T Nation

Anyone Watching The Shield?

Anyone watching this season?

Fuck me its intense.

didn’t know the new season started yet, thanks

I am crazy in love/lust for Vic Mackey and always have been!

it is such a good show!

I think they are going to have to kill him as this is the final season.

I also think he is being trapped by the blonde chick

hope they kill him

I want Vic to take me to Vegas

what a great line he gave to that defender at his hearing

LMAO! Methinks October girl wants Vic to ride her hard and put her away wet.

Honestly I had a bunch of theories about how this season was going to end but after tonights episode and the preview’s for next week a lot of them are out of the water.

Ronnie’s gonna fucking kill Shane. Gloves are off now.

I’ve always said this was the best show on television (not on HBO) and it’s definitely proving me right this season.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Anyone watching this season?

Fuck me its intense.[/quote]

Is that #7?

I have 1-6 on DVD, will have to wait for it to (hopefully) screen here (UK).

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
LMAO! Methinks October girl wants Vic to ride her hard and put her away wet.

Honestly I had a bunch of theories about how this season was going to end but after tonights episode and the preview’s for next week a lot of them are out of the water.

Ronnie’s gonna fucking kill Shane. Gloves are off now.

I’ve always said this was the best show on television (not on HBO) and it’s definitely proving me right this season. [/quote]

Looks like Shane is going to try to get Ronnie knocked off. I really figured he would go for Vic first, but apparently he knows that Ronnie hates him way more.

This show is getting insane.

Love The Shield, I don’t think they can end the series any other way than Vic coming out on top. He has made through everything, I think it would be a dissapointment if he got busted in the end.

Maybe he has a spot at ICE after this joint venture…

[quote]snipeout wrote:
Love The Shield, I don’t think they can end the series any other way than Vic coming out on top. He has made through everything, I think it would be a dissapointment if he got busted in the end.

Maybe he has a spot at ICE after this joint venture…[/quote]

I was actually thinking that.

I don’t think you can kill him. That would mean someone got the drop on him, and the fucker is too cunning to be caught by any of the dimwits on the show.

Vic Mackey’s one tough s.o.b. but he’s more vulnerable than some of you see. You forget he’s been duped TWICE by the same cracked out hoe. She’s made him do his bidding the same way EACH TIME. I think he’s torn between killing Shane and saving Shane.

Regardless, it’s an amazing show and Vic is the man but he’s not invulnerable. I think he has way too many things he’s trying to take care of at the moment and is way too distracted to come up with the perfect plan. With that being said, I can’t wait to see what happens next week … I want to see Ronnie kill Shane. But I think Shane’ll get the drop on him first.

PS I miss Lem

Best damn show on T.V… Can’t belive this is the last season.

If you like The Shield, check out Sons Of Anarchy. It’s David Sutter’s new gig.

I haven’t read anything in this thread cause I don’t want to know what happens yet. I’m waiting for my new job to start, so I’m on a “Shield Binge”. Currently watching season 4. Should be on 5 by Fri.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
If you like The Shield, check out Sons Of Anarchy. It’s David Sutter’s new gig.
[/quote]

SOA is good as shit. It will fill in nicely after the Shield ends.

Only problem is, I knew how the first season was going to end after the first episode: Jax is going to figure out that Clay was responsible for his dad’s death. Then he’ll kill him and be the new president. Ron Perlman is too big of a name to be on that show for more than one season.

I want to fuck Peg Bundy though. She is hot as hell as Gemma. Total cougar.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Vic Mackey’s one tough s.o.b. but he’s more vulnerable than some of you see. You forget he’s been duped TWICE by the same cracked out hoe. She’s made him do his bidding the same way EACH TIME. I think he’s torn between killing Shane and saving Shane.

Regardless, it’s an amazing show and Vic is the man but he’s not invulnerable. I think he has way too many things he’s trying to take care of at the moment and is way too distracted to come up with the perfect plan. With that being said, I can’t wait to see what happens next week … I want to see Ronnie kill Shane. But I think Shane’ll get the drop on him first.

PS I miss Lem[/quote]

I think Vic is losing it as well. This thing with Danny is just more evidence that all the walls the guy has built around himself are crumbling. He always thought he was a good dad that did everything he could for his kids, now Cassidey is running around like a little whore. He always thought he was a good partner and friend, then he almost gets Shane killed, and Lew is already dead. He always thought he was a good cop, now his department is forcing him out. I think the season either ends with him behind bars or in a ditch.

I would love it if it turned out differently though. The guy has done a lot of fucked up shit, but he’s done 100x more good than bad, and most of the bad shit was done with the good as the end goal. I can respect that.

I think he’s been vilified by the Claudette who represents the moral and ethical high ground of the show and always has. Vic has always had good intentions for about 98% of the things he’s done and always had been done with good intentions, but now all the shit heap he’s piled up is about to fall on him … His outlook had been the end justifies the means, but I really think that if they’re going to take him out in the end, they’ll take him out in a big way…The character deserves that much…

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I think he’s been vilified by the Claudette who represents the moral and ethical high ground of the show and always has. Vic has always had good intentions for about 98% of the things he’s done and always had been done with good intentions, but now all the shit heap he’s piled up is about to fall on him … His outlook had been the end justifies the means, but I really think that if they’re going to take him out in the end, they’ll take him out in a big way…The character deserves that much…[/quote]

Not for nothin guys, but I think you’re idealizing Vic’s character a bit.

He’s a bad guy. An unrepentant, brutally violent, vindictive bad guy.

It started out that the ends justify the means, but now his character is so far in the shit that he just has to keep going now.

The Armenian money train? Not exactly justifying- it was for profit. Lem’s death was his fault, directly, for initiating that kind of job.

Yet, I admire him anyway. Kind of like Tony Soprano. You just can’t help it.

He’s a always been a philosophical conundrum for me.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
polo77j wrote:
I think he’s been vilified by the Claudette who represents the moral and ethical high ground of the show and always has. Vic has always had good intentions for about 98% of the things he’s done and always had been done with good intentions, but now all the shit heap he’s piled up is about to fall on him … His outlook had been the end justifies the means, but I really think that if they’re going to take him out in the end, they’ll take him out in a big way…The character deserves that much…

Not for nothin guys, but I think you’re idealizing Vic’s character a bit.

He’s a bad guy. An unrepentant, brutally violent, vindictive bad guy.

It started out that the ends justify the means, but now his character is so far in the shit that he just has to keep going now.

The Armenian money train? Not exactly justifying- it was for profit. Lem’s death was his fault, directly, for initiating that kind of job.

Yet, I admire him anyway. Kind of like Tony Soprano. You just can’t help it.

He’s a always been a philosophical conundrum for me.[/quote]

his saving grace is he is a loyal and good friend

I’d want an affair with him or a one nighter but I would not want to be under his sphere of influence for long

I am so bummed that they are ending the show. I guess it’s better to end it while it’s still good, but damn, I’m gonna miss it.

Of course Vic & the strike team are the main focus and I love all that is going on there, but I also like the lesser characters and their stories - Dutch is a great detective, Claudette & her health issues. Asaveda (sp?) and his bid for mayor. Danni & her battle with Vic over Lee. And so on. They could keep going with this thing for several more seasons, I’m sure.

I’m just going to enjoy this season while it lasts.