Alpha V

Great video of Tommy Brian. Thanks for continuing to share vids of these great athletes. When you watch them you really do realise there are no excuses, just do the work man, just do the work.’

@RampantBadger Little of Column A, little of Column B. But if I had to Compete tomorrow I would Zero 3 out of the 5 Events.

@simo74 Thanks so much brother, and i completely agree.

=================================================

2nd Week of Nationals Prep in the Book. Workouts are going well, body is pretty beat up, overall I am happy but Know I have a Lot of work to do if I am not going to Bomb Some of the Events.

2 Likes

“People don’t want to think. And the deeper they get into trouble, the less they want to think. But by some sort of instinct, they feel that they ought to and it makes them feel guilty. So they’ll bless and follow anyone who gives them a justification for not thinking. Anyone who makes a virtue - a highly intellectual virtue - out of what they know to be their sin, their weakness and their guilt… They envy achievement, and their dream of greatness is a world where all men have become their acknowledged inferiors. They don’t know that that dream is the infallible proof of mediocrity, because that sort of world is what the man of achievement would not be able to bear.” --Ayn Rand

MONDAY, 21AUGUST2017 - Work For Today

CONDITIONING - At the Top of Every Minute for 10 Minutes
100 Foot Keg Carry @ (at Least) Bodyweight

STRENGTH - Speed Focus (Light)
Banded Good Mornings: Sets of 8
Axle Deadlifts: 135x6, 225x6, 315x6, 405x6, 455x6, 520x13…Meh
1:00 Minute Hollow Rocks between Sets

ASSISTANCE - 3 Rounds
Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 455x10
Seated SSB Good Mornings: 270x8
1:00 Minute Hollow Rocks between Sets
25 Sledgehammer Swings

MORE ASSISTANCE - 3 Rounds
15 Banded Glute Ham Raises
15 Reverse hypers @ 360lbs

NOTES:
-Workout went ok. 520x13 wasn’t bad at all. Definitely had more in there but it was a sweaty one so i cut it there.

• I honesty cannot remember the last time I was at my gym completely alone. Today marks the 4 Year Birthday of our Opening! Hopefully the 4th year will be the best yet! But because of that I had to record my video in the middle of the night. This was all done between the hours of Midnight and 0300…Hahah, but I am beyond happy to have to do these types of things. I will take busy over bored any day!
    Here is the description and video if you guys are interested!

==================================================

I have never been one to think that Knowledge should be hoarded. That is why I give out FREE Strength programs. This is one is built for people who want to be STRONG, LEAN & DANGEROUS. I gave you all of the tools you will need to create it, but this is how I make up 90% of my income. If you Want to support the cause or just want the connivence of someone setting this up for you, email me at NEVERsate@Gmail.com and I can Personalize it to your Goals, Equipment access and medical limitations. As always, thanks for the support everyone!

8 Likes

Great video Alpha. I am coming to the end of your first program you laid out (Lots of PR’s btw) and was thinking of a new program to do and was thinking along the lines of 5/3/1 / Cube / your stuff and this video comes out. Going to run it after your LP. Thank you.
Edit: if anyone wants a overview of it/ can’t be asked to write it out I summarised it here. Bit blurry and messy sorry.

@hugh_gilly Awesome man, thanks for doing that! Also if you guys want a typed up version, I provide all of the screen shots at the very end of the video

1 Like

“Billions of people have traveled and continue to travel the other path, and it grows wider every year…The trouble is that on this wide path, you don’t end up at awesome. You just end up at old. This path is called ‘average’.” --Jon Acuff

WEDNESDAY, 23AUGUST2017 - Work For Today

MINDSET…It’s NEVERsate’s Birthday, what would it be without a mindset Challenge?
12 Minute Plank without breaking position.

STRENGTH - Tweaked left shoulder on Bench Saturday so did what I could
Cannonball Pull-Ups (literally the hardest pull-us ever…) Sets of 15
Strict Press: 135x3. 185x3, 225x3, 250x3, 280x2…Happy with that.
Dragon Flags: Sets of 10

ASSISTANCE - 3 Rounds
Pull-Ups on 3x3 edge of the rack (For grip): Sets of 20
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 90’s x30 Reps
Kneeling Trap Bar OHP: 135 for sets of 10
Plyometric push-ups onto benches: Sets of 15

REHAB - Lots
External Rotations with a red Mini Band
Red mini band “No money’s”

NOTES:

• For having a bum wing, it wasn’t a bad day. 280x2 on Strict press isn’t terrible, but I really think if I was good it would have been a little bit more. Would like to be at 300x3 by Nationals.
  • Everything Else went well, the Cannoball Pull-Ups are absolutely brutal but really build crush grip for stones. Especially that abortion known as the Stone of Steel…and the Pull-Ups on the 3x3 Posts of the Rack are there to help the grip strength in that weird position where your hands make a right angle. I am REALLY hoping this will help with the Hussafeld Stone.
1 Like

“If I am always standing at the bottom of the mountain longingly looking up, in all probability it is because I have heeded the pillaging dogma of mediocrity which persistently tells me that the dream is not worth the climb.” --Craig D. Lounsbrough

FRIDAY, 25AUGUST2017 - Work For Today

STRENGTH
Duffalo Bar Squats: 155x3, 245x3, 335x3, 475x6, 530x4, 605x6 (PR)
Immediately After my Squats, turned around and completed 5 Medicine ball squat jumps…The plan here is to teach my stupid legs to create force when they really don’t want to. This is for in comps when someone says, “20 Seconds left” but I am shot. In that situation, you need to find it. That is what I am training it to do.

