3 Day Apple Cider Vinegar Cleanse

What are “toxins?”

This is a serious question. Beyond heavy metals, can anyone name one single “toxin” that has been shown to be hoarded by the body and cause disease? Also, where is the evidence that these “cleanses” even have an effect on said “toxin?”

Also, your blood does change pH. A lot of people here have a very rudimentary understanding of how the body works and should probably not be discussing these types of topics.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
Interesting experience, there’s definitely a lot of similarities between the religions–in my opinion at least. Do you meditate or pray a lot during Ramadan? [/quote]

Yes, you do pray alot during Ramadan.

You pray the usual 5 prayers a day… plus an hour long prayer nightly in a Mosque(only during Ramadan).

The similarities are quite astounding.

It’s kinda cool because Islam views itself as the successor to Christianity. And Christianity the successor to Judaism. So all of the same stories are in the Quran, just told slightly differently.

Anyway… I’ll stop hijacking the thread! :slight_smile:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
I’m thinking on the other side of the coin so to speak. If eating apples and olive oil cleans you out, why not apply this to your every day diet? I’m not saying fasting, but maybe one meal a day should be a “cleanser meal”.

I’m no fan of grains and wondering why you wouldn’t eat grains while trying to cleanse. Why don’t some of the grain advocates on this thread who are doing a cleanse include just a particular grain instead of fruit and see what happens? [/quote]

I don’t see why not either; I doubt there’s anything magical about apples but why try to reinvent the wheel? I eat grains everyday anyways, it’s not a big deal for me to go without for a few. I know a lot of people do the cleanse with apple juice, I’d prefer the apple though. Perhaps fruit is simply easier to digest.[/quote]

I figure the fiber content of the apple is the reason behind it’s importance. Also, I find that having something solid hit my stomach seems to kickstarts my metabolism. Apples or veges sound like a logical approach to me.[/quote]

I was eating 2 apples a day even while I was eating a ton of beef… I still wound up bloated , uncomfortable, and feeling like crap. shrug

[quote]engerland66 wrote:
What are “toxins?”

This is a serious question. Beyond heavy metals, can anyone name one single “toxin” that has been shown to be hoarded by the body and cause disease? Also, where is the evidence that these “cleanses” even have an effect on said “toxin?”

Also, your blood does change pH. A lot of people here have a very rudimentary understanding of how the body works and should probably not be discussing these types of topics.

[/quote]

Well then maybe somebody who does have a good understanding of how the body works should enlighten those who do not.

Instead of taking the time to point out how most of the people here have very little understanding of how the body works…

why don’t you take the time to enlighten those who don’t?

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

What are “toxins?”

[/quote]

Well then maybe somebody who does have a good understanding of how the body works should enlighten those who do not.

Instead of taking the time to point out how most of the people here have very little understanding of how the body works…

why don’t you take the time to enlighten those who don’t?[/quote]

I was asking for examples of toxins that have been shown to:

1. Build up in the average human
  2. Cause disease

I don’t know of any. Perhaps YOU can enlighten me. If you can do this, perhaps the idea of cleanse will hold more weight. Right now, it seems to be nothing more than placebo.

2. Cause disease

I don’t know of any. Perhaps YOU can enlighten me. If you can do this, perhaps the idea of cleanse will hold more weight. Right now, it seems to be nothing more than placebo.[/quote]

I can’t.

But you can get a build up of stuff in your intestines/colon… everybody feels bloated from time to time. That is a form of build up. That’s what I personally think a cleanse would get rid of. Bloat.

And; I called you out because I don’t see the point in posts like yours – they happen across this board all the time. People saying others don’t have a good understanding of how the body works in whatever context… but they never take the time to actually help educate the ones who do not understand.

Perhaps I read you wrong; and if so, I apologize.

2. Cause disease

I don’t know of any. Perhaps YOU can enlighten me. If you can do this, perhaps the idea of cleanse will hold more weight. Right now, it seems to be nothing more than placebo.[/quote]

I can’t.

But you can get a build up of stuff in your intestines/colon… everybody feels bloated from time to time. That is a form of build up. That’s what I personally think a cleanse would get rid of. Bloat.

And; I called you out because I don’t see the point in posts like yours – they happen across this board all the time. People saying others don’t have a good understanding of how the body works in whatever context… but they never take the time to actually help educate the ones who do not understand.

Perhaps I read you wrong; and if so, I apologize.[/quote]

What, do you want me to go into a 5 chapter explanation of the digestive system from mouth to anus?
Tell me how a diet of apples, ACV and olive oil is the holy grail of “detox” and also explain to me how they “flush” your liver/intestines like a toilet.

The fact of the matter, the burden of proof lies on those that make these claims rather than the people who “have an understanding of how the body works”

here’s a nice article on it
http://www.inspire.com/JonathanRoss/journal/cut-the-cleansing-detox-crap/

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

2. Cause disease

I can’t.

What, do you want me to go into a 5 chapter explanation of the digestive system from mouth to anus?
Tell me how a diet of apples, ACV and olive oil is the holy grail of “detox” and also explain to me how they “flush” your liver/intestines like a toilet.

The fact of the matter, the burden of proof lies on those that make these claims rather than the people who “have an understanding of how the body works”

[/quote]

This is not a detox it is a cleanse. Eating a lot of meat for example can back you up/make you feel bloated. By fasting for a few days and taking in fats, you will give your stomach a rest and shit a lot. The apple cider helps with digestion. YOU may have never experienced this.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

2. Cause disease

I can’t.

[/quote]

This is not a detox it is a cleanse. Eating a lot of meat for example can back you up/make you feel bloated. By fasting for a few days and taking in fats, you will give your stomach a rest and shit a lot. The apple cider helps with digestion. YOU may have never experienced this.

[/quote]

sounds appealing, I’ll get right on that lol

Ill say it again.

Fiber/very mild laxative/activated charcoal

You eat your normal diet. Do the Heckman flush along with your regular routine.

Days of not eating or only eating apples and vinegar is retarded. What are you putting in your body that you need to do that stuff

If you dont know the pleasure of taking a shit and requiring only one wipe you should look into this.

I cant post a link because “Heckman” is a member at IM. All his posts on it are over there. Its the first hit on google.

Whats with all the ppl that never try anything calling everything bullshit?? Insecure “scientists”

Yes yes we know, If you eat fish you dont need fish oil (money scheme)
Chocolate milk and surge are the same!(money scheme)
Detox are bullshit(money scheme)
Proteins are overated (money scheme)

I can’t be the only one that see a pattern here

I tried what bonez’s talking about a while back and some other lemon/olive oil liver detox and had great result with both (they both made me shit stuff I never shitted before and eating a lot isn’t a struggle now)

personally, 3 days is stupid, I would do it for 8hrs on a day that im not training to see how it goes(that’s what I did with the lemon/olive oil, I wanted to eat)

i think i need to go on a flush- i haven’t has any good poops lately, but I’ve still been losing 3-5 pounds a week. Weird.

@bobbeh, good post.

@All, I don’t know how you can knock something unless you have tried it. I’ve personally done it for five hours and felt the results immediately – whether or not three days is necessary I’m not sure.

@jevah, if you don’t believe in the merit or logic of a cleanse don’t do it. I don’t have any science to explain toxins, or whether or not they exist. However, I believe an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure – the same logic to taking fish oils and multivitamins and other general health supps.