Your Dream Car?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
What exactly isn’t “supercar” enough about a 217 mph top speed?

Well it is a ‘supercar’ of sorts (price and looks) but the thing was shite. It was supposed to be 4WD. “Um no sorry, we can’t afford that”. Right, so what about the V12? “Er, no, sorry, that’s too expensive and heavy”.

Basically, it started with a great spec, and ended up as a series of hideous compromises. Not my idea of a true supercar.

Price went up by a huge amount, leaving customers wanting to back out of their purchase agreements with jaguar.

In short, I think it was the best ‘supercar that never was’.

And top speed doesn’t necessarily mean automatic entry into the supercar hall of fame. The latest Nissan Skyline is a giant killer of a car, with incredible performance, etc, but it will never be a supercar IMO. It just doesn’t have the pedigree. Like th XJ220 doesn’t have the pedigree. Sure, it was developed by Jag, who do have some pedigree, but they messed the XJ220 up too badly.

The XJR-15 on the other hand, was much better, though still not a ‘supercar’ in the true sense of the word (IMO anyway).

BBB[/quote]

I guess being the fastest production car ever for 5 years is below your standards. (I think the McLaren dethroned it)

Unless I’m mistaking, Christian Bael drives one in batman begins. If it’s good enough for Batman, it’s good enough for me.

Throwing out the v-12 for weight issues is a good reason in my book. If you can get comparable power out of a much lighter motor, why not?

Edit: the V6 actually exceeded the original spec of 500hp all the way up to 550 (more than they could have apparently gotten out of the v12)

73 corvette with T top.

I concur with the others on the Nissan GTR!

LR

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I’m surprised no one has brought up the xj220.

Also, if talking about classic cars I think the xj13 is the prettiest car ever made (though it never hit production).[/quote]

Wow. The xj13, she’s beautiful. I’ll get one, some day.

Why don’t you all just go build your dream cars! Sounds crazy?

Complete with Mr. Fusion.

Especially if it transforms.

I’d also have to go with the vanquish. Thanks to Bond lol

Realistically, I’m partial to the Evo X.

In fantasy land… I’ve always like the Enzo or F430 (two completely different ballparks price-wise, but whatever).

the motherfucking Batmobile

I’d drive that shit with pride.

Well, I really like the bandit trans-am…

For all you guys that are saying the GTR you do realize that pretty much the second you drive that thing off the lot Nissan is gonna try to use any excuse to not cover warranty when the tranny goes on it.

[quote]lildave wrote:
For all you guys that are saying the GTR you do realize that pretty much the second you drive that thing off the lot Nissan is gonna try to use any excuse to not cover warranty when the tranny goes on it.[/quote]

That’s a myth. Thanks.

And besides, there are no warranties needed in ‘dream’ anythings.

[quote]elano wrote:
Well, I really like the bandit trans-am… [/quote]

I have that exact rolling chassis in my back yard. Lol wewt

where to start?!

I love the '65 Shelby GT350, would like a real 427 Cobra too.

My dream garage would have to have a Lancia S4 Turbo Group B rally car, a classic 2-door Range Rover, 1966 Ford GT40, McLaren F1 and maybe a Lamborghini Reventon.

I could go on…

The tumbler:

That or a Mitsubishi Evo, or Subaru Imbrezza,

“DREAM CAR!!!” & YOU GUYS ARE POSTING MUSTANGS, NISSANS, ETC… When i think dream cars im thinking the following, we can discuss this all day long but this is the Baddest car on the planet!!!

what!!! thats incredible!