3 Day Apple Cider Vinegar Cleanse

Dont do it. Look around the articles on T-Nation. Detox is very organ and nutrient specific. Example, take a heavy metal testing and then do a heavy metal detox (assuming its a problem). Its not just oh, I ate pizza, gonna detox in my hippy outfit while smoking pot, i mean its “all naturalez”

With that being side, you could minimize the damage of the cheat day with some smart supplementation like adding cinnamon and loading up on fiber. To be honest, post contest you already shedded so much fat, fat stores toxins, and you are pretty toxic free-ish sort to speak. Besides, your insulin sensitivity will be through the roof. Just eat it like a man and dont worry too much.

Cliff notes: just eat the damn pizza and dont worry about the toxins.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

[quote]Mouldsie wrote:
So I’ve been feeling kind of bloated and full… This apples thing intrigues me haha

[/quote]

Exactly, imagine how I feel eating around 32oz of meat a day! [/quote]

How many meals do you break that down into? 6, 8?[/quote]

4-5!

note: this isn’t routinely, just the peak week I’ll opt for meats over other pro choices.

I actually used charcoal quite a bit in college. Before a night of big drinking I’d take two caps and one before bed. Wake up i n the morning, no hangover. Granted I still felt exhausted but I wasn’t entirely useless.

I think ACV is great for things like upset stomach and heartburn. I don’t think it actually eliminates any toxins though.

@Andersons, firstly it’s cool that you’re speaking from experience – however I believe in the logic to a three day cleanse of fruit and olive oil. People have been doing variations of this for ages.

@ER, this isn’t fasting – eating a couple dozen apples and olive oil will provide enough calories to reach maintenance.

I used an abridged version of this Sunday morning after my show, within five hours I was COMPELTELY cleared out from all the pizza and junk I ate the previous night – it wasn’t uncomfortable either.

If you look into it, you would see you have a certain amount of apples based on your weight and a tbs. of EVOO with most of them – that’s plenty of cals and actually fills you up.[/quote]

How is it that the ACV helps? If all you are consuming is ACV and Olive Oil, it may not be the ACV but, the oil that is cleaning you out. A high intake of oil with no solid food will give you the runs.

EDIT: It is also done with coconut oil alone. The world's top new source on natural health - NaturalNews.com

[quote]EvanX wrote:

@Andersons, firstly it’s cool that you’re speaking from experience – however I believe in the logic to a three day cleanse of fruit and olive oil. People have been doing variations of this for ages.

@ER, this isn’t fasting – eating a couple dozen apples and olive oil will provide enough calories to reach maintenance.

I used an abridged version of this Sunday morning after my show, within five hours I was COMPELTELY cleared out from all the pizza and junk I ate the previous night – it wasn’t uncomfortable either.

If you look into it, you would see you have a certain amount of apples based on your weight and a tbs. of EVOO with most of them – that’s plenty of cals and actually fills you up.[/quote]

How is it that the ACV helps? If all you are consuming is ACV and Olive Oil, it may not be the ACV but, the oil that is cleaning you out. A high intake of oil with no solid food will give you the runs.[/quote]

ACV generally clears me out pretty well – I imagine the combination works much better!

[quote]EvanX wrote:

How is it that the ACV helps? If all you are consuming is ACV and Olive Oil, it may not be the ACV but, the oil that is cleaning you out. A high intake of oil with no solid food will give you the runs.[/quote]

ACV generally clears me out pretty well – I imagine the combination works much better![/quote]

Have you continued with this or was it the one time? I am thinking of trying it.

[quote]EvanX wrote:

[quote]EvanX wrote:

ACV generally clears me out pretty well – I imagine the combination works much better![/quote]

Have you continued with this or was it the one time? I am thinking of trying it. [/quote]

I used the abridged version because I’ve got a second contest this weekend and couldn’t sit around eating apples all day, lol. I plan to do the whole 3 days after the thanksgiving holiday (once I’ve had my fill of junk food and pizza!) and ready to start a clean diet.

I’ve actually thought about doing a protein sparing modified fast. I’ve been feeling bloated lately and could stand to lose some fat, so I might give that a try to get things back on track

[quote]forbes wrote:
I’ve actually thought about doing a protein sparing modified fast. I’ve been feeling bloated lately and could stand to lose some fat, so I might give that a try to get things back on track
[/quote]

You can try a 24 hour fast, that’s another thing I’d like to try in the near future. It sounds scary but it can’t be that bad.

I don’t know how many of you are religious but the bible discuss fasting at length, it’s a good way to get in touch with the Lord – or nature/universe for those of you that are non-secular.

[quote]forbes wrote:
[/quote]

You can try a 24 hour fast, that’s another thing I’d like to try in the near future. It sounds scary but it can’t be that bad.

I don’t know how many of you are religious but the bible discuss fasting at length, it’s a good way to get in touch with the Lord – or nature/universe for those of you that are non-secular.[/quote]

I’ve been doing the pulse fast (with cheaper stuff) and it’s 36 hours, hunger isn’t much of an issue.

I dont know much about this apple cider stuff aside from the people who say that drinking a little bit every day is healthful

anyway.

This isnt supposed to be a cleanse or a rejuvination method but it will absolutely clear out your intestines/colon and reduce distention and bloating. Ive done it, it works, it feels good during and after.

Search “heckman flush”

Theres a thread on this site about it from around 2008. Googling it should also work.

Basically its a lot of psyllium husk, senna root(?), and activated charcoal. The senna loosens things up very mildly, the fiber scrapes everything off and the charcoal prevents the headaches that could come with the toxin release. Costs about $30

Then after this is done I recommend supplementing with psyllium husk or benefiber everyday. I dont care how many veggies you eat, powdered fiber works.

