Zyzz Legacy - Happy Birthday, Brah. RIP

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
There were probably some really old-timers telling their grandsons “Arnold is the Eugene Sandow of your generation!”[/quote]

NO GRANDPA, EUGENE (that leaf wearin’ m’fer) IS THE ARNOLD OF YOUR GENERATION!!!

[quote]Phyzeekk wrote:

Mehh. One less douchebag in the world… I said it.

[/quote]

Fact.

That kid is a prime example of what is wrong with my generation. Nothing but narcissistic, self-promoting behaviour. Seemingly gave little-to-nothing to the world except encouragement for other kids to become self-promoting narcissists.

Atleast they wont be fat narcissists

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[quote]Phyzeekk wrote:

[/quote]

Fact.

That kid is a prime example of what is wrong with my generation. Nothing but narcissistic, self-promoting behaviour. Seemingly gave little-to-nothing to the world except encouragement for other kids to become self-promoting narcissists.[/quote]

implying the older generation are a bunch of charitable saints.

You forgot admired, motivated, famous, intelligent, successful and bangin’, btw.

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[quote]Phyzeekk wrote:

[/quote]

Fact.

That kid is a prime example of what is wrong with my generation. Nothing but narcissistic, self-promoting behaviour. Seemingly gave little-to-nothing to the world except encouragement for other kids to become self-promoting narcissists.[/quote]

You forgot admired, motivated, famous, intelligent, successful and bangin’, btw.[/quote]

Not implying anything about other generations.

I suppose success is relative, but being a part time stripper and male model doesn’t count as successful for me.

I also refuse to believe someone who uses the phrase “fucking cunts” in every sentence is all that intelligent.

As far as the famous and admired thing goes…it kind of proves my point. Why don’t we all just strive to be famous, admired and bangin’(read narcissistic) instead of productive, introspective, educated etc…?

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[quote]Phyzeekk wrote:

[/quote]

Fact.

You forgot admired, motivated, famous, intelligent, successful and bangin’, btw.[/quote]

I suppose success is relative, but being a part time stripper and male model doesn’t count as successful for me.

I also refuse to believe someone who uses the phrase “fucking cunts” in every sentence is all that intelligent.

As far as the famous and admired thing goes…it kind of proves my point. Why don’t we all just strive to be famous, admired and bangin’(read narcissistic) instead of productive, introspective, educated etc…?
[/quote]

We can’t all be nuclear scientists and have a Ph.D., like you.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[quote]Phyzeekk wrote:

[/quote]

Fact.

[/quote]

We can’t all be nuclear scientists and have a Ph.D., like you.[/quote]

No, we probably couldn’t all be nuclear scientists, but we could start by looking up to people who offer more to the world.

I think this argument actually ended when you called out male strippers and models. Who are you to define success? Not everyone gives a shit about the world. In fact, not a lot of people do. There is no value in making the world a “better place” and “contributing”. Fuck that shit. There is no value in ANYTHING you do, so you might as well do what you want and do it right. THAT is what the Zyzz (dare I say) philosophy is about. He didn’t come up with it, but he inspired a lot of people. Honestly, Zyzz is probably more widely known than a lot of doctors, physicists, mathematicians, etc… that made a “difference” and a “contribution” to this world. And if you define success as being famous, then I’d say Zyzz wins.

If your only argument is that you think his priorities are wrong and that he should care more about contributing than enjoying life and being famous, than there is no argument here - it will go nowhere. You can’t argue priorities.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Kant Smasher wrote:
He’s the Arnold of our generation.
[/quote]

Arnold is the Arnold of my generation.
[/quote]

I’m pretty sure no-one will remember Zyzz in ten years time. But they’ll remember Arnold.

I was reading that he died of a congenital heart defect. His family noted that he started exhibiting cardiac symptoms in the months leading up to his death. His mother is a cardiologist. There is puportedly a history of heart problems in his family.

So, my question is: why didn’t his family encourage him to visit a cardiologist when he started showing symptoms? Perhaps his death could have been prevented.

[quote]Consul wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Kant Smasher wrote:
He’s the Arnold of our generation.
[/quote]

Arnold is the Arnold of my generation.
[/quote]

I’m pretty sure no-one will remember Zyzz in ten years time. But they’ll remember Arnold.
[/quote]

Yeah they’ll remember him for having an illegitimate child with his dog-faced maid.

For those who like Arnold but don’t understand the appeal of Zyzz, what’s the difference? Both were egotistical & narcissistic, and became famous for their bodies.

