World Breaker Brett: Having fun

Really I’ve stuck to the basic of eating minimal to no carbs leading up to my workouts, having some diluted juice while I workout and then after my workout it’s a carb fest of whatever I feel like usually up until about 30minutes before I go to bed, I’ve eaten anywhere from 2 packs of Ramen or an entire Totino’s mini pizza as snacks to sweet potatoes and rice as snacks. And on off days not eating any carbs.

A usual day of eating for me on a workout day would look something like this for me:

• Breakfast: 4 eggs, anywhere from a quarter to half pound of venison sausage and plenty of vegetables (Sometimes fruit)

• Lunch: A half pound or so of lean ground beef with vegetables. Beef is in anyway I want, sometimes I’ll make meatballs, sometimes I’ll make stew, and sometimes I’m too lazy to do any of that and just cook the beef and throw it in container with vegetables

• Dinner: Whatever mom makes. Usually pretty hearty or healthy. With lean meats and basic carbs like potatoes or rice.

• Snacks: What your average college student would eat basically. Ramen, Pizza Rolls, Personal Pizza’s, I try to stay away from sweets though, usually no matter what they make me fatter:(

But lately I’ve been sleeping better and I think that has been a huge contributor to my recent weight gain, also I’ve stopped looking at the scale very often and just looked to improve strength and muscle size. I don’t plan on looking at the scale again for a long time.

1 Like

That’s a good approach. I don’t monitor when I eat my macros, but I just try to eat everything in sight that looks like it might have protein in it. I walk a few miles every day by default, so I stay in shape, haha. A typical breakfast for me will be a lot of granola (40 g. protein), lunch will be chicken/rice/vegetable, snack will be 3 seed bars + sunflower seeds (8 g. protein each, I eat 3/4 cup sunflower seeds a day), and dinner will be more chicken/rice noodles/vegetables. Because deriving from anything I just listed here may inflame my intestines and cause me a whole lot of pain/discomfort, I end up eating very clean foods. It’s been working for me, so I’m not complaining. I also try to jam as much fruit as possible down my throat.

1 Like

Guess I should count my blessings, the only thing that makes my stomach hurt is Tacobell… but my dumbass still eats it lol.

1 Like

Taco Bell is for drunks/those looking for cheap, quick food.

1 Like

You may find this interesting:
The first and only Taco Bell in Brisbane opened up around this time last year, in a South-Western suburb called Alderley. Still, there are people who plan entire afternoons to take the 20-30+ minute drive to Taco Bell for a meal, and some who day dream and pine to go for the first time.

2 Likes

They will be highly disappointed afterwards, haha. That, White Castle, and Burger King are the best colon cleansers I have ever come across (in my pre-celiac days, of course).

2 Likes

Try going to India, Indonesia or the Philippines :joy:.

Brutal.

2 Likes

Curry chicken is good.

1 Like

@liftangryordie500 @j4gga2 All your talk of 20rep squats makes me want to go for a big set. Might go for a 215/97kg x20+ on Monday with the SSB. We’ll see how that goes… yikes.

2 Likes

Jesus. Good luck. I did the 190 x 21 after my 250 x 10 Set (both were done beltless, by the way), so maybe I had more in the tank. I’m not sure. Haha

1 Like

Death.
Go get it animal

1 Like

10/15/18- Gut Check baby.
This squat session was just what I needed to get me fired back up.

SSB Squats-
Bar x20
155lbs/70kg x5
225lbs/102kg x5
245lbs/111kg x10
225lbs/102kg x21 (JYOOOCY PR HERE BABY WOOO!)
(This made me feel fucking euphoric. My best set of 20 rep squats before this was 185lbs/84kg. So to up it by 40lbs/18kg and on my worst back squat variation was huge for me. Thanks @j4gga2 & @liftangryordie500 for planting that idea in my mind!

Front Squats-
Bar x1
135lbs/62kg x1
185lbs/84kg x1
215lbs/97kg x6
(Was supposed to go for 2 sets of 8-12 here so kinda disappointing, core was NOT having it)

Incline Bench- SS W/Paused Chest Supported T-Bar Rows x5x5
Bar x20
135lbs/62kg x5
155lbs/70kg x5x2

Accessory Work

• Giant Set
    1.GHR’s- x2x8
    2.Paused AWRO’s- x2x8
    3.Weighted Calf Raises- x2x10, 1.5 reps

• Conditioning x5 Rounds EMOM
    1.Yoke Zercher Carry- 250lbs/113kg x50ft
    2.Sandbag Over Shoulder- x2

4 Likes

What the fuck nice!

1 Like

Thanks Brother, now I gotta get prepared mentally for another JYOOCY PR on Wednesday. Your axle presses weight wise and form wise are getting better and better, props to you!

1 Like

Oops forgot to post about my morning session today- 10/15/18

• Weighted Dips SS W/Pull-ups- x4x6
    BW x22
    +50lbs/22kg x4x6
    BW x12

• Ez-bar Curls SS W/ Ez-bar French Presses- x5x10

• NG Push-ups W/Pause at bottom- x3xMax Reps (30,18,10)

2 Likes

Ooh what lift? Or squats again

Thanks man!

1 Like

Gonna hit 415/188kg for a double on Deadlifts this Wednesday. If I get my sleep and food I should be pretty well set for it!

1 Like

Heck yeah. Lightweight

1 Like

Epic.

1 Like

Walking will be a challenge tomorrow :joy:. Good job man.

1 Like