Anyone Watching The Shield?

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
snipeout wrote:
Shane dies, he has to. Vic and Ronnie end up south. Anyone else not like Claudette? I couldn’t stand her for 7 seasons.

Claudette sucks!! I hate the holier than thou attitude. Has she even contributed anything to a case on her own?

[/quote]

Not without Dutch boy. On a side note, wow an attractive woman who watches The Shield!

First off…I am going to sell my television after this show is done. I don’t have anything else I’m remotely interested in watching on a regular basis.

That being said, Michael Chiklis said in an interview in Entertainment Weekly that the final episode is gonna make you “shit or go blind”. I can’t wait to see what they have come up with, but that’s one reason I love this show so much…they constantly surprise.

And for those who might be worried, Shawn Ryan (the creator) promised that the ending WOULD NOT be like The Sorpranos. He said he hated that ending, and he wasn’t going to do that kind of crap to his fans.

I’m sad to see the show go, but it has been one hell of a run. Best show on network TV.

I read something about Ryan saying how some folks might compare his ending to the Sopranos’ ending. Now, I never watched the Sopranos (dont watch much tv), but The Shield has been the only show I intentiaonally go out of my way to watch, and I’ve been sitting on the edge of my seat the last few weeks just wondering what the hell’s gonna happen. You have to remember, that although we love Mackey, and in most cases, could argue that the ends justify his means,… he’s not a moral character at all.

It does make you wonder just who of the gang will make it out by the show’s end… I miss Lem -lol

S

My last guess(which is probably wrong) is that everyone except Vic bites it one way or another, or the cartel gets Vic, or I DON’T know and can’t wait another week. I just hope Claudettes lupus kills her before she can have the satisfaction of busting Vic. Shane is a dirt bag and I hope he gave his wife the HIV.

I think Vic is going to end up putting all his cards on the table and rolling with the Mexican mafia.

While I hate to see Vic go, the guy has done some serious fucked up shit. I’m still kinda pissed off that he hung Guardo up by a chain, beat him to death, then buried him out in the middle of nowhere.

And speaking of Shane, his stupidity knows no bounds. It’s mostly all his fault that there in this mess, he couldn’t shut the fuck up with Armenians and almost got everyone killed, and he couldn’t even keep his hitman in line. Not to mention the bullshit in Season 4 with Antwon Mitchell. I hope someone shoots him in the mouth with a 12-gauge with Mara standing behind him.

And I agree with the holier-than-thou attitude of the rest of the Barn. Julian is really starting to grate, the guy is so fucking clean cut it’s sickening.

I think the reason I’m getting mad at the characters (how fucking weird does that sound) is that the entire Barn has been riding Vic and the Strike team since it was formed. And without those quarterly stats Vic gave Claudette with that Mexican murder case, her ass wouldn’t be Captain right now. Vic, a bad guy he may be, has done a lot of favors for people and he gets shitted on in return.

God damn this is a great fucking show.

2 shows left, and they said that next weeks show will setup the finale, looks like something happens to one of the “good guys” in the barn, maybe dutch gets killed? Vic’s wife kills herself? Who knows, I only know that they sure are not leaving any fucking clues for us.

I don’t think I’ve ever truly sat on the ‘edge of my seat’ like I have with this show over the years. It’s interesting to see the faces from loose ends show up in the last season, even if only for a few minutes.

S

After last night show, it will be interesting on how it ends.

Seems like everyone is on a breaking point in the show and people will either crack or give up. I had assume that someone will die, but who knows now.

Vic and his deal, Shane and his wife. Claudette seems like she will do something horrible and regret it. Seems like someone will die in the last show.

Just better not be a Sopranos ending.

I think Mara is going to die, I don’t know if Shane is going to kill her to “stop her pain” or if she is going to OD on pain pills.

It looked to me as if Vic kills himself next week! Tell me that isn’t so!

it was chilly to see the return of ice-Vic. When he went on and on about all of his crimes.

I also kind of blame Corinne for some of this.

I have no idea what is going to happen with Ronnie.

I think the teen boy is going to kill Dutch

and somehow Claudette needs to die.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

I think Mara is going to die, I don’t know if Shane is going to kill her to “stop her pain” or if she is going to OD on pain pills.

It looked to me as if Vic kills himself next week! Tell me that isn’t so!

it was chilly to see the return of ice-Vic. When he went on and on about all of his crimes.

I also kind of blame Corinne for some of this.

I have no idea what is going to happen with Ronnie.

I think the teen boy is going to kill Dutch

and somehow Claudette needs to die.
[/quote]

Here is what I think will happen in the final show.

Mara will either die or Shane calls the cops on her, and tells them she did nothing wrong and she only tried to protect him. Shane flees and leaves the US.

Boy kills his mom, Dutch arrested him, finds a way to get him to confess to killing his mom and high school kid.

Ronnie? Who knows, he will either flee, die or gets taken down for the whole thing and he pays the price for Vic’s work.

I dont see Vic dying, I think the immunity will stick and he works for the FEDS and continue his ways.

Claudette, I think she will had enough, and leaves the force.

It did look like Vic gets arrested in the bust he is part of, but since he is working for the feds, he is free to go, and if he does die, he will be killed from a member of the Cartel.

I loved his confession scene, he was stone cold, like ice was running thru his veins. His lasts words to the girl, “I’ve done worse things”

I definitely expected something to be ‘amiss’ with the pills Shane picked up.

and seeing Claudette break down was great (never liked her-lol)

S

Anyone refresh me as to why Vic needed to confess all that crap to the Feds? Can’t recall where it was brought up in the show why he needed to do that.

It was part of his immunity deal with the feds, he had to confess to everything he did, and if something comes up and he is part of something in the past, then his immunity will be voided and he can be prosecuted for the crimes.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I definitely expected something to be ‘amiss’ with the pills Shane picked up.

and seeing Claudette break down was great (never liked her-lol)

S[/quote]

This is why i think Claudette will leave the job, she can’t get Vic for the crimes and its too much for her to deal with anymore.

One last thing I think that may happen is that Claudette will kill Vic. After all the crimes he did, and after the drug bust, he will be home relaxing and she will stop by and kill him. End of show.

It could happen. :wink:

[quote]BradyZ wrote:
One last thing I think that may happen is that Claudette will kill Vic. After all the crimes he did, and after the drug bust, he will be home relaxing and she will stop by and kill him. End of show.

It could happen. ;)[/quote]

I’m glad you aren’t Shawn Ryan, because that ending fucking blows.

you know… Claudette could kill Vic…

I still think the daughter is going to play a part in things. I mean Vic’s daughter, Cassidy.

Mara is definitely going to die.

Ronnie is the wild card.

Something tells me the bust doesn’t go down right and Vic goes down for failing to fulfill his end of the deal. Shane turns himself in and keeps Mara out of it.

I have a weird feeling that Claudette lets Ronnie know Vic signed the immunity deal and Ronnie is the monkey wrench in the bust. I also think Ronnie is the only one who gets away.

Dutch dies at the hand of the lil’ dahmer. Corrine gets a pass.

Sorry OG, I don’t think Cassidy has a hand in anything.

Yeah. I feel pretty bad about Ronnie being left hanging. He was always damn loyal to Vic.

S

I thought it was so great when Vic was confessing and Claudette heard everything she’d always expected but couldn’t do anything. I too think something will go wrong with the bust and it will viod Vics contract.