Aldactone-Spironolactone Diuretic

Anyone have experience with aldactone aka Spironolactone?
Doctors willing to give it to me to control the water retention I get just around my belly. I do take a couple of other meds for high blood pressure which keeps my pressure just fine now.

But I read that this Diuretic is anti-androgen.

A few contests I would try Aldactizide (I believe is what was called). It was a combination of Aldactone and a diuretic. Aldactone was supposed to spare potassium. I would use it on Thursday and Friday before the show. The thought was I could pull water out from under my skin, while keeping it in muscle tissue. I can’t say I noticed a difference.

1 Like

I think the Dr wants to give on a regular basis. I did try lasix and it did make me lose the water. But then it comes right back.

He rather give me Spiro on a regular basis instead of lasix.

My guess is that your doctor is concerned that diuretics in excess will spill your potassium.

See if it works. He’s the doctor

2 Likes

What do your ankles look like. Does water pool in your lower leg?

1 Like

Nah. It’s just belly.
I may lower t a bit

Well… you are probably not gonna like what I think is most likely.

But here goes: My guess is that you don’t have a water retention problem sufficient to require diuretics. You might be cursed with the last place you lose fat is around your midsection. There is always the possibility that your doctor sees water retention that I don’t understand.

But if I am correct, it is an uphill battle against your genetics. Attacking the “spare tire” look is best done by adding muscle while trying to minimize the addition of more fat.

I am no TRT expert by any means. @tareload is the go to guy for TRT, IMO. Maybe he will enter the conversation and assure you the best approach going forward.

1 Like

I use dandelion root for a diuretic, no drugs needed. To give you an idea how bad my fluid retention is and also the effectiveness of dandelion root, if I go without it long enough, I’ll wake up in the middle of the night with high blood pressure, crippling fatigue and my veins are very tight and puffy.

The dandelion root corrects the situation quickly!

Hey system. How much do you take? The one I have is labeled in the pic.

And do you take all at once or space it out?

Also, did you notice estrogenic side affects, see this post Terrible Facial Bloating....First Cycle - #7 by TRT_Phoenix

It’s 520mg, but I take 1/4 of it.

Twice a week.

No.

Careful with diuretics and sodium. Blood preasure or heart may fail. Happened to family member.

1 Like

For prospective.
I am doing 100mg subq split in 2 injections.
I recently did 2 lab tests. One was lcms assay other eclia. Both labs at trough.

@tareload in case you interested in analyzing

May 5

May 16

1 Like

Outstanding work. Makes you wonder head to head on same blood sample what you would see! Now that Labcorp LC/MS-MS TT has been certified with CDC HoSt you have a righteous data point. Would be nice to have a parity plot of Labcorp ECLIA TT vs LC/MS-MS to see how well they line up. Difference between the two only adds to confusion that guys have on the ref range. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a 50-100 ng/dl swing on two trough measurements with LC/MS-MS given variability in injection spot, liver, lymphatic activity etc.

See for instance your SHBG on the two tests.

I’ll throw you on the plot when I get a moment. Thanks for sharing.

I was just confused on the estradiol. The lcms had me kinda on the low end which can explain water retention. And the eclia had me closer to 30.

The ECLIA E2 can have interference from cRP or other plasma proteins. Theoretically the LC/MS-MS should be the better number but of course operator / method precision could only be determined with multiple replicates and effort that almost no one is going to do.

4. Conclusion
Several studies and the recent Endocrine Society Position Statement have addressed the deficiencies in current immunoassays used for the quantitation of estradiol [2,8,9,12,13]. Direct immunoassays lack appropriate sensitivity at low estradiol levels (<40 pg/ mL). Although a GC–MS estradiol assay is considered the gold standard, it is complex to use in a routine clinical laboratory and is not amenable to high test through put. LC–MS/MS estradiol assays offer the throughput, sensitivity and precision required for estradiol quantitation over a wide range of physiological concentrations. Patients receiving AI therapy are a subset for whom high sensitivity estradiol assays are particularly useful as treatment efficacy depends on the degree of estradiol suppression. Whereas, automated direct immunoassays will remain as the first line approach for the vast majority of clinical situations where the demand for assay sensitivity is modest (example: women undergoing ovulation induction), high sensitivity LC–MS/MS assays with LOQ between 0.1 and 0.2 pg/mL are needed for optimal clinical management of certain subset of patients like those receiving AI pharmacotherapy.

If you look at the screen shot, my crp should be a non factor my reading was . 19

Yes, cRP could be one interferring compound but in your case most likely a non-issue. Notice I said other plasma proteins above. Also from abstract in last paper:

1 Like