Anaconda Sighting

[quote]Charles3264 wrote:
does somebody really knows when its coming out?..Do you think for this summer???[/quote]

Guys, every time one of you posts asking about Anaconda, Tim Patterson hits a new PR in the gym. Stop it!

He must be hyooooooge by now!

It has got to be pretty soon because some other companies are jumping on the Casein Hydrolysate wagon. I would imagine Biotest wants to get theirs out before the rest of the pack starts pumping this stuff out… From what I’ve heard this seems like the next big step in maximizing workout nutrition and just like Whey, Creatine, and Leucine have all had their moment in the spotlight, Casein Hydrolysate looks to be next in line.

I think this will be a quality supplement. It will not be the ‘new’ MAG-10.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
I don’t give a shit about Anaconda, but bring on that Curcumin supp![/quote]

Actually, out of all the Biotest supplements in his protocol, Dave Tate likes Curcumin the best. He feels a huge difference in recovery and pain levels.

Could curcumin be taken supplementally, as in sprinkling some turmeric on food? Or would the amount required be too much to be realistic to get the effect? As a recommendation by the Poliquin staff, I did try his Curcumin C3 supplement after surgery to help with recovery and I did notice that I healed faster than previous surgeries.

Come on Biotest, hurry up and let’s get this gravy train going !

[quote]esk221 wrote:
I don’t give a shit about Anaconda, but bring on that Curcumin supp![/quote]

So you would rather have denatured red pepper extract (so it doesn’t burn to much) than protein powder ?? shrugs different strokes.

[quote]winkroar3 wrote:
esk221 wrote:
I don’t give a shit about Anaconda, but bring on that Curcumin supp!

So you would rather have denatured red pepper extract (so it doesn’t burn to much) than protein powder ?? shrugs different strokes.[/quote]

It would help to know something before posting.

You have been criticized for this same problem before, elsewhere, by many.

Curcumin is not from red peppers.

Why, at the time of considering replying to a thread, do you not feel restrained by not knowing what you are talking about?

[quote]winkroar3 wrote:
esk221 wrote:

So you would rather have denatured red pepper extract (so it doesn’t burn to much) than protein powder ?? shrugs different strokes.[/quote]

Curcumin is not related to red pepper in any way. It’s the active component of turmeric, the yellow spice found in curry powders and used as a colouring in many varieties of mustard. Turmeric is a rhizome and is related to ginger.

Turmeric has been in use in aryuvedic medicine, in particular to combat inflammation, arthritis, and for general good health, for about 4,000 years. It’s also widely used in Indian and south Asian cooking. It’s thought that it becomes more bioavailable when “carried” in oil e.g. as when frying (in oil) the spice base for a curry.

One of the challenges when producing a curcumin supplement would be to make it more bioavailable. Adding bioperine works, but bioperine can amplify the effects of other medications, causing a potential inadvertent overdose of say, a cholesterol-lowering or high blood pressure medication that a person is also taking.

It will be interesting to see how Biotest has dealt with the bioavailability issue.

Ive got both Anaconda and the Curcumin. I can say that I wasn’t told to not discuss the Anaconda, but only that I cannot disclose what’s in it. I can say that the ingredient profile is impressive, and it really is a hell of a supplement. As for the Curcumin, I am intending to start taking it tomorrow. If you guys have any questions, I’d be more than happy to answer though.

Jason

Here’s my short “review” of Anaconda.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=98107&tid=162

Jason

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
winkroar3 wrote:
esk221 wrote:

So you would rather have denatured red pepper extract (so it doesn’t burn to much) than protein powder ?? shrugs different strokes.

It would help to know something before posting.

You have been criticized for this same problem before, elsewhere, by many.

Curcumin is not from red peppers.

Why, at the time of considering replying to a thread, do you not feel restrained by not knowing what you are talking about?

[/quote]

I think there is a study out there that claims that curcumin absorption is ridiculously enhanced by some pepper extracts.

