23 & 5'11, 3 Years Progress

Heres my transformation so far. I started working out routinely in March 2010, I came home off leave thinking i looked good, looked in the mirror and was disgusted. Took these first few pics and I’ve been lifting weights ever since.
*Edit, I’m 24 now, training 4 straight years, strictly powerlifting training the past year. Man the year flew by.
***Edit 3JULY14, new pics bottom of this post

On the left is when i Started, 5’11 170lbs, on the right is as of June 20th after 2 weeks of meat and eggs, 5’11 181lbs.
[photo]38954[/photo][photo]38960[/photo]
[photo]38958[/photo][photo]38961[/photo]
[photo]38955[/photo][photo]38965[/photo]
[photo]38959[/photo][photo]38962[/photo]
[photo]38957[/photo][photo]38963[/photo]
[photo]38956[/photo][photo]38964[/photo]

I stopped the meat and eggs diet the day after this pic, let loose for a weekend. After de-bloating(went from 181 fri morning to 200lbs monday morning!!) I’m back on a regular low-carb diet. Been a steady 186.x lbs over the past 5 days
Also, check out my training log, AC’s training log!

7/17/2013

[photo]39034[/photo]
5’11, 182.5lbs, after 5/3/1 deadlift day, hit 345*9 completely raw just chalk, goal 1RM 500lbs in a meet raw by march… +1 on the tanline

7/3/14
5’11, 181.4lbs
[photo]40183[/photo]
[photo]40182[/photo]
[photo]40184[/photo]
and the wheels:
525lbs deadlift at 181.4lbs
[photo]40181[/photo]
405lb squat at mid 180s from about 3 months ago
[photo]40180[/photo]
I recently switched to low bar squatting and will test max in a few weeks, I dunked 385lbs beltless today fairly easy.

Legs, do you have them? Upper body is very aesthetic.

Damn, those are some serious eyebrows! As for the transformation, congrats - looking good.

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:
Legs, do you have them? Upper body is very aesthetic.[/quote]

unfortunately I lost one of my legs over in the middle east. damn ieds…jk, but I’ve never really cared about how my legs look. I’ve long arms(5’11 and a 76inch reach!) and long legs so it’s always been a struggle to add size to them. But…I weighed 184.2lbs this morning, both thighs/quads/hams measured 24inches, calves a tad over 15inches. Back in december when i was 215ish they were almost 26inches but then i got sick, lost weight, yada yada. I care more about strength then looks for my legs.

heres some wheels. weighing about jus over 200lbs
[photo]38971[/photo][photo]38970[/photo]

Haha about the eyebrows, I get that a lot from guys. Girls love em though because they’re so angled and shaped(i do not touch my eyebrows besides pluckin a lil uni hair once in a while), apparently it makes me look like batman or some shiz.

I’m getting into powerlifting, so my whole body’s goonna change, I know this is rate my physique, but i dont care what ya guys rate, this is more of a transformation/progress pic thread for me, I’ve a lot of in between pics i can put up, and I’ll update every month with new pics of my body’s journey into powerlifting and serious training.

Wait I’m confused, did you actually lose a leg in the Middle East or was that an attempt at humor?

The transormation is solid. Bigger and leaner. Developed a solid base.

You should care about how your legs look. They dont have to be totally proportionate to your upper body but you dont realize how silly you look if you let your upper body get too far ahead. You should at least strive to maintain a respectable size. They dont look like bird legs compared to your upper body yet, so you just need to make sure you give em the attention they deserve and you should be good.

Awesome job dude. Much respect.

x2 on the eyebrows. they come to a point like jack nichalson

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

You should care about how your legs look. They dont have to be totally proportionate to your upper body but you dont realize how silly you look if you let your upper body get too far ahead. You should at least strive to maintain a respectable size. They dont look like bird legs compared to your upper body yet, so you just need to make sure you give em the attention they deserve and you should be good. [/quote]

Thank you! I should of clarified, I DO train legs, I love training legs. I just don’t care what they look like, as long they aren’t chicken legs im happy, I’ll put a pic up of em currently in the next few days. My calves are slacking though, they just do not grow no matter what i put em through.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Wait I’m confused, did you actually lose a leg in the Middle East or was that an attempt at humor?[/quote]

no, i thankfully came back in one piece. Attempt at sarcasm since the guy asked if i had any legs.

