Alpha V

@Despade Thanks man, i really appreciate that!

@strongmangoals Thanks so much brother!

@Koestrizer Thanks man!

@kckfl349 we will see if it ever happens!

@Roran Thanks brother!

@simo74 Thanks man!

@Betabill No doubt man! Thank you!

=====================================================
Here is the 675 pause deadlift before I went for that PR
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYdzPjcBm1_/?taken-by=neversate

and latest video:

If you are anything like me, you are not good at the Split Jerk…And when you don’t know something, you ask someone who does! So here is Coach Joey Szatmary to help us both out!

1 Like

This one has been a long time coming! But 725 Went down, & Completely unexpectedly! And I explain the release of our new Shirts this week. Remember, we only stock so many, so if you want to pick one up before they sell out, they will be live the second the next video goes up.

9 Likes

"Many adults are fearful of failure, while children have to be familiar with it. What is growing up except failing over and over again - at walking, at tying your shoes, at reading, at riding a bike, at doing math, or writing a sentence?

If you’re growing, you’re likely failing. In you’re not failing, you’re likely not growing. Are you still willing to fail?

As time passes, some people become especially fearful of failure. They seek to protect what they’ve accumulated. They lose the hunger and daring of their early days. Comfortable in a cocoon, they experiment less. They try fewer things. They embrace fewer adventures. Adults can come to stake there identity on the success they have attained, while losing the very spirit and character that made success possible in the first place.

The prospect of a new adventure promises a confrontation with our inadequacies and failings. Adventure can throw our comfortable sense of self into doubt. No wonder, then, that too many people only have one or two or zero adventures in their lives. Too often we see people, by the end of their lives, balancing atop an ever narrower set of experiences and teetering like an elephant on a stick.

We can make a different choice. We can choose, at any age, to have adventures and growth and happiness. We can begin again. We can have all of this, as long as we are still willing to fail. -Eric Greitens, Resilience

WEDNESDAY, 06SEPTEMBER2017 - Work For Today

STRONGMAN CONDITIONING - At the Top of Every Minute for 10 Minutes 100 Foot Hussefeld Stone Carry

STRENGTH - Giant Sets
12 Kettlebell Swings @ 150lbs
Farmer’s Handle Deadlifts: 270, 450, 630, 730, 830 (PR)
Windshield Wipers (8 Each Side)

ASSISTANCE GIANT SET - 4 Rounds
45 Degree Back Raise Deadlifts @ 315lbs - Sets of 7
SSB Good Mornings w/ pins set at start of deadlift height @ 300lbs - 7 Reps
Immediately followed by hands free SSB Step-Ups (300lbs) 7 Each Side

MORE ASSISTANCE
10 Muscle Ups
:30 Seconds Reverse Hyper @ 270lbs.

6 Likes

everyone has a song in their heart.
this gym is mine.
i hope you find the courage to follow your heart.
i’m just trying to make you sing.

6 Likes

“Here is a fact: someday you will die. What will you do with his incredible gift that is your life? Do you want to get to the end of the road and wish you had strived more, accomplished more, and loved more? To do these things you will have to take chances, demonstrate courage and commit in a way that allows you to be flexible but never allows you to quit on yourself.” --Richard Machowicz

“It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” --Leonardo da Vinci

MONDAY, 11SEPTEMBER2017- Work For Today
Wave 3/Week 8/Day 1

STRONGMAN CONDITIONING - At the Top of Every minute
1 Atlas Stone To Shoulder
1 Burpee
2 Atlas Stone To Shoulder
2 Burpees
3 Atlas Stone To Shoulder
3 Burpees
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Reps for each Minute.

STRENGTH - I hurt my shoulder pretty badly on Friday so i am slowly working my way back into it.

Axle Block Pulls: 135x3, 225x3, 315x3, 405x3, 500x8, 600x6, 650x12
Glute Ham Raise Sit-Ups Between Sets

REHAB. Lots of it.