[quote]NP wrote:
I think this argument actually ended when you called out male strippers and models. Who are you to define success? Not everyone gives a shit about the world. In fact, not a lot of people do. There is no value in making the world a “better place” and “contributing”. Fuck that shit. There is no value in ANYTHING you do, so you might as well do what you want and do it right. Honestly, Zyzz is probably more widely known than a lot of doctors, physicists, mathematicians, etc… that made a “difference” and a “contribution” to this world.[/quote]

I sincerely hope you are joking here.

If you are not, then your attitude is a major part of the problem. Just read over what you typed. It helps to prove, in every facet, my points. I think you actually just won this argument for me, so thanks. Enough said.

[quote]Proud_Virgin wrote:
what’s the difference?

[/quote]

Oh, aside from the Olympia titles, movie roles, Governorship, nuttin’ much.

[quote]NP wrote:
If your only argument is that you think his priorities are wrong and that he should care more about contributing than enjoying life and being famous, than there is no argument here - it will go nowhere. You can’t argue priorities. [/quote]

Personally, I say he’s nothing special because after doing enough roidz to blow his heart out after only 5 years his grand accomplishment was… 210lbs at 6’1".

John Romaniello said it best in the original Zyzz thread
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/zyzz_found_death?id=4719683&pageNo=0

[quote]John Romaniello wrote:
Wait. I’m sorry. I just want to make sure I have this right…

He was a 22 year old kid who created a massive internet following because he had a great physique (nicer than most posters here) and liked to talk about how awesome his life was and all the girls he banged owing to that physique.

He’s getting hated on because he wasn’t big enough for dudes on the internet to consider him impressive by bodybuilding standards.

Good physique? Check.
Sleeps with lots of girls? Check.
Understanding of his strengths? Check.
Willingness to exploit them to make a living? Check.
Makes money doing something he enjoys? Check.
22 year old kid making more money than many grown men? Check.

Yea, he totally sucks. Who’d want all of that.

I’m sorry he passed and sorry for his family. [/quote]

Haters

[quote]
Q?:‘What is your mindset like, Zyzz? Be honest.’

Zyzz: 'Everybody, one day, will die, and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Fck a mundane and predictable life working from Monday to Friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, don’t be afraid to get out there and fck what everyone else thinks. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way.

Don’t ever pay people out or put people down. Instead, just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. I’d rather be a person that’s hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man once said…

Haters gonna hate!'[/quote]

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/zyzz_found_death?id=4719683&pageNo=0

He was a 22 year old kid who created a massive internet following because he had a great physique (nicer than most posters here) and liked to talk about how awesome his life was and all the girls he banged owing to that physique.

He’s getting hated on because he wasn’t big enough for dudes on the internet to consider him impressive by bodybuilding standards.

Good physique? Check.

Haters

Again, 210lbs at 6’1". You don’t have to obliterate your heart to weigh that much if you have 5 years to do it.

There are lots of kids cycling like retards, many of which I’m sure die long before they smarten up. Why is Zyzz so special?

If I had to chose between being me and being him; Me. No contest.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Proud_Virgin wrote:
what’s the difference?

[/quote]

Oh, aside from the Olympia titles, movie roles, Governorship, nuttin’ much.[/quote]

yeah…Arnold did most of that later in his life. He won his first Olympia when he was older than Zyzz–who knows how far Zyzz could have taken it had he not died?

They’re both pretty much the same person, they just existed at different times, with different opportunities.

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

Good physique? Check.

Haters

Again, 210lbs at 6’1". You don’t have to obliterate your heart to weigh that much if you have 5 years to do it.

There are lots of kids cycling like retards, many of which I’m sure die long before they smarten up. Why is Zyzz so special?

If I had to chose between being me and being him; Me. No contest. [/quote]

Obliterate his heart? He had a pre-existing condition.

Why is Arnold so special?

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

Good physique? Check.

Haters

Depends.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

Good physique? Check.

Haters

Obliterate his heart? He had a pre-existing condition.

Why is Arnold so special?[/quote]

That doesn’t make it better. If I was going to so much as consider steroids I would make damn sure my heart could take it.
And personally, I find the whole “previously undiagnosed heart condition” line to be a bit suspicious. Finally, even his parents noticed signs of heart problems in the last several months of his life. What did Zyzz do about it? Go to Thailand for some good ol’ Thai-roids.

Arnold isn’t in the ground.