Your Dream Car?

Saleen S7 twin turbo, because pushrods rule.

F-40 and GT40 (the originals) are my runners up.

http://www.saleen.com/saleen_s7_photo_gallery.htm

Go America! We know how to do excessive properly.

http://www.saleen.com/saleen_s7_performance.htm

…a car you well never own…but in your dreams.

Bugatti Take Off:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
…a car you well never own…but in your dreams.

Bugatti Take Off:

I saw this exact bugatti at a show in monterey bay last summer. Easily one of the sexiest things I’ve ever witnessed.

[quote]OrangeBroccoli wrote:
Zonda F for me. It has been my dream car forever. Koenigsegg CCX, Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini Countach and Ferrari F50/40 are all close runner-ups. [/quote]

I also got to see a Zonda R last spring that some guy was taking on a trailer. Me and my buddies followed him for about 15 minutes, till he pulled over and stopped for gas so we said hi, found out he was driving it up to Canada to get it registered. Made my day.

My dream car would hafta be the mazda RX7, not cause its my favorite car out there, but mostly cause I’ll actually be able to afford one someday. Otherwise I’d say McClaren F1…

Now that I’m awake from my dream…I would have to “settle” for this.

Nissan 370Z is coming soon.

I hope they widen those headlights.

It looks like it has Downs right now.

I’d just like my last car back. Why the hell did I sell this?

[quote]B rocK wrote:

It looks like it has Downs right now.[/quote]

I’m kind of 50/50 about the headlights. But I guess they figured if it’d look good on the GT-R…it will look good on the 370Z. It works better for the GT-R since it has a longer front chassis…

[quote]B rocK wrote:
I’d just like my last car back. Why the hell did I sell this?[/quote]

That depends on what you sold it for.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
I’d just like my last car back. Why the hell did I sell this?[/quote]

Depends on what you bought in it’s place?

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
By the way, for you “modern” car guys, I saw a Lotus Exige on my way into work today. My dad’s always been a Lotus guy.[/quote]

I bet that little Lotus is pretty damn fun to drive.

I’ve always like the Caterham 7 as well. Pure driving fun.

And while supercars are great, I don’t really see the point of owning one. They require constant maintenance, are pretty unreliable(coughlambocough), and can really only be driven on a track because American roads are shit. Sure, I’d love to have a Koenigsegg in my garage, but what the fuck am I going to do with it?

Like hell I’m leaving it anywhere for some fucker to slam their car door into, and the thing pretty much won’t go less than 135mph, and really with a car like that, it’s just wrong to go any slower.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
B rocK wrote:
I’d just like my last car back. Why the hell did I sell this?

That depends on what you sold it for.[/quote]

Damn you, got there first.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Bugatti Veyron

Pagani Zonda F

Ferrari F40

Porsche Carrera GT

BBB[/quote]

I think Rent’s one friend owns a Carrera GT but wouldn’t let him drive it. Horrible woman. :slight_smile:

my lottery car
1959 Cadillac Convertible Series 62

nothing else like it

I’m surprised no one has brought up the xj220.

Also, if talking about classic cars I think the xj13 is the prettiest car ever made (though it never hit production).

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
I’m surprised no one has brought up the xj220.

Also, if talking about classic cars I think the xj13 is the prettiest car ever made (though it never hit production).

The XJ220, are you serious? That car was a bag of crud. I mean it had a V6 engine, which is alright in anything other than a ‘supercar’ which this was supposed to be, despite falling far short of it’s original design brief.

BBB[/quote]

A twin turbo 550hp V6 in the late 80s. And I don’t think they look too bad either.

Number of cylinders doesn’t mean anything, it’s hard to read a V8 badge in the rear view mirror.

What exactly isn’t “supercar” enough about a 217 mph top speed?

[quote]B rocK wrote:

It looks like it has Downs right now.[/quote]

They changed it slightly:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=10&article_id=7175

Click on slideshow. The 370z is supposed to be up to 200 lbs (!!!) lighter and have 50 HP more. Craziness.

Nissan knows what it is doing. I just hope they offer a dual-clutch paddle shift option a la the GT-R. Then, this car would compete with the Jherr-menz.