Wrists and Thumb Joints?

Hey there all,

About a month and a half ago my 4 year old twisted out of my grip and sprained my thumb joint on my left hand. It has also seriously weakened my wrists and for some reason my right hand and wrist has followed suit in some kind of strange sympathetic response.

Curls, presses almost every exercise where arms are in use are affected by this nagging injury.

Any suggestions on how to either protect these areas or strengthen them up again would be appreciated.

~ Leich

When I broke my hook of hamate in my left hand a few years ago, I found wrist wraps helped tremendously while I rebuilt grip strength. At the very least, I had greater confidence in pressing exercises that I wasn’t going to drop the bar.

Metal wraps are good, and for me APT wraps are better. www.prowriststraps.com

[quote]sdspeedracer wrote:
When I broke my hook of hamate in my left hand a few years ago, I found wrist wraps helped tremendously while I rebuilt grip strength. At the very least, I had greater confidence in pressing exercises that I wasn’t going to drop the bar.

Metal wraps are good, and for me APT wraps are better. www.prowriststraps.com[/quote]

Thanks for the response,

My guess I have some kind of tendonitus( hence the sympathetic response in both wrists). Of course i have been using wrist wraps but I feel pain shooting through the insides of my wrists and then after working out I have to be careful putting too much stress on the thumbs. Guess I’m just going to have to use less weight for awhile and hope it comes around.

~ Leich