4-seat Convertibles

Party down bro!!!

03-04 Cobra - the only modern mustang worth owning

any model M3, look for a E36 model (95-99) if you want a more understated look and easy/cheap-ish maintenance. Getting harder to find a clean 5spd examples.

The S4 is a good choice in the pnw with the awd. Get a custom exhaust made of nothing but 3" pipe and 2 borla xr1 mufflers to let ppl know you’re not driving the wifes car.

Jaguar XK models have rear seats, but the quality is not the best. The XKR models are a blast tho.

Personally I’d get E46 M3 (01-0?) if i wanted a vert, but i wouldnt get a vert in the PNW

[quote]Aggv wrote:

any model M3, look for a E36 model (95-99) if you want a more understated look and easy/cheap-ish maintenance. Getting harder to find a clean 5spd examples.

The S4 is a good choice in the pnw with the awd. Get a custom exhaust made of nothing but 3" pipe and 2 borla xr1 mufflers to let ppl know you’re not driving the wifes car.

Jaguar XK models have rear seats, but the quality is not the best. The XKR models are a blast tho.

Personally I’d get E46 M3 (01-0?) if i wanted a vert, but i wouldnt get a vert in the PNW [/quote]

E46 M3’s are one nice ride. I saw an 02 with 22k miles on it for $20k in LA and almost jumped on it. It looked like it had been kept in a hermetically sealed garage. I’m just not sure I want one up here when it rains 9 months a year. I have a line on a one-owner 05 triple black S4 in Chicago with 50k miles on it for $15k and it looks spotless. I might hop on a plane Christmas day and drive it back if I get a wild hair up my ass.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

Personally I’d get E46 M3 (01-0?) if i wanted a vert, but i wouldnt get a vert in the PNW [/quote]

E46 M3’s are one nice ride. I saw an 02 with 22k miles on it for $20k in LA and almost jumped on it. It looked like it had been kept in a hermetically sealed garage. I’m just not sure I want one up here when it rains 9 months a year. I have a line on a one-owner 05 triple black S4 in Chicago with 50k miles on it for $15k and it looks spotless. I might hop on a plane Christmas day and drive it back if I get a wild hair up my ass.

[/quote]

Lemme know if you want me to take a quick look at it before you fly out. I know VWAG products pretty well (rebuilt and auto-x’ed Jettas, member of local VW club). If you want a mechanic to look at it, I know the best guy in the area.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[/quote]

Lemme know if you want me to take a quick look at it before you fly out. I know VWAG products pretty well (rebuilt and auto-x’ed Jettas, member of local VW club). If you want a mechanic to look at it, I know the best guy in the area.

[/quote]

That is a very generous offer. Are you far from McGrath Audi in GlenView?

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is a very generous offer. Are you far from McGraph Audi in GlenView?

[/quote]

McGrath is just off the highway, not too far at all.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is a very generous offer. Are you far from McGraph Audi in GlenView?

[/quote]

McGrath is just off the highway, not too far at all.
[/quote]

I’m going to call tomorrow and get a little more info on the car. I don’t get PMs. An e-mail I use is jjackkrash@me.com.

Email sent.

Email sent.[/quote]

So here it is:

Oh man, she’s a beauty. Is that a 2004/2005 with the V8?

Yup, 2005 (B6) with a V-8. I’m pretty stoked about it.

Those wheels are turrible. You should have forced them to put the oem’s back on before driving with those in public. Otherwise very sexy car.

fix the wheels

“The only person to ever look good in the back of a 4-seater convertible was Adolf Hitler.” - Jeremy Clarkson

First thing that came to my mind when I read the title. More on topic, a convertible mini van would have been amazing.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
Those wheels are turrible. You should have forced them to put the oem’s back on before driving with those in public. Otherwise very sexy car.

fix the wheels

http://www.esmwheels.com/[/quote]

What about TSW or BBS. I like the BBS CH-R’s, but they are pretty spendy. I also like the TSW Tremblants.

They are about half price on the BBS wheels.

TSW make good wheels. BBS are probably the best imho, but it’s going to depend on what you want to do with the car.

To pull off a lip’d wheel (2piece look wheel) the vehicle should probably be lowered, or have very little fender gap. When done right looks great, however the suspension work adds significant cost and hassle.

http://esmwheels.com/access/esm-004-c-21_91_56.html BBS LM repilca wheels. Reps wont have the same quality, however they cost under $200 a wheel, look the same, and you wont lose sleep if you bend a wheel.

If you just want to keep it simple, i’d look for a set of OEM wheels on craigslist, or check the local VW/Audi forums. I know the PNW has a large community and im sure people in the area will lend a hand.

www.audizine.com

http://www.velocitymotoring.com/wheels.html < I’m a fan of their wheels. Good quality, relatively cheap, and they have an oem look to their wheels. I’d love to run a gunmetal set of V721 on my B5 S4.

Thanks for the tips. I’ve been looking at the Amaroo, Donington, and Tremblant in 19s in matte black on the simulator. Does matter black work of a glossy triple black car? My buddies are split on the issue. Any opinions on these three?

I never really liked the look of the OEM wheels on my B5 s4 and there were really prone to curb rash.

I like gunmetal as well, do you think gunmetal would work on a triple black car?

The V721 is a good look. I’m going to look for a simulator and take a look at that as well.

Black wheels on a black car looks good. Kids call that “murdered out” these days, but if you go with a 19" wheel, it may give the car a raised up 4x4 look with the stock suspension.

The amaroo wheels look good, not a fan of the other choices.

Google image search works well. Search the wheel model + audi and youll get decent results. Might not be a B6 S4 vert, but i find real life pictures do better justice than the wheel simulators. Just need to use your imagination a bit.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Thanks for the tips. I’ve been looking at the Amaroo, Donington, and Tremblant in 19s in matte black on the simulator. Does matter black work of a glossy triple black car? My buddies are split on the issue. Any opinions on these three?

I never really liked the look of the OEM wheels on my B5 s4 and there were really prone to curb rash.

I like gunmetal as well, do you think gunmetal would work on a triple black car?

The V721 is a good look. I’m going to look for a simulator and take a look at that as well. [/quote]

I wouldn’t do the black. I would get a wheel that matches your windshield trim and rearview mirrors

Picking wheels is harder than I thought it would be.