ASSISTANCE - 3 Rounds
Bulgarian Slit Squats: 245lbs x 5 each side
12 Banded Glute Ham Raises
20 “V” Sit-Ups

…Then some guys the needed to talk about the new building showed up, so my workout was over. Not a bad day.

3 Likes

Well, my Gym, NEVERsate Athletics turned 4 years old this week, so I decided to sit down and tell it’s story. This has been the craziest ride of my life filled with amazing Highs and extreme Lows, but I would not trade one second of it. I am living my dream and am so beyond grateful every single day.
Everyone has a song in their heart, this gym is my song. You have one too… I hope one day you find the courage to follow it. -dieEMPTY-

4 Likes

You have the right mindset.

“Integrity is the antithesis of compromise and the sworn enemy of comfort. It bases its decisions not on how much discomfort we might be able to avoid, but on how much we need to avoid the compromise of comfort.” --Craig D. Lounsbrough

SATURDAY, 26AUGUST2017

STRONGMAN
Stone of Steel over 56" Bar: 200x2, 230x2, 250x2, 275x2
Pendlay Rows: 305 for Sets of 10
Incline Log Bench Press: 230lbs for Sets of 10

100 Foot Beltless Yoke Walks
360lbs
450lbs
540lbs
630lbs
720lbs

MINDSET - Kettlebell Death
Group of guys and myself got in a line in front of a 92lb Kettlebell.
1st guy does as many reps as possible
2nd guy does as many reps as possible
3rd guy does as many reps as possible
…Race to 100 Reps
You only get as much rest as it takes for the other guys to go. As people finish, you get less rest. It pays to be a winner.

My Sets were
50 Reps
36 reps
Finished my 100.

NOTES:

• Better day than I expected.
  • The training video will be out early this week but if you guys ever want more up to date vids of what is going on, i am trying to upload to instagram daily with different parts of the training week.
    If you would like to check that out you can find me @NEVERsate

My Boy John Killing some yoke…Without legs…
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYTDxqhBGys/?taken-by=neversate

1 Like

I knew you had a hard start with the gym but I didn’t imagine it was that rough. Thank you for sharing and for staying with it. I’m very happy that its been working and I hope it continuous to grow!

-die empty

1 Like

@Roran Man, you were the FIRST visitor we ever had there…So proud to call you my friend brother!

====================================================

Week 3 Of Nationals Prep! All kinds of stuff in here that you guys (Might) not be doing that will definitely help out your training. I’m getting stronger each week, but the road is long and the pool is deep…Still have a long way to go!

2 Likes

“It’s not some magic formula that’s going to allow somebody to go after the thing they want to do. It’s the consistent progress or moving toward the thing they want to do, regardless of whatever thing comes up – and I call that thing ‘quitting.’ That quitting conversation will show up a hundred different ways. You can say, ‘This thing is bullshit. This thing is crazy. I can’t believe I’m doing this.’ Or you can create things like, ‘Well, that person’s just trying to hold me back,’ or ‘I’m just not good enough.’ Whatever… I’m telling you, quitting sounds very reasonable. Literally, it’s a very simple process of getting on target and moving forward vs. the conversation that leads to quitting. And those conversations show up every day for people. And really, that’s the battle. That’s the war. If there’s a war going on, really the war is within yourself and one you have to confront day after day.” – Richard Machowicz

WEDNESDAY, 30AUGUST2017 - Work For Today

STRENGTH - Giant Sets, Power Focus
3 Second Pause Deadlifts: 135, 225, 315, 405, 500, 585, 655, 675 (HUGE PR)
10 Blast Strap Layouts
8 Dumbbell Snatches (Each Side) @80lbs

I walked in knowing that i would hit 635, and was HOPING i’d hit 655. 675 was not even a thought, but it went and I was ecstatic!

But then some of my training partners were like, dude, just pull a pr.
So I loaded 725 and it went! Huge unexpected PR! I have been waiting for this one for a while since it is 7 plates and a quarter. Next big plate jump will be 8 plates at 765!

After that I worked the Hussefeld stone where I got up to 400lbs for 150 feet. Not too bad considering I couldn’t even move that weight 20 feet a few weeks ago!

Here is the PR
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYbeWc_Bl-C/?taken-by=neversate

10 Likes

That is…awe inspiring. Frickin’ awesome to watch. Keep on keepin’ on!

1 Like

That was an epic fight with the bar! So smooth throughout. Congratulations, I thought you were going to get that barbell in a headlock after finishing the lift haha

1 Like

That was epic. Gave me chills to watch. Congratulations, Brian!

8 Plates… lol

Very smooth PR, looking strong!!

1 Like

Nice work Brian, love that look you have the bar at the end…Quality

1 Like

Epic!! Congrats big time!! Benefits of a supporting team in action!!

1 Like