3 Year Old Run Over In China

That was terrible. The worst thing I’ve seen in a long time.

Key word here is GIRL. Now the parents can try for a boy to replace their 1 allotted child.

I am watching the history channel now on netflix about Abraham…and apparently child sacrifice was very common over 2,000 years ago. Mass graves have been found around areas of Iraq filled with burned bones of children as offerings to various gods. The story of Abraham is now believed to be a statement in the Bible against these practices…which is why he stopped in the middle of the act of killing his son.

I would actually rather we discussed the value of human life in a growingly overpopulated planet than focused on this video. Posting gore on the internet got old about 20 years ago.

Watched the video. Wanted to cry a little. You’re lying if you say you didn’t want to.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:
Key word here is GIRL. Now the parents can try for a boy to replace their 1 allotted child.[/quote]

Go slit your own throat.

The problem is clearly that most people are to cowardly to do the right thing. Fuckin’ tofu eaters don’t got enough T to act like real men.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I am watching the history channel now on netflix about Abraham…and apparently child sacrifice was very common over 2,000 years ago. Mass graves have been found around areas of Iraq filled with burned bones of children as offerings to various gods. The story of Abraham is now believed to be a statement in the Bible against these practices…which is why he stopped in the middle of the act of killing his son.

I would actually rather we discussed the value of human life in a growingly overpopulated planet than focused on this video. Posting gore on the internet got old about 20 years ago.[/quote]
Value would be irrelevent in a world where people outnumbered resources . Dog eat dog would rule the day, right or wrong.

I would actually rather we discussed the value of human life in a growingly overpopulated planet than focused on this video. Posting gore on the internet got old about 20 years ago.[/quote]

This.
As standards of living increase, people start to value their own lives more. Each person’s life is worth just as much as ever, but in proportion to the to population, value is decreasing.
In this situation, people value their own lives too greatly and failed to take risks to help the little girl, whose life value was seen by the passerbyers as low due to overpopulation. They are feel that someone else will help so that they can mind their own business. This is probably rational and economically efficiently, but you end up losing too much emotional value, something that’s rarely considered in today’s money-driven society.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Watched the video. Wanted to cry a little. You’re lying if you say you didn’t want to.[/quote]
I cried. :cry:

If you want to hear something really fucked up…

It is estimated that roughly 50 billion children have died before the age of reason and responsibility over the course of human history. That is roughly half the total of all humans born.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Value would be irrelevent in a world where people outnumbered resources . Dog eat dog would rule the day, right or wrong.[/quote]
Malthusian equilibrium can be reached without disregarding ethics.
Social security is not sustainable and people are expected to become more and more educated to even get a simple job. There will be large shifts in social structures in the next few generations to adjust to the new lifestyles and life expectancy.

If you go on BBC news right now there’s a story on how this is still a huge problem in Uganda. People are hiring witch doctors to abduct children and ritualistically murder them to increase business profits and fortune. It’s sickening

This thread has bummed me out so much that I’ve decided to post something positive, but completely unrelated.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
This thread has bummed me out so much that I’ve decided to post something positive, but completely unrelated.

Dude is about 30 miles from where I live. He’s out on the motivational speaking circuit around the country because of that night and that was years ago. Also, there’s no way I’m clicking that link. Too much has already been posted around here that can’t be unseen.

[quote]biglifter wrote:

Dude is about 30 miles from where I live. He’s out on the motivational speaking circuit around the country because of that night and that was years ago. Also, there’s no way I’m clicking that link. Too much has already been posted around here that can’t be unseen.[/quote]

Agreed, no way in hell I’m clicking on that link. Some things are better left unseen…

Do not click the link. I still feel sad.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Do not click the link. I still feel sad.[/quote]

x2 :frowning:

I can’t believe anyone here posted the old ‘‘kill yourself if you think the planet is overpopulated’’ yet. This place may not suck after all.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Watched the video. Wanted to cry a little. You’re lying if you say you didn’t want to.[/quote]

I did actually. I have seen some really horrible shit in my life but this pretty much tops it. It leaves me deeply sad.

and the most thumbs up comment is something like: “thumbs up if you did this on GTA”

I live in Taiwan, which is basically another Chinese province but it separated after WWII but it’s basically Chinese if you’re wondering.

I haven’t watched the video as I am at work, but I must say that people really do drive stupidly here. I could go on and on but don’t want to type all the shit out.

The thing about Asian cultures is that they see a bigger divide bewteen themselves and strangers.

In smaller towns in the US and Canada people may nod to each other and hold the door open and such, but the Chinese really see strangers as faceless nobodies and will do many things that are discourteous, rude and even dangerous if the other is a stranger.

The joke I make is that you may have heard that “Asians respect their elders,” well they do…but their elders…as in my grandma…fuck your grandma!

By the way…NOTHING I said here should sound like it’s defending the way people act here. I’m very angry now even typing this. I’m not joking. I’ve been bumped by about 50 motorcycle mirrors and bicycle handlebars walking down the street here in the 10 years I’ve lived here and witnessed about 30 accidents.

Watch this video of a car hitting an old woman and even another old woman just looks at her and walks away. Fuckng old cow!

I’ve seen a frame of the video in a newspaper.

I don’t want to see more.