30-10-30 Eliminated Shoulder Pain, Tendonitis, and Dramatically Reduced Back Pain

Time cures everything seemingly!
After resting you can do you own Colorado Experiment

There are many strengthening exercises that target the lumbar multifidus muscles-the most popular are the bird dog, bridging and superman exercises. However, according to the world’s foremost expert on spinal biomechanics and low back pain, the superman exercise results in over 6000 N of compression to a hyperextended spine, transfers load to the facets and crushes the interspinous ligament… It should not be done in any form.

About this time last year, I got a partial tear of my left supraspinatus muscle. I did 12 weeks of physio rehab and then started in on the good dr’s plan. It took a while, but the results are very noticeable. These days, my left shoulder moves with very minimal pain (less pain than my right one, which has impinged but no tears).

I love and respect Bill, but he is mistaken on a few points. Dr K is anything but a faux internet guru. He is actually an ortho surgeon. AND he’s done lots of Before and After imagery to prove his methods work on others and even himself! Kirsch does, in fact, talk about ‘the pendulum’, but offers it ONLY as an advanced technique for people who have months of static (mostly) hanging under their belt. It sounds like Bill jumped straight to the Pendulum, which WAS a mistake — I can see how (and why) he experienced problems!!

I had to quit ALL pressing movements, especially overhead pressing. At about 9 months I had little improvement. Only after Mr. Average Al wrote about hanging from a bar by Dr. kirsch did I see much improvement in my shoulder. I owe AA a lot here. It took only a short few sessions of hanging from my Nautilus OME machine. I only have a slight residual pain in the shoulder which this pain does not reduce range of movement.

Thanks Al

1 Like

I’m glad the information was useful to you.

Prior to posting that, I had not used hanging as a rehab tool. But I have since taken to doing it occasional, more as a proactive measure. While I’m not currently having any particular shoulder issues, past experience suggests mine are not robust, and can get irritated easily.

I agree that shoulder injuries can take a very long time to heal. At least that is how mine have gone in the past.

1 Like

Once again

Thanks very much!

I thank you, too! Dr. Kirsch’s ideas have worked wonders. I’ve been dealing with these impingement issues for 29 years and this protocol has been THE single most helpful one!!