Here is the 650x12. Brian Alsruhe on Instagram: "Axle Block Pulls 650lbs/295kg for 12 reps...when you are hurt, you just have to work around it...#strong #strongman #strongmantraining #neversate #dieempty #power #powerlifting #fitness #fitfam #fitnessmotivation #goals #gym #workout #train #workoutmotivation #bodybuilding #weights #lift #lifting #crossfit #conditioning #squat #bench #ohp #deadlift #the.loyal.brand #rise #sufferbeautifully"

1 Like

Both that gym video and you deadlifting 650 x 12 makes me want to work out there. Seeing those guys with artificial legs additionally makes me forget my age.

Great work on the deadlifting.

Is there a “standard” height for block pulls? One of my next tasks for my home gym is to make blocks and I’m not sure what height to make them. I know there might not be a real answer to this but what might be a good range at least to aim for? I’m also making something to stand on for deficit but probably will just use 3 inches on that.

Great video in Omar’s channel and great that he included your message at the end of his video.
I have been following you for over three years here on Tnation (way before I had an account, I actually just checked everyday if there was a new article and if you had updated your log. For one year that was all I did in Tnation haha).
The amount of dumb comments that said you are on drugs and no one should Listen to you made me angry. But I guess that is what you have to deal with when getting a broader, less educated and probably just “less hardcore” audience? Funny how no one in Tnation would make such a statement.

1 Like

The comments on Omar’s channel are always filled with this stuff whenever someone who’s not 110% confirmed natty is featured.

Its like they think Mark Bell and John Meadows didn’t achieve anything before getting on the bicycle or something.

@Biker Thanks brother, that really does mean a lot!

@sufiandy Well, in contest it is always from the floor, or a 13", 16" or 18" top of bar height at the start of your pull. But if you are just training for general purposes then I would do some below the knee and some above the knee, just at different time so you don’t crush your CNS. And for the deficit, I would stick to anywhere between 1-3 inches. Sometimes they make up pull from a 4" deficit but you are really pushing your injury luck there. I hope that helps brother!

@Koestrizer Hahah thanks for watching that man! And yea, that is just his audience. I actually become less intelligent reading what some people were saying, so i stopped. People are always going to be people. I am always going to be me. If that doesn’t work for people, then they can continue on their path without my help. Makes no difference to me. i just try to remember that everyone is on different stages of their journey and I have said some dumb things when I was younger as well. but alas…people will always be people!

@MaazerSmiit Yea man, I don’t let it bother me. People judge. It’s ok. One day they will realize what they missed out on. It’s cool, but thank you!

=====================================================

Today’s training was nothing but shoulder rehab. I am definitely hurt. Just not sure how bad yet. But as it stands I am struggling with an empty bar…Back to square one with 7 weeks to get back to better than i was before the injury. The race is on…

4 Likes

If you are struggling with an empty bar this may possibly be the only day I will press more than you!! No seriously Brian, I hope you haven’t done too much damage and get back on track soon. Sending positive healing vibes through the inter web.

2 Likes

@simo74 Hahaha thank you brother!

=========================================================

Injuries happen to all of us. While I am going through my own rehab process, I thought I would share some of the tips I have used to come back from other times I have done Stupid things to myself!

1 Like

I read/heard free international shipping and I was so unreasonably excited that I immediately tried to order one only to find out the promo only starts this weekend(?). Regardless, can’t wait to get my NEVERsate shirt. You’re pretty much the only “fitness youtuber” I watch nowadays.

On a side note, hope your shoulder gets better soon!

1 Like

Did someone say free international shipping…is that for real!

Yup, sure is. Just ordered my shirt! The code is SAVESHIPPING.

Thankyou Brian for the free shipping that is just quality. Living in the other side of the world makes this stuff usually too expensive. So happy to have one of your shirts on its way down under. Have a good weekend man.

Did you get his classic two-tone shirt?

@Alpha - I do have one complaint about your shirts. They are too nice! My wife gets mad when I wear them to work out because these are my “nice shirts”. I also really like the “RISE” design.

1 Like

I’ve held off ordering one because I’m not sure about the size… Alpha wears an XL. So if I want my shirt to fit like his, I think I need a S :joy:

1 Like

No shame in ordering an S, just don’t wear it for the rest of your life haha. I ordered an S so…

Order the L, hang it on the wall, wear it when you can fill it out ha, I did that with my first XL animal shirt, it was pretty solid motivation!

5 Likes