Working Abs Everyday?

It is easy to train to often and for to long; it is difficult to train to intensely.

An explanation I once came upon is that there is no tendon there (abs) and for this reason they can be trained more frequently. Faster recovery. But obviously if they are sore,then it’s not time.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
An explanation I once came upon is that there is no tendon there (abs) and for this reason they can be trained more frequently. Faster recovery. But obviously if they are sore,then it’s not time.[/quote]

not a bad theory

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Alffi wrote:
An explanation I once came upon is that there is no tendon there (abs) and for this reason they can be trained more frequently. Faster recovery. But obviously if they are sore,then it’s not time.

not a bad theory[/quote]

I’m guessing you guys aren’t fans of that wacky “understanding basic human anatomy”-idea, huh?

Sorry to poke a hole in your theory, but there most certainly are tendons in the abdominals.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
How are the abdominal muscles any different from other muscles, in their fiber makeup? They aren’t so different that you can train them every day, trust me.[/quote]

True. The abs are like any other muscle, in that, if you decide to train them with a higher frequency, each workout should be significantly different from the last. Either focus on different types of exercise (one workout for flexion, one for rotation, one for static work) or use different set/rep/load schemes.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Alffi wrote:

not a bad theory

I’m guessing you guys aren’t fans of that wacky “understanding basic human anatomy”-idea, huh?

Sorry to poke a hole in your theory, but there most certainly are tendons in the abdominals.

bushidobadboy wrote:
How are the abdominal muscles any different from other muscles, in their fiber makeup? They aren’t so different that you can train them every day, trust me.

True. The abs are like any other muscle, in that, if you decide to train them with a higher frequency, each workout should be significantly different from the last. Either focus on different types of exercise (one workout for flexion, one for rotation, one for static work) or use different set/rep/load schemes.[/quote]

Beat me to it. tendons attach muscle to bone. How else would a muscle work without a tendon to connect it to a bone for movement.

training abs everyday would likely lead to a hernia after some time, training them 3 times a week with a day off in between should be more than you need

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Alffi wrote:

not a bad theory

bushidobadboy wrote:
How are the abdominal muscles any different from other muscles, in their fiber makeup? They aren’t so different that you can train them every day, trust me.

True. The abs are like any other muscle, in that, if you decide to train them with a higher frequency, each workout should be significantly different from the last. Either focus on different types of exercise (one workout for flexion, one for rotation, one for static work) or use different set/rep/load schemes.

Beat me to it. tendons attach muscle to bone. How else would a muscle work without a tendon to connect it to a bone for movement.

[/quote]

It’s just something I read from a reputable powerlifting site which is down now. It was worded a little ambigiously.

I’m showing my ignorance here but as far as I know,all skeletal muscles are not connected to bone,on both ends anyway. So maybe that was what it was getting at. Or was just wrong on all counts. I was just being a messenger.