T Nation

Anybody BUT....???


#1

Herman "999" Cain was a Clear Frontrunner

Guys:

I'm starting to get this "vibe" that things are heading in the same direction for the GOP when it comes to the Presidential Primary.

Many of you recall that almost every week, there was a different frontrunner (I think that it started with Michelle Bachmann...). The Unofficial Rallying Cry became: "Anybody but Romney..."

Is this GOP Primary going to turn into "Anybody but Jeb"?

It's starting to seem that way.

Thoughts?

Mufasa


#2

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Herman “999” Cain was a Clear Frontrunner

Guys:

I’m starting to get this “vibe” that things are heading in the same direction for the GOP when it comes to the Presidential Primary.

Many of you recall that almost every week, there was a different frontrunner (I think that it started with Michelle Bachmann…). The Unofficial Rallying Cry became: “Anybody but Romney…”

Is this GOP Primary going to turn into “Anybody but Jeb”?

It’s starting to seem that way.

Thoughts?

Mufasa
[/quote]

I hate to say it Muf, but if the amnesty goes through…there will be 5 million additional Dem voters and that could very well be the difference.

The GOP has no clear message, conservatives are now labeled “racist” and “big money” when the reality is…we just want fiscal conservative values. I am a social liberal, unlike many here…all I want is secure borders and a balanced budget.

I will vote for the candidate who follows these tenets, unfortunately no GOP candidate can win a primary with just these beliefs. Because that’s racist…apparently.

/kicking radical muslim ass is just a bonus.


#3

Jeb, Christie, Romney are a no go. They’re practically Democrats.

Palin, Huckabee, Trump, and Cain are a no go. They have all been SUCCESSFULLY smeared by the media.

Rick Perry is out because of his pending legal situation, whether anything happens or not.

Ben Carson is out with no political background.

Jindal is out. The media will find a way to smear him. There is nothing they hate more than a disobedient brown man (which is too bad because I would like to see more of Allen West.)

So what do we have left? A four man primary between Walker, Rand, Rubio, and Ted Cruz. Could we all be content with that? I could.

(Don’t anyone bring up the name Santorum like its even a rational thought.)


#4

“…Trump, and Cain are a no go. They have all been SUCCESSFULLY smeared by the media…”

I’ve got to disagree with you here, alrightM…

Trump opens his mouth and does a good enough job of smearing himself…

And poor Mr. Cain had a weakness that has befallen men throughout recorded history…white women with big boobs…

Mufasa


#5

…Walker, Rand, Rubio, and Ted Cruz…

This is interesting.

As I stated in another thread; Walker is going to have to start articulating some positions.

(Is Santorum considering another run?)

Mufasa


#6

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
"…Trump, and Cain are a no go. They have all been SUCCESSFULLY smeared by the media…"

I’ve got to disagree with you here, alrightM…

Trump opens his mouth and does a good enough job of smearing himself…

And poor Mr. Cain had a weakness that has befallen men throughout recorded history…white women with big boobs…

Mufasa

[/quote]

Yeah, Trump is a joke. Shouldn’t have lumped him in that category. Not to mention his positions change with the wind.


#7

Interesting thoughts by the commentator.

(I have to admit that is was also kind of interesting to have a Conservative Commentator playing “O.P.P” by “Naughty By Nature” in the background!)

I’m down with that!

Mufasa


#8

Great businessman. But it showed last time he didn’t really know his stuff on foreign policy and a number of other things. He’d probably be better than Jeb in many ways but I don’t think he’s really up to the job of POTUS. Then again, he’s way more qualified and more life experience than Obama was.


#9

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:
Jeb, Christie, Romney are a no go. They’re practically Democrats.

Palin, Huckabee, Trump, and Cain are a no go. They have all been SUCCESSFULLY smeared by the media.

Rick Perry is out because of his pending legal situation, whether anything happens or not.

Ben Carson is out with no political background.

Jindal is out. The media will find a way to smear him. There is nothing they hate more than a disobedient brown man (which is too bad because I would like to see more of Allen West.)

So what do we have left? A four man primary between Walker, Rand, Rubio, and Ted Cruz. Could we all be content with that? I could.

(Don’t anyone bring up the name Santorum like its even a rational thought.)[/quote]

I suppose that’s not too bad. My order of preference would probably be:

Cruz

Walker

Paul / Rubio. There’s a few things I don’t like about Rubio and a few more about Paul that concern me. But as I’ve said I think Paul would be better in many ways than Jeb Bush. His epic filibusters have been pretty good for the most part. I like how he filibustered Brennan’s nomination.


#10

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:
Palin, Huckabee, Trump, and Cain are a no go. They have all been SUCCESSFULLY smeared by the media.
[/quote]

They don’t need the media to acomplish that, they smear themselves every time they open their mouths. Trump is the biggest joke of those, but seriously, Palin?
What about Huckabee? Haha. Aren’t you tired of being the world’s laughing stock, you wanna have a President called Huckabee now?

Perry is a felon, people with such questionable morals shouldn´t even be President of a book club, let alone a nation.

Carson, well, I like that he thinks there should be more regulation on semi-automatic
guns, but other than that, his views are too far right, evolution be damned.

Jeb isn’t as bad as the others but nothing vote worthy, seems incomptetent, and Christie is one big fat joke.

I kind of liked some things about Rand Paul, like he seems flexible and tolerant enough on a number of things (immigration for example) but I doubt his sincerity on such issues.