I do 36 hour fasts every Sunday. I don’t know if it provides all the benefits of a “cleanse”, but I can guarantee you that I am totally empty by noon on Monday when I end the fast. Drinks tons of water, and shit a couple times, and I feel great.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I dont know much about this apple cider stuff aside from the people who say that drinking a little bit every day is healthful

anyway.

This isnt supposed to be a cleanse or a rejuvination method but it will absolutely clear out your intestines/colon and reduce distention and bloating. Ive done it, it works, it feels good during and after.

Search “heckman flush”

Theres a thread on this site about it from around 2008. Googling it should also work.

Basically its a lot of psyllium husk, senna root(?), and activated charcoal. The senna loosens things up very mildly, the fiber scrapes everything off and the charcoal prevents the headaches that could come with the toxin release. Costs about $30

Then after this is done I recommend supplementing with psyllium husk or benefiber everyday. I dont care how many veggies you eat, powdered fiber works. [/quote]

Thanks for the info, I’ll google that!

[quote]forbes wrote:
[/quote]

I don’t know how many of you are religious but the bible discuss fasting at length, it’s a good way to get in touch with the Lord – or nature/universe for those of you that are non-secular.[/quote]

In Islam fasting is the same kinda thing. You do it for God, to get closer to God. Especially in the month of Ramadan.

Anyway,

I actually did my own version of this kinda fast last week without really knowing it. I had been feeling wicked bloated and uncomfortable – I had been eating a pound of beef a day… every day… and wow, I learned that my system does not like that one bit.

Anyway,

I basically ate a crap load of apples, drank a ton of water, and took a lot of green tea tablets.

I lost my intestines in the toilet and lost an inch of pure beef bloat off my waist. I feel a hundred times better now.

And some interesting things about Islamic fasting…

you don’t drink water or eat food from 3am - 5am (depending on your area) until 5-7pm (also depending on your area).

When I’ve done this - I feel like there is an inferno going on in my body, I sweat profusely, and I could almost see my arms shrink throughout the day. When I finally ate - it was almost as if somebody pumped air back into my arms and I could feel something running through my muscles. Similar to a pump from lifting.

The main downside of fasting during Ramadan though is… it’s an entire month… and if you’re not used to it or your stomach shrinks (mine does every time… I’ve done it 2 years)… you will lose a shit ton of weight REALLY fast. Muscle, water, glycogen, fat… it doesn’t matter. You will lose it doing it that way unless you can somehow manage to keep your appetite for when you finally can eat.

For about the first week both years I’ve fasted during Ramadan… every first meal I eat I throw up. My body seems to like to starve…

Also, I wouldn’t recommend foods high in niacin as one of the first things you eat after fasting… the tingling feeling that spreads through your body and makes you feel flushed can be kinda scary after not eating or drinking for 10 hours you were awake.

Interesting experience, there’s definitely a lot of similarities between the religions–in my opinion at least. Do you meditate or pray a lot during Ramadan?

CLEANSING IS DUMB. Our body doesn’t work like a toilet and just “flush” things out with a cleanse.

stop putting junk in, there’s an easy answer.

The body is constantly getting rid of toxins. These things are only popular because people are trying to make a buck off selling you on something, or the people pushing them just have no clue.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
CLEANSING IS DUMB. Our body doesn’t work like a toilet and just “flush” things out with a cleanse.

stop putting junk in, there’s an easy answer.

The body is constantly getting rid of toxins. These things are only popular because people are trying to make a buck off selling you on something, or the people pushing them just have no clue[/quote]

Did you even read the thread? No one is selling anything–you eat apples, vinegar, and olive oil for three days. Stop putting junk in, easier said than done when over 90% of items at your local supermarket are loaded with preservatives, hormones, and other junk.

I’m thinking on the other side of the coin so to speak. If eating apples and olive oil cleans you out, why not apply this to your every day diet? I’m not saying fasting, but maybe one meal a day should be a “cleanser meal”.

I’m no fan of grains and wondering why you wouldn’t eat grains while trying to cleanse. Why don’t some of the grain advocates on this thread who are doing a cleanse include just a particular grain instead of fruit and see what happens?

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
I’m thinking on the other side of the coin so to speak. If eating apples and olive oil cleans you out, why not apply this to your every day diet? I’m not saying fasting, but maybe one meal a day should be a “cleanser meal”.

I’m no fan of grains and wondering why you wouldn’t eat grains while trying to cleanse. Why don’t some of the grain advocates on this thread who are doing a cleanse include just a particular grain instead of fruit and see what happens? [/quote]

I don’t see why not either; I doubt there’s anything magical about apples but why try to reinvent the wheel? I eat grains everyday anyways, it’s not a big deal for me to go without for a few. I know a lot of people do the cleanse with apple juice, I’d prefer the apple though. Perhaps fruit is simply easier to digest.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

I’m no fan of grains and wondering why you wouldn’t eat grains while trying to cleanse. Why don’t some of the grain advocates on this thread who are doing a cleanse include just a particular grain instead of fruit and see what happens? [/quote]

I don’t see why not either; I doubt there’s anything magical about apples but why try to reinvent the wheel? I eat grains everyday anyways, it’s not a big deal for me to go without for a few. I know a lot of people do the cleanse with apple juice, I’d prefer the apple though. Perhaps fruit is simply easier to digest.[/quote]

I figure the fiber content of the apple is the reason behind it’s importance. Also, I find that having something solid hit my stomach seems to kickstarts my metabolism. Apples or veges sound like a logical approach to me.