[quote]arc23p wrote:

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

You should care about how your legs look. They dont have to be totally proportionate to your upper body but you dont realize how silly you look if you let your upper body get too far ahead. You should at least strive to maintain a respectable size. They dont look like bird legs compared to your upper body yet, so you just need to make sure you give em the attention they deserve and you should be good. [/quote]

Thank you! I should of clarified, I DO train legs, I love training legs. I just don’t care what they look like, as long they aren’t chicken legs im happy, I’ll put a pic up of em currently in the next few days. My calves are slacking though, they just do not grow no matter what i put em through.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Wait I’m confused, did you actually lose a leg in the Middle East or was that an attempt at humor?[/quote]

no, i thankfully came back in one piece. Attempt at sarcasm since the guy asked if i had any legs.[/quote]

Lol I wasn’t sure if you actually had a prosthetic either from your response.

Anyways, great transformation thus far, and keep up the pursuit of strength. It’s a fun journey.

damn man, you look mean as hell

I weighed in at 179.8lbs this morning! I’m pretty happy with that. With my job I’ve been working long shifts outside and its all physical labor. It’s pretty much been my cardio, might hop back on meat and eggs again for a week or two to see how lean I can get.

your back looks awesome.

your back is sick…but is it just me or does one leg look more ripped than the other?

[quote]MCtitflyes wrote:
your back looks awesome.[/quote]

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
your back is sick…but is it just me or does one leg look more ripped than the other?[/quote]

Thanks everybody, I get a lot of compliments about my back. I’ve always done a lot of pull ups, barbell rows and cable rows, never anything fancy really for back.

The one leg ripped than the other is probably just lighting/camera angle, that pic was months ago though. Soon I’ll get some current wheel pics

heres my current diet by the way, i copied and pasted it from my training log.

Decided to count calories and shizz for the fun of it, this is pretty much what i consume everyday, sometimes a lil more sometimes a lil less, but this is the average:

Breakfast:
4XL Eggs- 320 calories, 20g fat, 28g protein
1/4 cup steel cut oats- 150 calories, 2.5g fat, 27g carbs, 4g protein
(1 slice american cheese when I eat omeletes or Scrambled eggs-96 calories, 7g fat, 2g carbs, 5g protein)

Meal 2:
Tuna Fish(1 can, 2.5 servings)- 150calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 32.5g protein
1 cup mixed veggies- 40calories, 8g carbs, 1g protein

Meal 3:
8oz chicken(2 servings)- 200calories, 2g fat, 44g protein
1cup mixed veggies- 40calories, 8g, carbs, 1g protein
1/2cup brown rice- 150calories, 1.5g fat, 34g carbs, 3g protein

Meal 4:
6 pieces celery-didnt have nutrional info on bag, and various online sites greatly differ, but all prettyh much insignigicant for nutrional info
3 TB natty peanut butter- 277.5 calories, 24g fat, 10.5g carbs, 12g protein

Meal 5:
1/2 cup cottage cheese- 90calories, 1g fat, 4g carbs, 16g protein
1/4 serving whey- 52calories, .25g fat, 12.5g protein

PWO Shake- 210calories, 1g fat, 50g protein.

Totals:
1777.5 calories, 59.25g fat, 93.5g carbs, 209g protein

meals 2, 3, 4 are usually in various orders, usually meal 4 1st, then meal 3, then meal 2, sometimes i change em for variety, but the brown rice will usually be in meals 2 or 3. This has been pretty much my diet since june 1st, although on june 12 i did just meat and eggs until june 21st, back to this diet afterwards. I’ll probably keep this until september, its been working good so far maintaining around 180lbs. I know absolutely nothing about macros/mircos all that crazy stuff, anybody have input?

awesome progress man!

7/17/2013

[photo]39034[/photo]
5’11, 182.5lbs, after 5/3/1 deadlift day, hit 345*9 completely raw just chalk, goal 500lbs in a meet raw by march, possibly in the 181lb class… +1 on the tanline

Good job! Definitely filled out a lot. I’m especially impressed with your chest. Good upper development and you seemed to change shape and lose the gap in middle. Was wondering what your chest training was like?

[quote]Bmad wrote:
Good job! Definitely filled out a lot. I’m especially impressed with your chest. Good upper development and you seemed to change shape and lose the gap in middle. Was wondering what your chest training was like?[/quote]

My chest training has varied the last 3 years. When I first started working out I read alot of Flex Magazine and Muscle Mag, and all the chest articles always stated that a lot of people lagged in upper chest, so I always made it a priority to train upper chest from day 1. I incorporate alot of incline chest exercises in every chest workout. Incline Bench, Incline DB flyes, Incline Cable flyes, etc… In march of this year I started 3 months of Neil Hill’s y3t routine and all I did was Incline chest exercises. Did’t touch flat bench for months. Currently I’m doing 5/3/1 so I hit Incline bench once a week.