4-seat Convertibles

I want something fun that doesn’t weigh 9,000 pounds. My daily driver is a 2500 Chevy Duramax–which I love–but I would like something to run errands and take the occasional road trip in. We live in the Pac NW and I would prefer something with AWD but this isn’t deal breaker because I already have the truck for really bad weather.

I also don’t want to break the bank on a third car. I’ve been looking for a low mileage b6/b7 2004-2007 Audi S4 convertible, but I am having trouble finding the perfect one with the right colors, low miles, service history, etc., and having owned an S4 in the past I know maintenance costs on them can really suck.

The closest local car I’ve found is an 05 with 50k miles, black exterior with red leather seats. I can’t decide if I love the black-on-red look or if it looks like a cheap southern whore house. My preference is for all black or some black-and-silver combo, maybe even white exterior and black seats. Thoughts on red seats?

Any other cars? I need a back seat even if it is small because I have a six-year old who doesn’t want to be left out. My wife likes the Mini Cooper S and pretty much any Beemer, but the Audi is what I’m leaning towards. Maybe a 2002-2005 M3, but I’m not sure I want the attitude that goes with an M3 even though I know they are awesome cars. Also, if I’m going to suck up German maintenance costs, it might as well have a V-8 and AWD, i.e., the Audi.

I’d consider American but I’m not a big fan of the interiors of the American cars in my price range.

Feel free to chime in on all things 4-seat convertible. I’ll probably end up with an Audi regardless, but I’m bored and I figure some convertible talk this time of year might ease the winter blues.

Here is the black on red one.

http://www.autobase.com/diamondlot/metropolitanmotors/

TLDR

At first glance you may think “That shit is WAK”!..then ten minutes later you’re thinking, “actually, that might be a a cool car”…

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
TLDR

At first glance you may think “That shit is WAK”!..then ten minutes later you’re thinking, “actually, that might be a a cool car”…[/quote]

Is that a Murano? That actually looks pretty cool, but the wife already has an SUV and I want something a little sportier.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
TLDR

At first glance you may think “That shit is WAK”!..then ten minutes later you’re thinking, “actually, that might be a a cool car”…[/quote]

Is that a Murano? That actually looks pretty cool, but the wife already has an SUV and I want something a little sportier. [/quote]

yea its a murano…

Sporty you say?..

An Infiniti G might be worth considering. I think the convertible only comes two-door, but it has real backseats. There’s an all-wheel-drive option on those too. I’m not sure if there’s all wheel drive + convertible though.

I really liked the minis, but then realized I didn’t want to be associated with anything called mini.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
An Infiniti G might be worth considering. I think the convertible only comes two-door, but it has real backseats. There’s an all-wheel-drive option on those too. I’m not sure if there’s all wheel drive + convertible though.[/quote]

That’s a good call. I may cruise autotrader and see what’s out there. I don’t care about 4 doors, as long as I can stuff the little bugger in the back when I need to. Hehe.

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
TLDR

Is that a Murano? That actually looks pretty cool, but the wife already has an SUV and I want something a little sportier. [/quote]

yea its a murano…

Sporty you say?..[/quote]

Nope.

How bout a full size blazer with a 6.2? Not near the power of your duramax but simple as a farm tractor fix and with the right gears they get pretty good fuel milliage. Way better than shoe horning yourself into a k car.

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:
How bout a full size blazer with a 6.2? Not near the power of your duramax but simple as a farm tractor fix and with the right gears they get pretty good fuel milliage. Way better than shoe horning yourself into a k car.[/quote]

Cool car, but not what I want. I’d probably get a 911, M-Roadster or jacked Audi TT if I could, or even an S-2000 or supercharged Miata, but I need 4 seats.

67 Conti 'vert.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
67 Conti 'vert.[/quote]

That is bad ass. Probably out of my price range though in that condition.

Edit: And I’ve owned a similar year Conti with a 500 c.i.d engine and I don’t miss the 6-8 MPG.

I’ve always associated the E Class with Beverly Hills dentists (ironic since I owned one), but the car, especially the AMG models, is starting to grow on me.

I’ve always associated the E Class with Beverly Hills dentists (ironic since I owned one), but the car, especially the AMG models, is starting to grow on me.[/quote]

Looks like I’d have to go back to 1995 to get something in my price range with low miles and that they didn’t make them again until recently.

67 Conti 'vert.[/quote]

Had a friend in HS with one similar…was awesome…

What’s the car they drive in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off?

[quote]chobbs wrote:
What’s the car they drive in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? [/quote]

I can’t afford a classic Ferrari GT. Plus its a 2 seater. :slight_smile:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
TLDR

yea its a murano…

Sporty you say?..[/quote]

89 LeBaron Convertible - good enough for John Voight.

not sure of your price range but check these sites out. make you drool!!!
these links take you straight to the convertibles at these sites. the pic is a 67 Skylark for $19,995 at hemmings

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/?adtypeFacet=Vehicles+for+Sale&makeFacet=&modelFacet=&q=convertibles