Anybody BUT....???

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Problem is - this “system” will continue until “conservatives” start ignoring the demagogues and start demanding legit candidates from the ranks.[/quote]

An orthodox conservative will have a difficult time being accepted into either of the Parties as they exist today. [/quote]

I personally think conservatives need to split off into their own party (or two parties). [/quote]

The barriers that have been created by the major parties make something like this an incredible challange…I suspect it would take several generations to get any traction. [/quote]

Absolutely.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
Train is starting to come off the tracks. Incoming derail.[/quote]

PULL UP!! PULL UP!![/quote]

Is it possible to not let this turn into “Abortion Thread 1,375,575”?

Or is it too late?

Mufasa

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Problem is - this “system” will continue until “conservatives” start ignoring the demagogues and start demanding legit candidates from the ranks.[/quote]

An orthodox conservative will have a difficult time being accepted into either of the Parties as they exist today. [/quote]

For instance?[/quote]

That’s the ‘rub’ isn’t it Push. People with those qualities don’t gravitate toward politics. Why should they put themselves through the ‘grinder’ when they can do just as well for themselves; or better remaining in the private sector. [/quote]

OK, since you didn’t list an example please define “orthodox conservative.”[/quote]

One that does not use the ‘power of the state’ to control the behavior/business of others in all but DIRECT/SPECIFIC ‘force or fraud’ situations.

[quote]knee-gro wrote:

Right now, I don’t see any Republican that should be POTUS. Hillary is a raging carpet muncher who for years tormented her man and refused to give him head, but is still preferable to these numbnuts.

[/quote]

Sorry, but that is just a really stupid thought.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Is it possible to not let this turn into “Abortion Thread 1,375,575”?

Or is it too late?

Mufasa[/quote]

It depends. I will agree to not respond to pushharder and usmccds423 if you pay me one million internet dollars.

As to the thread topic:

Anyone but Jeb, last name will sink him. The culture war has been lost, and if turnout is decent he goes in flames.

I assume Hil will draw about 80-90% of what Bam did, as she isn’t as much of a rock star. But 2 or 3 swing states will put weed on the ballot, and it will be all over. We’d be better off had she won 8 years ago anyway.

I find it ironic that a woman pushing for equal rights and pay for women, took money from countries who treat women like the family dog (or worse).

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

I assume Hil will draw about 80-90% of what Bam did, as she isn’t as much of a rock star. But 2 or 3 swing states will put weed on the ballot, and it will be all over. We’d be better off had she won 8 years ago anyway. [/quote]

I still think Hillary will do poorly in a general election, and the Democrats know this and so the Democrats won’t ever let her become the candidate for the general election.

But, ya, Hillary in 08 would have saved us a lot of trouble. Obama was a poor choice for the job. All talk and no actual power behind his persona.

On topic- Honestly, I’d have anyone but Rick Santorum. That man scares me a little. Maybe it’s because he’s Catholic.

If Thrillary is not the nominee, then who is ? Elizabeth Warren ? Anyone here think she could beat Jeb ? If that’s what it comes down to, get ready to start talking about Bush 3

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
If Thrillary is not the nominee, then who is ? Elizabeth Warren ? Anyone here think she could beat Jeb ? If that’s what it comes down to, get ready to start talking about Bush 3[/quote]

Great question, amd probably worth a thread of its own.

I think Hillary will be, but if not her, I don’t think Warren will. But Warren is not to be underestimated - she says a lot of populist things about rescuing the country from Big…well, Everything that resonates with a lot of people. She is also incredibly focused on pocketbook and economy issues, which whether you agree with her policy proposals or not, she is speaking to the most salient issues of the day to the middle class.

Jim Webb has put his name out there. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Bill Richardson sniffing around. His op-ed activity has been up of late.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I find it ironic that a woman pushing for equal rights and pay for women, took money from countries who treat women like the family dog (or worse). [/quote]

This is also strange to me…I don’t get why the militant feminists don’t go after these countries for treating women as subhuman.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
If Thrillary is not the nominee, then who is ? Elizabeth Warren ? Anyone here think she could beat Jeb ? If that’s what it comes down to, get ready to start talking about Bush 3[/quote]

Great question, amd probably worth a thread of its own.

I think Hillary will be, but if not her, I don’t think Warren will. But Warren is not to be underestimated - she says a lot of populist things about rescuing the country from Big…well, Everything that resonates with a lot of people. She is also incredibly focused on pocketbook and economy issues, which whether you agree with her policy proposals or not, she is speaking to the most salient issues of the day to the middle class.

Jim Webb has put his name out there. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Bill Richardson sniffing around. His op-ed activity has been up of late.[/quote]

Deval Patrick would have been a decent candidate if he didn’t go full on shitburger his last couple years.

He really went full Obama at the 2012 convention, and I don’t see that playing well after 8 years of it.

[quote]magick wrote:

On topic- Honestly, I’d have anyone but Rick Santorum. [/quote]

I wouldn’t worry about it. He’s too socially conservative to get the funds to compete in the primary, let alone the general.

The republicans need a minority woman to run, just to neutralize the “republicans are racist and sexist” argument which seems to be the only line of a reasoning from the left/media.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
The republicans need a minority woman to run, just to neutralize the “republicans are racist and sexist” argument which seems to be the only line of a reasoning from the left/media. [/quote]

Mia Love is a Black Female Utah Representative in the House (that I think spoke at the last GOP Convention). She is always on the list of “rising stars” in the Party.

1. I heard her speak, and she makes me wonder about her “political chops”.

2. I just don’t see her making it though the Primary (even though I don’t think she has any intention of running).

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
The republicans need a minority woman to run, just to neutralize the “republicans are racist and sexist” argument which seems to be the only line of a reasoning from the left/media. [/quote]

Mia Love is a Black Female Utah Representative in the House (that I think spoke at the last GOP Convention). She is always on the list of “rising stars” in the Party.

1. I heard her speak, and she makes me wonder about her “political chops”.

2. I just don’t see her making it though the Primary (even though I don’t think she has any intention of running).

Mufasa[/quote]

She’s very green still. I “like” her on facebook, and she is no Justin Amash thats’ for sure.

Time will tell. She’ll likely be fine, and a party dandy, but she is quite a few cycles away from executive ready.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Condi could do the job. If she wanted it.[/quote]

She would be able to skirt a lot of the typical leftist jabs except the “but Bush” syndrome. That would take some work.

Her abortion views, which I’m personally very willing to set aside as I’m not a single issue voter re: abortion, will kill her though.

Anyone know her stance on the 2nd? I refuse to support any antigun politico ever again. Scott Brown left a taste in my mouth that will never fade.