Your Hardest Workout Ever?

I was trying to hit 5 x 5 @ 375 on deads and after the 5th set I had to lay down on the floor and try not to shit and puke on myself.

Most soreness: After doing “The kill”.

Most tired: After doing 10 sets of 10 reps in the squat, at a heavy weight (for me) at that time of 142.5kg. When I think of it there are more workouts that I remember, but that one in particular I remember, I was so tired I had a problem just opening my mouth. :wink:

Most winded: Sprinting a 25-40% degree uphill 100m course 5 times.

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
Mine get tougher every day but a few days ago I was pushing myself further than usual on DB Flyes at the end of my workout on chest/shoulders day. Ended up with a nice tension headache for 2 days![/quote]

I suggest you don’t try squats or deadlifts. You might end up with a headache that lasts for 2 months!

[quote]Modi wrote:
Other recent brutal workouts would include Week 4 Day 3 of the Smolov Intense Meso Cycle. After just establishing a 50lb PR in the Squat, it had me do 3 sets of 4 with 95% of my NEW max. This was roughly 104% of my max from 6 weeks prior. If that’s too much math, take your max, add 4% to it and do 3 sets of 4 with it. I’ve had plenty of workouts that left me dizzy, neauseous, head spinning, etc. This was nothing like that. I just plain wanted to curl up in a ball and die from CNS overload.[/quote]

Hahaha… I laughed so hard. I love to read about other lifters suffering. Hahahahha… Seemed like
you had some heck of a ride! :smiley:

Lactic sessions on the track with my Polish (sadist) coach. 200m, 60s rest. Flat out until your time drops below the threshold. Then 150s. Then a 400 to finish? Why not?

The only time I have not felt like living any more.
Headache bad enough to stop me from standing up for 20 minutes at least.

[quote]badmf wrote:
Lactic sessions on the track with my Polish (sadist) coach. 200m, 60s rest. Flat out until your time drops below the threshold. Then 150s. Then a 400 to finish? Why not?

The only time I have not felt like living any more.
Headache bad enough to stop me from standing up for 20 minutes at least.[/quote]

Hoho. That was some sick stuff!

My last PFT. Pullups and crunches went fine…Then came the run. 3 miles in the heat. I was pumped about hitting a higher score, so I didn’t pace well. First mile: 5:20. Final Time: 20:30. Definite dropoff.

End result: spent the last mile dry heaving. Finished and dry heaved some more for good measure.

For me I’d have to say that the hardest workouts are either speed/conditioning workouts or Metabolic circuits. 8 forty yard suicides at 5 yard increments winds even my national level sprinting coach! If you think it sounds easy do the math and count the yards!

worst two weeks of my life Polquin’s super accumulation program. let me tell you after squatting 18 times in 13 days, you want to shoot yourself. by the last 3 days i had to sit in a sauna to start my arm up, i was so weak by the end i had to use lighter bands to do glute activation…which felt as hard as a squat the last day…i lost 11 lbs and 30% strength on my close grip bench, front squat, snatch grip dead lift and Chin up…but after the recovery week and 3 hour long massages it all back on plus 6 lbs of muscle and lost 3 lbs of body fat…try it

wrestling workouts ftw.
this past season we had a week where the first 25 minutes was hard drilling: you fight to the setup, you fight for the takedown, your partner fights your takedown but eventually gives it to you, then the top man applies pressure from the top during the escape and repeat. the takedown was switched every minute and if anybody came out of a stance we ran the stairs with bricks for 10 minutes before starting over. the rest of the practice was live ironmans. groups of three, 1 man in the middle for 25 minutes, other two guys rotate between takedowns. every man had one 25 minute session.

that was by far the most taxing workouts ive ever done. there were no waterbreaks. i was wearing a singlet with a tshirt over it and changed my tshirt 4 times before just waering the singlet. the singlet was so soaked that my entire body was vixible through it and it was a red singlet. the mat was still wet the next morning when we came in for a drill session.

yeah id have to say my muay thai workouts were the hardest things before. just the whole conditioning aspect and getting ready for a fight is all hard hard training.

aside from that lifting wise
I’d have to say BBB is kickin my ass right now…got 4 sets of 13-15 reps on squats tomorrow…next week is 5 sets.
Shit is gonna hurt lol. Oh and 90 seconds rest.
First set will be 365x15.
LETSSSS RIDDDDEEEE!

Richard Simmons’ “Sweating to the Oldies II” dvd. I did the entire 1 hour workout in 59 minutes.

Stength training-wise, more from my Polish coach. He had us do ‘circuit training’.