Apparently it was this one:

Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, Majeed M, Rajendran R, Srinivas PS. Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta Med. 1998 May;64(4):353-6.

It seems to have been financed by a piperine producer though.

There are also concerns that piperines might not only increase the bioavailability of curcumin but also other stuff like drugs or supplements.

[quote]cakewalk wrote:
winkroar3 wrote:
esk221 wrote:

Curcumin is not related to red pepper in any way. It’s the active component of turmeric, the yellow spice found in curry powders and used as a colouring in many varieties of mustard. Turmeric is a rhizome and is related to ginger.

Turmeric has been in use in aryuvedic medicine, in particular to combat inflammation, arthritis, and for general good health, for about 4,000 years. It’s also widely used in Indian and south Asian cooking. It’s thought that it becomes more bioavailable when “carried” in oil e.g. as when frying (in oil) the spice base for a curry.

One of the challenges when producing a curcumin supplement would be to make it more bioavailable. Adding bioperine works, but bioperine can amplify the effects of other medications, causing a potential inadvertent overdose of say, a cholesterol-lowering or high blood pressure medication that a person is also taking.

It will be interesting to see how Biotest has dealt with the bioavailability issue.[/quote]

beat me to it.

Well, Curcumin is out today with piperine, so we’ll see how that works.

[quote]orion wrote:
cakewalk wrote:
winkroar3 wrote:
esk221 wrote:

It will be interesting to see how Biotest has dealt with the bioavailability issue.

beat me to it.
[/quote]

Looks like they went with the Bioperine.

Ta da - it has arrived: Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

yup and the next product to be out will be…Anaconda…hahahahah

So judging on all this, could there be a superprogram involving Curcumin/Anaconda/Alpha-GPC? Obviously there’d be more to it than that, but I kinda like the idea of them releasing new supplements all designed around specific superprograms.

I wouldn’t necessarily say NO products are useless. However, I would say they’re not worth the money. It’s kind of like if you were building a car, what would you be more concerned about, the engine or the paint?

I really like the new Alpha-GPC. I’ve been using this for well over 2 years. Excellent product. I stacked it with several other nootropics, and they worked extremely well for me with regards to mental performance. As far as strength/physique, I’m not really sure yet. A couple of studies have shown possible benefits, but it’s nothing definitive.

Extremely excited about Anaconda. I’ve been using Surge for well over 2 years. I absolutely love it. In fact, I like it so much I’ve been purchasing it from Biotest even though I own my own supplement store, and can get virtually every other supplement at cost. The convenience, quality, and taste makes it so appealing.

Hopefully, Anaconda will fill my pre and during-workout nutrition. I’ve been using my own with great success, but it’s a pain. I need a convenient, all-in-one product.

On the one hand, you love Surge Recovery, but on the other hand, it sounded desirable to you to have an “all in one product.”

Anaconda deliberately does not supply carbs, as the amount of carbs that may be optimal for a user at a given time will vary.

What I do is to take 2 scoops of Anaconda mixed with 1 scoop of Surge Recovery at the start of the workout (actually I also load with Surge Workout Fuel an hour before the workout but that would not have to be done) and then 1 scoop’s worth of Surge Recovery each half hour into the workout. This has been working great.

It’s almost impossible to have an all-in-one drink. I was specifically talking about one for pre- and peri- as Surge takes care of my post. From the research that I’ve seen, pre, peri, and post should be slightly different. Currently, there’s some ingredients in my pre shake that are not in my peri.

Agreed.

For the same reason, my 1 hour before, start of workout, the during workout, and post workout drinks are all different.

(Namely, Surge Workout Fuel; Anaconda + Surge Recovery; Surge Recovery; and whey plus FINiBAR. If at a time of allowing more calories, also some Surge Recovery in the post-workout.)

I would suggest anyone pay more attention to Thibaudeau’s protocols than to mine: he also specifies differently at the differing times.