Right now, I don’t see any Republican that should be POTUS. Hillary is a raging carpet muncher who for years tormented her man and refused to give him head, but is still preferable to these numbnuts.


#11

Bush would be the no-brainer, if he had a different last name. Executive experience? Electability? Ability not to sound like a madman when a microphone is put in his face? All checks. His resume is probably the best of the bunch, and and he is the most electable, but for his name. I think a lot of middling voters will reject him based on the last name.

Doesn’t mean I like him the best, or that I would support him (or a Republican candidate, period). But I think all the others are just pretenders, except for maybe Walker. The GOP doesn’t have any blue-chippers. Or any that are willing to throw in for 2016, perhaps is the better way of putting it.


#12

[quote]knee-gro wrote:

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:
Palin, Huckabee, Trump, and Cain are a no go. They have all been SUCCESSFULLY smeared by the media.
[/quote]

They don’t need the media to acomplish that, they smear themselves every time they open their mouths. Trump is the biggest joke of those, but seriously, Palin?
What about Huckabee? Haha. Aren’t you tired of being the world’s laughing stock, you wanna have a President called Huckabee now?

Perry is a felon, people with such questionable morals shouldn�´t even be President of a book club, let alone a nation.

Carson, well, I like that he thinks there should be more regulation on semi-automatic
guns, but other than that, his views are too far right, evolution be damned.

Jeb isn’t as bad as the others but nothing vote worthy, seems incomptetent, and Christie is one big fat joke.

I kind of liked some things about Rand Paul, like he seems flexible and tolerant enough on a number of things (immigration for example) but I doubt his sincerity on such issues.

Right now, I don’t see any Republican that should be POTUS. Hillary is a raging carpet muncher who for years tormented her man and refused to give him head, but is still preferable to these numbnuts.
[/quote]

You are a fucking idiot. Go away.


#13

Will Jeb’s last name really matter that much? I’m not so sure. It’s been almost 8 years after all and American voters seem to have pretty short term memories.

My gut says Jeb will be the Republican front runner and ultimately win the nomination. I still think Hillary will be POTUS and it isn’t going to be because she’s the best person for the job, which is a shame, imo.

I would like to see Carson get involved in MD politics to flesh out his stance on various issues. He’s a bit of an unknown at this point. Then make a run in 2020 if he has Presidential aspirations.


#14

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Will Jeb’s last name really matter that much? I’m not so sure. It’s been almost 8 years after all and American voters seem to have pretty short term memories.

My gut says Jeb will be the Republican front runner and ultimately win the nomination. I still think Hillary will be POTUS and it isn’t going to be because she’s the best person for the job, which is a shame, imo.

I would like to see Carson get involved in MD politics to flesh out his stance on various issues. He’s a bit of an unknown at this point. Then make a run in 2020 if he has Presidential aspirations. [/quote]

I would never vote for another member of the Bush family. They have done so much damage to our country it’s unfathomable. From “read my lips” to the Patriot act. FUCK the Bush family. It’s a bad seed.

The name alone would get Hillary elected for sure.


#15

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Will Jeb’s last name really matter that much? I’m not so sure. It’s been almost 8 years after all and American voters seem to have pretty short term memories.

My gut says Jeb will be the Republican front runner and ultimately win the nomination. I still think Hillary will be POTUS and it isn’t going to be because she’s the best person for the job, which is a shame, imo.

I would like to see Carson get involved in MD politics to flesh out his stance on various issues. He’s a bit of an unknown at this point. Then make a run in 2020 if he has Presidential aspirations. [/quote]

I would never vote for another member of the Bush family. They have done so much damage to our country it’s unfathomable. From “read my lips” to the Patriot act. FUCK the Bush family. It’s a bad seed.

The name alone would get Hillary elected for sure. [/quote]

I’m not saying you’re wrong. All I’m saying is that most voters are relatively uninformed and have short term memories. Old people, who vote in droves, also seem to like him since he managed to win the Florida gubernatorial race, twice.

The last name may carry a negative connotation for some. It’s also a household name unlike Carson, Huckabee, Paul, etc… I think that will count for something.


#16

[quote] usmccds423 wrote:

My gut says Jeb will be the Republican front runner and ultimately win the nomination.

[/quote]

Yes, I think that was finalised back in the 60’s at a Bilderberg Group meeting. Prescott’s fascist take over may have been foiled by Smedley Butler but they still manage to stay in power all this time.


#17

Question for those who don’t like the potential GOP choices -
Who would you like to see running that you think would have a realistic chance of winning AND doing a good job?


#18

[quote]treco wrote:
Who would you like to see running that you think would have a realistic chance of winning AND doing a good job?

    [/quote]

Haha. Why do I feel like the answer to those questions are two very different people?


#19

[quote]treco wrote:
Question for those who don’t like the potential GOP choices -
Who would you like to see running that you think would have a realistic chance of winning AND doing a good job?

    [/quote]

Additional: How different will your life or the country be in 2020 if Hillary Clinton becomes the President instead of the Republican candidate you believe will win the nomination?


#20

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]treco wrote:
Who would you like to see running that you think would have a realistic chance of winning AND doing a good job?

    [/quote]

Haha. Why do I feel like the answer to those questions are two very different people?[/quote]

Touche, but T Roosevelt, G Washington et al are unavailable

I guess I am curious why we let kids with no experience like Cruz dominate the conversation, instead of finding proven leaders and ‘recruiting’ them. We find faults with all of the candidates because they haven’t ever done a damn thing but be politicians, flowery orators, and grifters.