2014 NFL Thread

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
All I know this is going to be a LLLLLLOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG season for me. After last years Defense I would say all we can go is up…but now after the off season. I am not at all confident in that statement. [/quote]

ye of little faith.
[/quote]
Sigh. Dude not to be a dick but I have been a fan longer than you have been alive. Its called be realistic. JJ has set this team up to just out score people, tell me the last time that shit has worked? [/quote]

Maybe so chief. I’m 39 btw.

I just get the impression that you came onboard when Jimmy was here in the 90’s.

Outscoring the opponent works 100% of the time. haha

But, building your offensive line to be the best in the NFL works to help the defense if used properly. You can eat up the clock with the running game. I have zero problems with the Cowboys building their offensive line to be one of the best in the NFL.
[/quote]
Sorry work has been killing me so missed this.

Sorry but you struck me as much much younger. So that is a good thing at your age.

No I was a fan since we moved to Texas when I was 9 years old. Danny White and TD was who I started with. [/quote]

No problem.

Yeah, I get that in real life too, so I can’t complain there.

I sure wish they’d talk about Johnny football…

Not inspirational play from Hoyer, and Manziel looks strapped by the playbook(meaning, he clearly needs more time to learn this offense, not that he can’t work with it). Hoyer seems like he has to be the starter because of that problem, but he sure isn’t making it a 100% easy choice with play on the field.

Same old Browns

watching last night reminded me of the presidential elections where both guys suck, the fans/public will get screwed in the end, and the media will either be killing hoyer if wins the job, or killing coaching if manziel wins and plays poorly. Just like politics it’s a lose lose for everyone.

4-12 again…

Their Defense will be the bright spot for sure. Its still only the second preseason game. Chances are you are going to struggle big time the first half of the season with Gordon out. They will make a push at the end of the season. I just dont believe that JF is your future QB.

Of course last night we had a squad training so I got to finally watch after the Skins 1st team was off the field. I haven’t been able to see RG3 at all this preseason but from what I hear it hasn’t been too impressive.

It looked to me though that Manziel was already into the scrambling mode. Luckily he had some playmakers out there (like Gordon) who made it work to pick up yardage and a couple of their 2nd/3rd string guys made some nice catches. I’m still excited to watch the Browns play if not just for their defense.

Am I the only one that thinks that Manziel really screwed up with by flipping off the Skins? He basically hung a sign around his neck and said “All the trash talk is getting to me, so keep doing it”. The ragging will be turned up to another level and be merciless as this season goes, especially now.

2nd thought, the NFL is going the complete opposite direction it should be going with the WR contact rules. They should be allowing more fighting and grabbing, especially if they desire to make the game safer as it would slow things down a little bit. Its like they are trying to create these Arena football scoring games.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that Manziel really screwed up with by flipping off the Skins? He basically hung a sign around his neck and said “All the trash talk is getting to me, so keep doing it”. The ragging will be turned up to another level and be merciless as this season goes, especially now.

2nd thought, the NFL is going the complete opposite direction it should be going with the WR contact rules. They should be allowing more fighting and grabbing, especially if they desire to make the game safer as it would slow things down a little bit. Its like they are trying to create these Arena football scoring games. [/quote]
Agreed on one that JF just let his immaturity show and he is going to get even more BS.

NFL wants a Basketball score not a Hockey score.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

NFL wants a Basketball score not a Hockey score. [/quote]

I hate that. I love watching a defensive slugfest, and great CB play is some of the most exceptional play to watch but they are essentially handcuffing these guys.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

NFL wants a Basketball score not a Hockey score. [/quote]

I hate that. I love watching a defensive slugfest, and great CB play is some of the most exceptional play to watch but they are essentially handcuffing these guys.[/quote]
I agree, but the average 20 year old ADHD man and the average I want to see the men in tight pants women want the high score. The excitement of the high score.

Gone are the days of John Riggins rumbling down for a 20 yard touchdown for a 13-10 score.

Sigh. Now we have a twat that makes money signals and cant throw a simple in route with his slot receiver.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
2nd thought, the NFL is going the complete opposite direction it should be going with the WR contact rules. They should be allowing more fighting and grabbing, especially if they desire to make the game safer as it would slow things down a little bit. Its like they are trying to create these Arena football scoring games. [/quote]

They’ve gotta do something to get Peyton that 2nd ring…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

They’ve gotta do something to get Peyton that 2nd ring…[/quote]

See I think he could adapt to a new environment. Or at least I think he could have, he may be past the point of adapting at this point. But who knows, if he was used to playing teams that got up in his and his recievers grills maybe they wouldn’t have been so freaking caught off guard and lay one of the biggest eggs ever in the Superbowl. It would take a couple seasons but the QB’s, WR’s and OC’s would adapt and you would see offenses start to flow smoothly once again.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

They’ve gotta do something to get Peyton that 2nd ring…[/quote]

See I think he could adapt to a new environment. Or at least I think he could have, he may be past the point of adapting at this point. But who knows, if he was used to playing teams that got up in his and his recievers grills maybe they wouldn’t have been so freaking caught off guard and lay one of the biggest eggs ever in the Superbowl. It would take a couple seasons but the QB’s, WR’s and OC’s would adapt and you would see offenses start to flow smoothly once again.
[/quote]

Ya, I agree. Every year it just seems to get more and more absurd.

X2 on the NFL wanting a basketball score and 2 hand touch

I wonder at what point do the Browns coaches/front office realize that john football is not worth the hassle. Vince lombardi could not motivate a defense they way this kid can, and that’s not a good; especially if he’s not that good. And he seems completely lost.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
I wonder at what point do the Browns coaches/front office realize that john football is not worth the hassle. Vince lombardi could not motivate a defense they way this kid can, and that’s not a good; especially if he’s not that good. And he seems completely lost. [/quote]

Conner Shaw won the QB battle, hands down.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
X2 on the NFL wanting a basketball score and 2 hand touch [/quote]

The flags are aggravating as hell.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
I wonder at what point do the Browns coaches/front office realize that john football is not worth the hassle. Vince lombardi could not motivate a defense they way this kid can, and that’s not a good; especially if he’s not that good. And he seems completely lost. [/quote]

Conner Shaw won the QB battle, hands down. [/quote]

Can’t tell if serious.

Can some explain to me why everyone seems to love Johnny Football, but no one wants to give Tebow a shot?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Can some explain to me why everyone seems to love Johnny Football, but no one wants to give Tebow a shot? [/quote]

Not a particular fan of either but here’s my theory. Feel free to flame me to your heart’s content lol.

The perception, for now, is that Manz can throw the ball at the NFL level. Whether or not that’s true, we’ll see soon enough.

Tebow never did a convincing job to show he’s an NFL caliber passer.

On another note, Manz did a colossally stupid thing by giving the Redskins the finger. You just know defenses throughout the league are even more motivated to knock him down a peg or two. I can already see it now: whenever he gets sacked or intercepted, the opposing team and fans will make the $ sign. Good times.