggest that vegans are hypocritical. They are doing their best to preserve life. What’s wrong with that?

For the record, I’m a flexitarian(primarily ovo-veg, with occasional free range/wild-caught meats).

[quote]AZMojo wrote:
Ethical vegetarians choose not to eat meat because they do not want to be directly responsible for the inhumane treatment and needless slaughter of food animals(surely nobody is going to argue that the animals are treated humanely, right?). They are not, however, dillusional enough to think that animals don’t die in this world. If an animal dies because of predators, or a tractor tire, that does not change the intent of vegetarianism. After all, vegans don’t stop driving cars because they may someday run over a mouse. It’s stupid to suggest that vegans are hypocritical. They are doing their best to preserve life. What’s wrong with that?
[/quote]

hmmm…

allow me to clarify something…

humans are vicious predators, it’s in our nature…we are the most efficient killing machines of any known animal species…

therefore, the animals ARE being treated humanely…

plus, little bbq’d cows taste good…

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
MrJoshua,

It’s simple. Less animals die from a diet that consists of grass-fed beef than a vegan diet. That is the assertion, you can type a lot of nonsense but you can’t seem to address this simple assertion.[/quote]

What about the mice that get squished by stampeding herds of cattle! No one counts them!

They deserve a voice too, even if it is all squeaky and makes you want to step on their heads. Wait, that may be why the cows do it. Kill the mice!

(yes, I’m being a goof)

Ok… for the people getting fired up about field mice being equal to a cow. WTF! Where do you draw the line? If you think humans are equal to cows, then shouldn’t cows be equal to field mice. Taking it further, why shouldn’t field mice be equal to insects then. Insects are alive too. Plants can be considered alive, since they “eat”, grow, and reproduce. You’re “killing” plants everytime you eat a vegetable or fruit. If you only eat the seeds, or fruit of a plant, aren’t you in essence devouring their young? And if you’re sick and take a course of antibiotics, isn’t it immoral to deny those bacteria a life?

Yes sounds ridiculous doesn’t it? So does comparing a human to a cow. We are meant to eat meat. Same with a lion. Are lion’s immoral for being carnivores? Should we force a vegetarian diet on them so they can be more moral? Good fucking luck… lol I’d like to see anyone try that. And for that matter, I’d like see anyone try and forcefeed a vegetarian diet on me as well. :slight_smile:

“We are all equal. Just some people are more equal than others.” :stuck_out_tongue:

A weak argument against the veggie lifestyle, but an argument none the less. At the end of the day vegetarians and vegans are all flakey hippies anyway. Beef…it’s what’s for dinner.

I like eating dead animals. I don’t care if other people don’t want to, unless they start burrowing up my ass about it.

Humans are omnivores, designed to eat both meat and plants. Denying yourself of that does not make you better than me. It does not make me better than you. It means that you made your choice and I made mine. Get over it.

I did read the article, and all it was doing was attempting to disprove the “Least Harm Principle”. It doesn’t try to prove that vegetarianism is stupid, which you are.

Yes we do have free speech in this country. I also have the right to get pissed and voice my opinion. It seems like people today only speak up when they have the majority backing them, and I like to make waves anyway.

I was waiting for someone to bring up that humans are vicious by nature. I dont, but some of you may, get this uncontrollable urge to run down a deer and eat it to death. I dont know that we were “meant” to eat anything, but I think we were “meant” to adapt, and that is why we are on top of the food chain. We needed to eat meat to get as far as we have, it was necessary for survival. But do we really need to now? If meat is so good for us, why cant we eat it raw like all the other carnivores? I dont think there is much that is “natural” about humans anymore. If there was we wouldnt call nature vacation, we would call it home.

I’m not trying to change anyones mind, I have just done a lot of research about it over the 5 years I’ve been vegetarian. I like when people post opposing opinions, but I hate it when people make retarded comments like the first 6 or so posts just to flex their nuts.

And by the way, I’m not a goddamn hippie. I cant stand hippies, I just dont eat meat and I dont think its stupid.

[quote]Massif wrote:
I like eating dead animals. I don’t care if other people don’t want to, unless they start burrowing up my ass about it.

Humans are omnivores, designed to eat both meat and plants. Denying yourself of that does not make you better than me. It does not make me better than you. It means that you made your choice and I made mine. Get over it.[/quote]

Well said, but when was the last time you saw someone start a thread talking about how eating meat was stupid? Maybe the meat eaters are the ones need to get over it.

[quote]mrjoshua wrote:
Massif wrote:

Humans are omnivores, designed to eat both meat and plants. Denying yourself of that does not make you better than me. It does not make me better than you. It means that you made your choice and I made mine. Get over it.

mrjoshua wrote:
Well said, but when was the last time you saw someone start a thread talking about how eating meat was stupid? Maybe the meat eaters are the ones need to get over it.[/quote]

This website is populated by athletes powerlifters and bodybuilders. That population probably eats three times the amount of meat that a regular dude does, purely to get their protein requirements. Therefore, although there are vegies here, they are pretty scarce. A vege isn’t going to start such a thread unless he wants a flame war.

On other websites, such as PETA and Govege and what not, it is the opposite situation. A meateater would be given the treatment over there if they started this thread (if they were even allowed to start it).

I would expect it here, just as I would expect the opposite over there.

[quote]DPH wrote:
hmmm…

allow me to clarify something…

humans are vicious predators, it’s in our nature…we are the most efficient killing machines of any known animal species…

therefore, the animals ARE being treated humanely…

plus, little bbq’d cows taste good…[/quote]

When you say vicious predator, are you speaking about the people who get pushy at the butcher’s counter? Because, that’s about as close to predatory as people are nowadays. Just because we’ve figured out how to “efficiently” kill billions of animals each year, with only a handful of us actually having get our hands dirty, doesn’t make it right, or particularly good for us. When do we get to a point, as a species, where we strive to live with nature instead of proving we can conquer it?

So, your stance is that beef cattle, or whatever, are treated humanely? Please elaborate.