Like 10 circuits:

5 reps power clean (max weight)
hs curl
Bench press 5rm
max pull-up

followed by:

5x10 front squats
max dips
high box jumps

or some other crazy shit.

He showed me that what does not kill you can make you stronger. And what almost kills you can make you stronger pretty quickly. But he is pretty tight with his mesocycles - watches his athletes to see how they are progressing and adjusting. Surprisingly, girls do best and handle his stuff well. Strongest girls I have ever seen.

[quote]Smallfry69 wrote:
Mine would be the “barfing” contests me and my old training partner would do.

These were all out leg workouts which consisted of pushing past your sticking points on every exercise for assisted reps and drop sets. The goal was to make the other guy puke by out-lifting, out-repping, etc. Whoever puked first, lost and had to buy our post-workout meal.

These were truly brutal and you’re being egged on the entire time, not to mention others in the gym would come by and circle around to watch, so you really couldn’t whimp out. Plus you got all them saying “C’mon do another, do another” so you would just to outdo your buddy.
[/quote]

ye im a fan of these :stuck_out_tongue: nothing pushes you harder than trying to outsquat your mate lol…well until you blackout and fall into the rack lol

C&J
143 +8kg training PB, +1kg comp PB

MP 83kg @ 90kg,
70kg x 3reps x 3sets

Back squat
187kg +7kg PB

100kg x 20reps x 2sets

I think the worse was the 100kg x 20reps x 2sets. I was proper beasted for 4 days and I rarely get sore unless I’ve taken 7 days off training. I was destroyed and in pieces. Legs were hanging, lower back was fatigued to hell. I don’t do any reps. This is about the 4th this year that I’ve done more then 4reps.

Why do 100 x 20reps? Because my bro @ 71kg did and was tearing in to me to see if I could do it. Then he did 15reps for his 2nd set and I had to do 20reps to show him who was the boss.

Koing

I’m surprised there hasn’t been an influx of youngsters screaming about their 72 set chest workout, which was 6 sets of bench presses with 5 forced reps at the end of each set, triple drop set incline flies, giant setting incline barbell, incline dumbell, incline flye, and cable crossover followed by quadruple dropset rest/pause pec decs. HA!!!

My hardest workouts were in no specific order-The bear complex, which is basically a deadlift, power clean, front squat, push press, back squat, push press done back to back 7 times, adding weight every set and stopping once you can’t do it 7 times anymore.

20 rep squat routines. Period. I did the modified version, 2x a week, 1st session was squats, benches and rows, 2nd was squats, military press and pullups. 20 rep squats make you question your life.

Defranco’s WSFSB leg day. Max effort box squats up to a 5rm, followed by bulgarian split squats,(ugh) straight leg deadlifts and DC style calf raises. Again, making you hate yourself for deciding to follow the routine.

the first time i did a dc widowmaker.

My hardest “workout” ever was canoeing on a river after a 12" snowfall in freezing temperatures which created a really rough sheet of ice.

This stretch of river should have taken only four hours to float, however, it took about nine due to the fact that instead of paddling I had to slide on ice most of the way using a shovel in rowing motion to propel the canoe, myself, and 200# of gear over and through patchy ice which occasionally gave way forcing me to get the canoe back onto the ice so I could continue sliding.

No amount of pull-ups, bb or db rows, or really any weightroom work can prepare you for this activity. Literally I thought I was going to die at one point, but at least the scenery was spectacular.

There are a few gravel pits near my house I go to on some weekends…Run up a sand and gravel hill then swim across the pond and repeat…sounds not so bad but anyone who has run in sand knows what i’m talking about…pure agony.Also pick-up hockey with no subs ranks up there.

I’m going to try dragonboat racing next month and i’ve heard that can be pretty brutal.

[quote]bjjwannabe152 wrote:
wrestling workouts ftw.
this past season we had a week where the first 25 minutes was hard drilling: you fight to the setup, you fight for the takedown, your partner fights your takedown but eventually gives it to you, then the top man applies pressure from the top during the escape and repeat. the takedown was switched every minute and if anybody came out of a stance we ran the stairs with bricks for 10 minutes before starting over. the rest of the practice was live ironmans. groups of three, 1 man in the middle for 25 minutes, other two guys rotate between takedowns. every man had one 25 minute session.

that was by far the most taxing workouts ive ever done. there were no waterbreaks. i was wearing a singlet with a tshirt over it and changed my tshirt 4 times before just waering the singlet. the singlet was so soaked that my entire body was vixible through it and it was a red singlet. the mat was still wet the next morning when we came in for a drill session.[/quote]

I sorta agree here. There is no doubt that live drilling has to be one of the most exhausting things ever, but at least its kinda fun so it doesn’t suck as bad as just running.