3 Year Old Run Over In China

The little girl was alone? No parents?

One of the main problems with Chinese driving is they really think that if they are in front of you in any way then it is YOU who must now be cautious. Like “You saw me right? I was in front of you! How could you hit me?!”

Observe all the accidents that are in this goddamned 14 minute video that is only from 2010 and notice how many are people just driving right in front of scooters and motorcycles and other cars and the people filming have to swerve or brake. Pure stupidity.

Nards…no offense, but that just drives home a stereotype.

I also don’t understand hitting someone and just driving off like nothing happened. I can only assume people don’t give a shit about their cars over there.

Driving in Houston can be bad, but that is just stupid and inconsiderate. It looks like a whole culture that really doesn’t give a shit about other people at all.

Yeah, I tried to keep an open mind when I first got here but you see so much bad driving.

Also pedestrianism. It’s like the driving.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Also pedestrianism. It’s like the driving.[/quote]

I know those clips were cut short, but it also seems they take it in stride. Around here, there would have a lot of fingers getting raised.

[quote]Nards wrote:
One of the main problems with Chinese driving is they really think that if they are in front of you in any way then it is YOU who must now be cautious. Like “You saw me right? I was in front of you! How could you hit me?!”

Observe all the accidents that are in this goddamned 14 minute video that is only from 2010 and notice how many are people just driving right in front of scooters and motorcycles and other cars and the people filming have to swerve or brake. Pure stupidity.

[/quote]

OMG it’s like everyone has a death wish. Nards I hope you have some sort of underground tunnel system to use(only foot traffic) or maybe travel to work by cannon.

That just looks like chaos, is there any order at all?

Charlie Horse thank you for your concern. yes, I’m very careful and don’t drive here as I’d get hurt or jailed for what I’d do to some of these people.

This one looks like it’s fake at first…but it’s not. By the way, the car went through the red light.

http://moodyap.pbworks.com/f/Twain.damned.pdf

People suck.

“Can any plausible excuse be furnished for the crime of creating the human race?”

Twain

And that folks, is why they wont be “passing America” anytime soon

And if they ever do pass America it’ll be without a turn signal and they’ll dent America’s fender and then drive off and hit a light post.

That was fucked up but thats one tough little kid to survive all that although I have no idea how bad off the kid is since I don’t understand a word they’re saying. The other thing that is fucked up is that you can post that kind of video on youtube but some tits will get banned.

That’s interesting Nards what you said about a greater divide in Asian cultures. I remember watching a docu years ago trying to explain it. Basically the guy couldn’t understand how people could walk down the street and pass by a corpse like it was nothing but if it was someone in thier family they freaked, one extreme to another.

That’s the thing…we cannot measure which culture loves their family more…I think we can all do that to a great degree, but it is easier to see how people treat strangers.

In some places you sit down at a coffee shop and nod to the guy next to you. Stuff like that.

I see stuff here that’s of course nowhere near as bad as what happened to that little girl, but here’s a weird thing I’ve seen about 7 or 8 times…you know when you go through a door you may sort of hold it with your hand a bit so the person behind you can put their hand on it and carry on through after you without them having to open it too?
Well I’ve seen guys go through with their girlfriend or wife and they go through right before them as though they’re alone and the door closes and the woman has to open it herself even though she was right behind her boyfriend! I check too to see if they’re fighting but no, they’ll continue their conversation and all is well.

I could go on and on but I’d sound like an angry grumpy old man. I am that, but I just don’t want to sound like it.

100% do not watch this!

I caught the fucking thing while watching the news feeding my baby daughter and now I cant get it out of my mind!

All those people just pass the little one by and then a SECOND vehicle runs over her! Jesus Christ!

It looks like they may have got the registrations of the two vans so I hope the drivers of said vehicles get the rough end of Chinese justice!

So far from what I can tell they caught the second driver but for some reason cannot find the first one, even though on the video it looks like they had the licence plate.

…Police have already found the second driver but have yet to find the first driver as they were unable to read the first vanâ??s license plate and are calling upon witnesses for help.

I really hope they catch this fucker…

Just something to point out that I rarely do…but I truly believe you should be careful what you let in your head.

I quit watching a lot of tv after 9/11. It was like a reflex action after being exposed to so much negative shit for months on end and replays of the same incident.

That shit affects you whether you realize it or not. It isn’t just about desensitization, but also mood, mental state and eventually decisions you make in the long run. These are all based on the total experiences in your life and all of the images you have been exposed to.

People who sit and watch beheadings over and over or baby killings may not realize that until later on…but I would bet money on this having effects on anxiety levels and even depression as you get older.

Watch what you watch.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Just something to point out that I rarely do…but I truly believe you should be careful what you let in your head.

I quit watching a lot of tv after 9/11. It was like a reflex action after being exposed to so much negative shit for months on end and replays of the same incident.

That shit affects you whether you realize it or not. It isn’t just about desensitization, but also mood, mental state and eventually decisions you make in the long run. These are all based on the total experiences in your life and all of the images you have been exposed to.

People who sit and watch beheadings over and over or baby killings may not realize that until later on…but I would bet money on this having effects on anxiety levels and even depression as you get older.

Watch what you watch.[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

I will not watch any vids, clips etc. posted online because of the exact same reasoning you mentioned above. I think the news reports too much bad news and the depressing feelings it generates manifest themselves throughout society. Fear, depression, anxiety, negativity are all fucking contagious imo

Man, I barely batted eyelash from watching that video. I’ve become so desensitized to this stuff, that nothing on the internet shocks me anymore.